• 2007 AAR League

Here’s just a few ideas of mine plus alot of ideas from other players who have taken an interest in the FFA concept and wish to explore this exciting option of gameplay further.

LHTR 2.0 only
    Capitol in exhile
    Power has to hold 8 Victory cities for 1 full turn after taking
    N/A’s allowed but randomly selected at the start of each powers turn
    Russia and Brt both receive 2 N/A’s remainder just 1

New start up money for each Power
    Russia - 34 Ipc’s ( automatically 10 Ipc’s extra each round up to 40 Ipc’s )
    Germany - 40 Ipc’s
    Britain - 35 Ipc’s ( automatically 5 Ipc’s extra each round up to a total of 40 Ipc’s )
    Japan - 30 Ipc’s
    Usa - 42 Ipc’s

Extra units for start up
    Russia

1 Extra Ftr Caus
    1 Bom Mos

Britain

1 IC Saf
    The AA Ind gets moved to Saf
    BB SZ13 and Dest SZ15 moved to SZ2

All other powers as per normal

Victory Cities
    Rus- Mos
          Kar
          Cau
          Nov

Ger- Ger
          Seu
          Weu
          Lib

Gbr- Gbr
          Ind
          Aus
          Saf

Jpn- Jpn
          Kwa
          Phi
          Sol

Usa- Eus
          Wus
          Bra
          Haw

National Advantages

Russia
    Lend Lease can be swapped with

Conscripts
    Russia player allowed to place 2 Russian Inf in any Russia territory held at the begiining of it’s turn

Gbr
    Joint strike can be replaced by

British Commandos
    British player allowed to place 2 Gbr Inf in any territory held at the beginning of it’s turn

Middle East Oil can be replace by

Jet Fighters
    All British Ftrs can now move 5 spaces instead of 4

Enigma Decoded and French resistence can be scrapped so they only have to roll out of 4 possible N/A’s

This is how the map could start of the game.
    Any Ideas are most welcome, this is by no means a final copy of how we should play it.

Free For All Start Up.AAM

• and yeah I was thinking of 2 infantry conscripts too
    1 doesn’t do anything

holding VCs for 1 full turn is about right

otherwise I like to keep it simple
    like no setup changes

we just adjust the NAs a little more and should be good

or we can go further
    make conscripts/commandos 2 infantry in 1 territory OR 3 infantry in 3 territories

and then Russia and UK get one more NA random

• what is FFA

• @Amon:

what is FFA

Free For All.

like yo momma!

no not rly . . .

• 2007 AAR League

i like it rand.  what is capitol in exhile ?    i like the extra money alot,  any giving UK 1 ic + combine boats in sz 2 will  help too.  i also like the fig + bom to russia.  at the very  least russia has to get 1 bom,  everybody else has 1.

i’ve never played a game with NA’s,  but i’ve looked them over.  do we pick which ones we want or roll for them.  can we allow USA to have superfortress ?

can we roll for tech during the game,  can we roll for more NA’s during the game.

and i have a question about tech,  you roll for it at the start of your turn,  can you use it that turn or do you have to wait until next rd ?  my buddies and I play you use it right away,  but i think i’ve seen guys here wait until next rd.  just wondering.

all in all i like it alot Rand,  we have to make some changes to make it fair for UK & russsia,  and i think these are good ones.

Those all look pretty good to me.

Just a question on the conscripts/commandos thing, do you place those guys at the beginning of your turn and can use them to attack?  Or are they placed at the end of your turn as reinforcements?

• 2007 AAR League

@DarthMaximus:

Those all look pretty good to me.

Just a question on the conscripts/commandos thing, do you place those guys at the beginning of your turn and can use them to attack?  Or are they placed at the end of your turn as reinforcements?

I’m thinking maybe at the end of your turn, and they don’t need to abide by the rules of land values. Example, Russia Buys 8 Inf Places all of them in Mos, you can place the 2 conscripts there as well.

As far as Techs go I think maybe all Powers choose 1, and the second N/A for Russia and Britain is random. Whats the thoughts on that?

• 2007 AAR League

are you talking every country choosing 1 tech + 1 NA,  UK & russia get 1 tech + 2 NA ?

• 2007 AAR League

My apologies, when I mentioned Techs I actually meant N/A’s. So every country gets to choose 1 N/A with Russia and Brt getting a further random N/A.

@Randmacts:

I’m thinking maybe at the end of your turn, and they don’t need to abide by the rules of land values. Example, Russia Buys 8 Inf Places all of them in Mos, you can place the 2 conscripts there as well.

Okay, that sounds good to me.

• 2007 AAR League

ok thats fine we all choose 1 +  UK & russia roll for 1 more each,  can USA choose superfortress?
    as for the conscripts thats cool too.

what about techs,  can we roll for them,  and do you use them the same rd. you get them ?

• no worries there regarding superfortress
    LHTR 2.0 doesn’t have it anymore

• 2007 AAR League

I,ve never really played with Techs too much, I,m in a FFA game at the moment that is using them, seems to be working. We will be using LHTR 2.0, although I don’t have the copy in front of me at the moment as I am at work, I don’t think it has that ability in there though I could be wrong. Whats it able you to do?

• 2007 AAR League

@tekkyy:

no worries there regarding superfortress
    LHTR 2.0 doesn’t have it anymore

Cheers Tekkyy, that clears that up then.

• @mojo:

what is capitol in exhile ?

after you lose your capital you play on
    it moves to a territory with an IC and you place 3 free infantry

if you have no IC, you collect money til you can buy an IC and then you get your new capital

I think I recall someone referred to a post somewhere on this forum

• 2007 AAR League

Yeah I’m not sure on the full ruling on that, I assume you still lose what money you have in your coffers to whoever defeated you, just lets you live on to fight another day.

• 2007 AAR League

yea superfortress means aa guns cannot hits USA bombers,  i’m not sure what rules i have it’s the book in the revised game.

as for tech i see you can use them the round you get them.  i like that.

as for the capitol exile rule,  i’m not sure,  the game does need to end at some point. i guess we can discuss it.

• "Capitol at the exile:

When a capital is captured, follow the normal rules and the conqueror can steal the money, but the power who’s capitol was taken can reallocate the capital at one territory with an IC on it. If the power has more than 1 IC, put in the territory with most income (if two or more have same income, put the new capitol at your choice). The reallocation must be declared in Purchase units phase. You gain “Rally exiled troops” rule

If the power has no IC left, it can still collect income, but the income only can be invested in 1 IC that will be the new capitol and gain the “Rally exiled troops” rule. If no territories or troops are left … well, you are out of the game!

And, If you manage retake your original capital, you can choose keep at your actual capitol or come back to the original. This can be made on any Deploy units phase post retaking the original capitol.

Rally exiled troops: Remanents of your army joins at new capital for continuing the resistance! Put 1d3 inf for free at the new capitol when the new capitol is declared (or buyed).

Note that this is used for you can still play, even if you have not many chances of wining the game"

Note you put 1d3 inf, not 3 inf as someone said.
    I created this rule to prevent someone who’s capital has fallen and still has units must post moves without chance of doing nothing, thus maybe resigning from the game and letting the other 4 stopped. FFA 1 had a clear case of this, with Japan backstabbed, with lots of units but no trannie and Tokyo fallen. Another easy case would be UK falling (not so difficult doing Sea Lion in FFA) or even sneaky german/UK trannies taking Whashington when USA is distracted in Pacific (difficult but can happen, at least in a game I managed take L.A. because the guy was distracted)

The free inf are for prevent the new capitol could be taken so quickly.

• 2007 AAR League

is the new capitol limited to it’s ipc value ?  so if UK has australia as it’s new capitol,  he can only build 2 units ?  just wondering i’m not sure how down with this rule i am,  but i’m thinking about it.  and where did this rule come from ?  where is this LHTR 2.0 ?  it’s not the rule book in revised ?

• don’t worry about game dragging on
    I guess we didn’t explain the 8 VCs properly
    its not the original VCs

I presume Randmact is basing it on the current system

Russia
    rus, kar, cau, nov
    Germany
    ger, seu, weu, lib
    UK
    gbr, ind, aus, saf
    Japan
    jpn, kwa, phi, sol
    USA
    eus, wes, hai, bra

mojo, aren’t you that really good play at the tournaments?

@mojo:

where is this LHTR 2.0 ?  it’s not the rule book in revised ?

hey are you that really good Torney/League player?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m