• Picked Russian fighter simply because a UK fighter to me is as good if not better than a UK bomber (defense+attack, and landing on carrier to defend navy, also it’s not too difficult to get a landing in Norway or land on a carrier where fighters can launch to W Eur, Germ, E Eur anyway).  And I’d certainly rather have a Russian fighter than a UK fighter.

• 77% of voters feel that the russian fighter is more important than any other item on the list! So let’s agree that not everyone agrees all he time, but 77% of these voters disagee with Gen most of the time. :-P

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Actually, I am quite proud that I, and game play, have convinced about 25% of the voters that the British Bomber is more important to the grand scheme of things than a single Russian fighter.

I wonder how many of the Russian Fighter votes are influenced by experiences in Classic Axis and Allies where the Russian fighter was incredibly more important than it is in Revised.

Still rounding the numbers we have:

40 votes Russian Fighter
    10 votes British Bomber

Which proves one thing: My assertation that the British bomber is the most important piece on the map is not a solitary position and not a loony position to take.

In either case, no one wants to leave the Russian fighters as the sole defender of Karelia at the end of Russia 1 nor leave the British bomber the sole defender of Italian East Africa at the end of England 1.  On that, I am sure we all can agree!

• @Cmdr:

I wonder how many of the Russian Fighter votes are influenced by experiences in Classic Axis and Allies where the Russian fighter was incredibly more important than it is in Revised.

I’d guess no more than voted British bomber simply because it costs 15 IPCs to the 10 IPCs fighters cost.

• The Russian fighter attacks at a three and is only going to be used in land battles like a tank, so no huge advantage to me. British and American fighters end up defending Russian territories in the majority of games I’ve played, so again no huge advantage. That British bomber has options, however. SBRs and Med/Baltic Fleet attacks or finishing off Africa. Keeping Germany off balance early helps the allies and a fighter could never have the impact a bomber can.

My 2 pennies…

• @Cmdr:

Actually, I am quite proud that I, and game play, have convinced about 25% of the voters that the British Bomber is more important to the grand scheme of things than a single Russian fighter.

Still rounding the numbers we have:

40 votes Russian Fighter
    10 votes British Bomber

Which proves one thing: My assertation that the British bomber is the most important piece on the map is not a solitary position and not a loony position to take.

In either case, no one wants to leave the Russian fighters as the sole defender of Karelia at the end of Russia 1 nor leave the British bomber the sole defender of Italian East Africa at the end of England 1.  On that, I am sure we all can agree!

Sounds like you were working for the Gore camp in Florida based on your vote observations.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@allies_fly:

Sounds like you were working for the Gore camp in Florida based on your vote observations.

Nah, if that was the case, I’d say the bomber won when clearly it did not, nor did I expect it too.

Honestly, I thought so many players were going to be stuck in the rut of fighter > bomber that no one but myself would vote for the bomber, even though there is very clear and strong evidence that the british bomber is at least one of the top 5 most valuable pieces that start on the board (to me it is THE most valuable piece that starts on the board for a LONG time.)

• @allies_fly:

Trying to make a new P&D forum are you?

SMITE!

• @Cmdr:

Actually, I am quite proud that I, and game play, have convinced about 25% of the voters

….

40 votes Russian Fighter
    10 votes British Bomber

I really, really look for things to agree with you about jen. I like your enthusiasm in your analysis. But im confused. How can you incorrectly quote vote results that are posted at the top of this thread. How can anyone agree with you when your misrepresent obviously verifiable facts. Note the time and date of my post here. I am going to reproduce the numbers I see at the top:

ONE Russian Fighter  34 (79.1%)
    ONE British Bomber  7 (16.3%)
    ONE Japanese Fighter  1 (2.3%)
    ONE American Bomber  0 (0%)
    ONE German Fighter  1 (2.3%)
    Remove Vote

Total Voters: 43

Look, they even include a handy % next to the number for us!! sweet. So 43 total votes. 7 for UK bomber. And logically, if 79.1% of the votes are for the russian fighter, it does not mean Jen can claim the other 20.8%. There are other options, created be Jen herself. Think of those as the Nadar vote, it doesnt count for your side Jen.

Again, why should we debate easily verifiable facts, especially ones posted at the top of the page!!!

• @AxisOfEvil:

@Cmdr:

Actually, I am quite proud that I, and game play, have convinced about 25% of the voters

….

40 votes Russian Fighter
    10 votes British Bomber

I really, really look for things to agree with you about jen. I like your enthusiasm in your analysis. But im confused. How can you incorrectly quote vote results that are posted at the top of this thread. How can anyone agree with you when your misrepresent obviously verifiable facts. Note the time and date of my post here. I am going to reproduce the numbers I see at the top:

ONE Russian Fighter  34 (79.1%)
    ONE British Bomber  7 (16.3%)
    ONE Japanese Fighter  1 (2.3%)
    ONE American Bomber  0 (0%)
    ONE German Fighter  1 (2.3%)
    Remove Vote

Total Voters: 43

Look, they even include a handy % next to the number for us!! sweet. So 43 total votes. 7 for UK bomber. And logically, if 79.1% of the votes are for the russian fighter, it does not mean Jen can claim the other 20.8%. There are other options, created be Jen herself. Think of those as the Nadar vote, it doesnt count for your side Jen.

Again, why should we debate easily verifiable facts, especially ones posted at the top of the page!!!

Hence my observation of the Florida vote count (no political agenda was implied!)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m