👋 Introduce or Re-Introduce Yourself (Current)

• Hi I’m militarized milkmen. My name comes from the fact that the first time I saw a french and Soviet mech infantry, I said, “That’s not mechanized infantry, that’s just milkmen trained to carry infantry instead of milk.” Hence my name, militarized milkmen.

You all probably know me as the guy who keep reopening dead threads specifically ones I started because no one else responds to them lol.

I encourage you to check out my Cold War threads. Me and my partner @GEN-MANSTEIN with help from @MonsieurMurdoch working on developing an adaptation of Axis & Allies (It’s closest to G40 Second Ed.) that takes place during the Cold War. We are actually currently working with Historical Boardgaming on offering our game on their site, and possibly even selling pieces (tokens, tech trees, IPC Tracking Charts, and possibly even minatures) specifically for this game!

We are always looking for help, no I can’t pay you for it, lol. We only have three people actively working on this project, including myself, and we really could use the extra help.

Maybe I should make a thread where all people do is put in plugs for the things they’re working on lol.

• Hello everyone!
    I’m MonsieurMurdoch. I’m quite new to the forum, yet as you saw earlier I have been helping out @Militarized-Milkmen and @GEN-MANSTEIN on their Cold War adaptation. Very excited for the opportunity for working with Historical Board Gaming!
    I have currently posted only one setup so far, based on the Chinese Civil War. I encourage you to take a look if you have the time and please tell me what you think! I appreciate any advice because it helps me to develop future setups.
    I owe both Europe and Pacific G40 as well as 1941, though I don’t play that one anymore. Kicking myself for not getting 1914 before it went out of print lol. Deeply dislike AAZ. I also enjoy watching gameplay of Global 36 and 39, but since I can’t buy those due to shipping costs :( I have to settle for adapting the games setups to G40.
    Anyways, hello again and I’m glad to be on the forum!

• Hello A&A Community!

My name is Evan and I am from the great and desolate state of North Dakota. I am a big fan of G40 and 1914, but I am building up to Global War 1936. I wish I played more often than I do, I used to play very often. I have a custom sheet of research rules that I made for my game groups to use with G40. I made it to replace the OOB research. The technology house rules I use make tech useful and achievable. If anyone would like, I am more than happy to share it with the community and take any criticism for it to make it better for the game.

Thank you for taking the time to read a little bit about me and stay safe everyone,
    Evan

• This great that your have established a place to help people learn to play this exciting game.

• You mean a place where try-hard, know it alls, like me get to try and convince people of how intelligent I am, by getting inexperienced to use my startegy instead of someone else’s?

• I am not at the point of strategy I only want to learn how to play this game.

• @Eisenhower I was really just making a joke and trying to poke fun at other people on this site, however, in all honesty I am sure there are many people on this site who would be happy to show you how to play.

• ww2 taught us 2 major things about war.
    The side with the most stuff wins,the USA
    and the guy that spreads himself too thin loses. Germany

• @EliteGolden
    Thanks for your generous offer…I am especially having trouble learning how to us transports…which are import for my simulations. the early attacks on North Africa .

• Founder TripleA Admin

@Eisenhower I think there are a bunch of videos that folks here have made about how to play.

And look at that, you joined to learn A&A and a few days later, you won a prize!

• Hi my name is FrancoFan and I’m an alcoholic.

Anyone else played drunk rules? Really spices up the in person games.

• @FrancoFan Welcome to the party Franco. A long time ago I played drinking AnA. Basic game original rules. The game doesn’t last long because eventually no one cares who wins.

• @Sgt-Mclusky Yeah drunk Franco plays with maximum aggression. Game goes plenty fast whether we finish or prematurely surrender.

We like doing one shot = X amount of IPCs. Have seen some terrifying turn 1 purchases followed by questionable turn 2 strats.

• I don’t drink…love tea and ice cream sodas.
    I have enough playing this game already. If I were intoxicated I would really be lost.

• @Eisenhower Off-topic, but Eisenhower you really should claim your prize: 20th Anniversary Give Away, Winners for October 23, 2030. It’s yours for the taking…

-Midnight_Reaper

• @Midnight_Reaper is right. I’m about to draw the winners for this week, which means you get bumped to 6th place when that happens.

• @Eisenhower Yeah that’s why everyone has to be drinking for it to work. Really makes the game a lot less stressful. Turns up the energy on those dice rolls to 11. Plus you can blame losing on the al-al-alcohol.

• Where are you from?
    Currently Petawawa, ON, Canada
    What Axis & Allies games do you like to play?
    Axis & Allies 1940 Global
    How often do you play?
    Not often enough!
    Do you use any customizations (tables, painted pieces) or house rules?
    Yes. I’m working on making a table, painting pieces, custom roundels, flight stands / other things I’ve found on this forum. I’m also working on a modification to gameplay incorporating more emphasis on research and development. Lots of great ideas from people like siredblood, DK, YG, have motivated me.

• @djensen Hello all, I’m Jonathan Rost. Reside in northern Virginia, about halfway between DC and Richmond. Mostly retired. I play most variants of A& A, willing to travel for a good game of Global.

• @jonathan-rost c’mon up to Pittsburgh buddy…I’ve got every A&A game and G40 is my favorite

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m