• Is it me, or is the piece storage in Revised horrible? I may be OCD, but I prefer to have my pieces in neatly organized trays so I can quickly & easily find the units I want. Any thoughts on the subject?

• I have tinker some little carton boxes with sliding lid for all my A&A variants, matching the size of the game box, including little boxes for nation markers, dices, IC and so on. The boxes have little boxes inside with different size for each type of unit. I have also do this for other games I own, for instance “Merchants of Venus”. It’s a little bit work for a (long) afternoon, but they are looking much better then plastic boxes, I think.

• You should send your gripe to Field Marshal Games.  They sound like they would get right on it and start putting customized boxes into production.

LT

• @C_Strabala:

Is it me, or is the piece storage in Revised horrible? I may be OCD, but I prefer to have my pieces in neatly organized trays so I can quickly & easily find the units I want. Any thoughts on the subject?

It is not you and a desire for effieciency is not a sign of OCD.

BOTB has slick 9 compartment divider for the bottom of the box that of course they didn’t use again for Guadalcanal.

The Anniv. set is good in regards to storage.

• @frimmel:

@C_Strabala:

Is it me, or is the piece storage in Revised horrible? I may be OCD, but I prefer to have my pieces in neatly organized trays so I can quickly & easily find the units I want. Any thoughts on the subject?

It is not you and a desire for effieciency is not a sign of OCD.

BOTB has slick 9 compartment divider for the bottom of the box that of course they didn’t use again for Guadalcanal.

The Anniv. set is good in regards to storage.

The only gripe I have about the AA50 storage box is that the compartments are to small for the IPC’s to lay flat in.  Other then that they did do a good job with the design.

LT

• @LT04:

You should send your gripe to Field Marshal Games.  They sound like they would get right on it and start putting customized boxes into production.

LT

A purpose built box that would hold a couple of sets and boards with handles for carrying would be terrific.

The IPC thing is unfortunate on Anniv.

• Official Q&A

@Craig:

Plano 3449-87 StowAway Utility Box

This is a good choice.  One for each power and then a smaller 1050 Specialty Utility Box for the chips, ICs, and AAs.

I use the same thing, except I don’t use the smaller one for the miscellaneous stuff.  I use the same box.  They all fit nicely in the game box.

• My pieces are in a bunch of odds and ends. And since my board is permanently set up storage is not an issue. We have some half egg deals that are sort of like the old eggs that leggs pantyhose came in with a flat end that the UK and US land pieces that are used reside in. The Axis land and air pieces are in another. The Russian pieces are in a plastic shot glass from some cough medicine. The Axis navy units are in a two compartment plastic tray and the Allied ones in a single compartment tray. Both of these are about the size of a cigarette pack. We only keep the pieces that get used in most games in these and they reside next to the board. The remaining pieces are in ziplock bags in a cigar box. I guess its because I used to play Squad Leader where you had to come up with some storage system of your own for all the cardboard counters but I was never really bothered by the lack with Axis and Allies. As a matter of fact the first thing I did was seperate everything into plastic ziplock bags.

Is it really all that hard to improvise, adapt, and overcome?

• That is true. I am curious Craig as I know you travel and do tournaments if you have advanced to the multiple planos on hand trucks ala the squad leader community?

• one of my mate’s just used plastic takeaway containers to store the pieces in. one for axis and one for allies. they’re just the right size to fit in the box properly when moving from place to place

much happier with the provided storage boxes in AA50 though. definitely a step up  :-)

• well he’d always divy them up when it came to game time. but i agree, so props to AA50 for providing some stylish ones  :-D

• We just wrap ours up in a piece of tinfoil.  Its not exactly pretty, or organized as far as the different units go (but really guys, how hard is it to pick a tank out??), but it keeps the countries seperated and the upshot is that you can easily replace the containers when they get worn out.

• For Revised I use ziploc bags, one for each nation and one for all grey pieces and chips. It works pretty easy.

• It might give an advantage on the tournament scene to have all the players distracted by your snazzy tinfoil storage!  :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m