The Chainsaw Tank, kept forgetting to use it…

• '21 '20 '18 '17

The techs in AAZ aren’t team specific, so you’d have to make the tank in 5 colors, for the rare situation it came up.

I agree about the deadnapper convoys–no longer to you need to create your own infantry (future zombie brigade), you can just grab the ones that the game creates and land them all over the place.

The techs mostly “reskin” all of one team’s units of one type so to make custom pieces in one color would cause a lot of confusion.  However, a full new ($100?) set of minis for all the teams with 10 copies of custom tanks, infantry transports etc. will no doubt be offered by Christmas.

• @taamvan:

The techs mostly “reskin” all of one team’s units of one type so to make custom pieces in one color would cause a lot of confusion.   However, a full new ($100?) set of minis for all the teams with 10 copies of custom tanks, infantry transports etc. will no doubt be offered by Christmas.

WOTC could make Expansion Packs like they did with the Minis, and make lots of money, I bet the A&A community would love it

• Founder TripleA Admin

@Narvik:

I belive you missed my point. A lot of the A&A fans are piece junkies, they would purchase any A&A game if it has new pieces that can be fairly used in their customized games. You can make a simple game with F4F fighter for the p38, or a Tiger tank, or a Hood battleship, and people would buy that game just for the new pieces. I figure that a Chainsaw Tank could be used to clear minefields or that kind of thing in a non-zombie game. I know that this plastic pieces cost from less to nothing, so I figure that WOTC could have made good money if they had a better understanding of the motivation of the piece junkies that spend a lot of money on this games. I believe it is poor business policy to target a game like this to a narrow audience, when it could reach all the A&A community just by including some Panzer IV sculpts, or a Mustang fighter for US. Dont confuse this with negativity, it is ment to be a rational advice.

Fair enough, you believe it was a lost opportunity. However, I would argue that larger community of board gamers is larger than our community of A&A players. Thus, you need to make the game more accessible to the masses. Therefore, make sure the game isn’t more expensive than Catan. Both Catan and AAZ are about $40.

Accessories for Axis & Allies has never happened in the past but who knows what the future holds. This game is getting SO much press. Geek and Sundry did a nearly 3 hours video playing it.

• @djensen Just joined the group so I don’t know if anyone knows, but GHQ sell 1/285th sherman with Crab mine flail, which would work nicely for a chainsaw tank I think.

• Maybe custom roundel under the unit as a reminder, or better yet a 3D printed model.

• @8d88

If there ever will be a remake / re-issue of AAZ I really hope they will at least include some counters for special units.
    Maybe limit these ‘special abilities’ to certain units.

Then again. The game as it is now plays rather simple when it comes to technologies and special abilities…

BTW: AAZ was one of the options for a re-issue by Renegade Game Studios. The other three being the ‘Theatre / Battles Games’ (D-Day / Bulge / Guadacanal):

https://www.facebook.com/groups/axisandalliescommunity/posts/908237607137027/

The last one was eventually picked.

• Since I don’t use the green chips throwing a green chip under a special unit is a good reminder of the technology, definitely helped us remember after too many beers.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m