• These things are killer and shutting down action in the Pacific.  The Japanese can’t seem to compete against American Wolf Packs.  Even after trying to acquire ASW for 7+ turns the Japanese still don’t have it.  Couple that with roving stacks of American Wolf Packs means you can’t even put Destroyers in the water without them being sunk immediately.

Any thoughts on how to balance the subs back a bit.  The Wolf Pack just seems to be too powerful.  Being able to chase CV & BB all over the map without a chance of return fire is pretty bad.

• Wolf Pack is ONLY for Germany!

you playing it wrong.

Only Germany gets the bonus. If tekkey wrote it wrong, then ill advise. I kept harping on that rule with him for like a month

America can still buy lots of subs, which is the key for taking out Japanese trade in the actual war. Also, you use them to isolate the small islands and deprive Japan from getting the income unless they want to come back and fight.

• Nice!

That changes everything.  Huge.  Man, I need a AARHE hotline!

Appreciate the fast response IL.  This isn’t going to go over well with the Allies.

• You can ask me 1 million questions. Its my job to help anybody who wants to play it.

• We’ve ended up bastardizing AARHE Lite and AARHE Sea Combat.  So, I’m having some issues with DD vs. SS in Sea Combat.

In the full up rule set there is ASW warfare phase which doesn’t exist in Lite.  So, we’re allowing the DD to choose to attack surface fleet or submarines before they roll for combat.

Is this correct thinking, or does the defender get to choose casaulties?

Thinking out loud.

• Bierwagen

• We’ve ended up bastardizing AARHE Lite and AARHE Sea Combat.  So, I’m having some issues with DD vs. SS in Sea Combat.

In the full up rule set there is ASW warfare phase which doesn’t exist in Lite.  So, we’re allowing the DD to choose to attack surface fleet or submarines before they roll for combat.

Is this correct thinking, or does the defender get to choose casualties?

Well in the spirit of the rules sub combat is always done first and separate.

• @Imperious:

We’ve ended up bastardizing AARHE Lite and AARHE Sea Combat.  So, I’m having some issues with DD vs. SS in Sea Combat.

Is this correct thinking, or does the defender get to choose casualties?

Well in the spirit of the rules sub combat is always done first and separate.

So, DD & SS are separated out from the rest combat and this warfare is accomplished first.  Then Aiir Combat.  Then fleet warfare.

Sound right?

• So, DD & SS are separated out from the rest combat and this warfare is accomplished first.  Then Air Combat.  Then fleet warfare.

yes and its on your naval combat sequence player aid.  sub interaction,then survivors allocate air units and they fight concurrently with ongoing naval actions.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m