• I wonder how Germany will be able to focus on Russia like before or if they will have to baby-sit Italy?

LT

• In pact of steel what are all the IPC values by nation?

• Italy 16, Germany 38, Japan 30, Russia 24, UK 33, US 42

• Italy 16, Germany 38, Japan 30, Russia 24, UK 33, US 42

those are good numbers for the new game i predict:

Germans 33-40 ( depending on scenario
    Italy 15-16
    Japan 22-30 ( depending on scenario)

Russia 32-24 (depending on scenario)
    UK  28-30
    USA  45
    china 8-9 ( they buy differently- probably 2 IPC infantry)

• Perhaps for Neutral nations… when you invade, multiply the amount of enemy alliance IPC values in adjacent territories by 2, and that many infantry defend.  For example, in revised, if Germany controlled Western Europe and UK invaded Spain, it would have 12 German infantry spring up on defense (representing political pressure being applied to Spain because of its adjacency to German territory, followed by an attack from Germany’s enemy).  On the flipside, Germany invading Spain would have no defensive forces pop up (clearly this means that there must be adjusted IPC values to make this rule work, but of course invading Spain even if Spain gave no resistance would be very risky as it gives Britain more ways to strike mainland europe, and you probably wont be reinforcing it with the 12 infantry that would have helped you otherwise).

2 variants of this idea:

-Instead of multiplying by 2, take the amount of enemy alliance IPC values in adjacent territories and simply add the neutral nation’s IPC value to find infantry amount.
    -Instead of multiplying by 2, multiply by the value of the territory (which would obviously mean that neutrals would need to be either low in value, or not surrounded by massively valued territories).

• I do not belive neutrals will be in play  :-(

hope I am wrong

now I would love to attack and plunder neutral Sweden, crush them under my boots  :lol:

• What if Germany could invade areas in “Italian Sphere of Influance” and give the newly acquired land zones to Italy?

I can see Italy throwing an = force at say Egypt UK has 1 INF left and Germany moves in for the kill making an Axis 1, 2 punch.  This way Italy can expand with the help of Germany.

What say you?

• @Adlertag:

I do not belive neutrals will be in play  :-(

hope I am wrong

now I would love to attack and plunder neutral Sweden, crush them under my boots  :lol:

Ohh, Be nice to the Swedes and they’ll be nice to you!  :wink:

• Graig,

The only reason I suggest this method is to ensure the survival of Italy.

The allies often use a 1, 2, 3 punch on Germany Russia doesn’t normally benifit from this.  UK makes the initial attack the US takes the territory and Russia reinforces it before Germany’s turn.

If Italy were to strike first and Germany take and hold the territory Italy won’t grow as an Axis power.  Since we all seem to agree that Italy will start some where around 16 - 24 IPC’s they need the income the most.

LT

• They could go in the following order:

Germany
    Russia
    Italy
    UK
    Japan
    US / China

This would also put an end to the Russia restricted / Russia don’t attack first rules once and for all.

LT

• When did Italy fall out of the war?

• I pulled this from Wiki.  Italy would be in both scenarios.

LT

Italy entered World War II on June 10, 1940. In September of 1940 Germany, Italy and Japan signed the Tripartite Pact. By 1941, however, the Italians had suffered multiple military defeats; in Greece and against the British in Egypt. It was only through German intervention in Yugoslavia, the Balkans and North Africa that Italy managed avert a major military collapse. By 1943 the Italian people had lost faith in Mussolini and no longer supported the war; Italy had lost its colonies, the allies had taken North Africa in May and Sicily had been invaded in July.

On July 25, 1943, King Victor Emmanuel III dismissed Mussolini, placed him under arrest, and began secret negotiations with the Allies. Italy then signed an armistice with the Allies on September 8, 1943

• I don’t think it’s realistic though to have an option in Ann.Ed. where Italy can switch sides.  The Allies are powerful enough without China and Italy.
    Thanks.

• I don’t think they would have Italy change sides Just little changes like UK starts with Egypt and stuff like that.

LT

• @LT04:

I don’t think they would have Italy change sides Just little changes like UK starts with Egypt and stuff like that.

LT

I would not think that italy should change sides. But it would be fun if italy could be it own side, and try to take over the world independant of germany and japan. long shot, but a true gammer could try.

• @mwindianapolis:

I would not think that italy should change sides. But it would be fun if italy could be it own side, and try to take over the world independant of germany and japan. long shot, but a true gammer could try.

Thats 2000 years too late    :roll:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m