Thank you for answering my questions !
Latest posts made by Reign_of_Light
RE: Some questions about the board-game rules
thank you so much for all your answers. I have to confess we decided on most rules exactly wrong :roll: . For example: Our defending Anti-aircraft guns always shot in every(!) opening fire round, again and again. Seemed to be realistic, because there was no logical reason to us why an anti-aircraft-gun should stop firing on attacking airplanes?!
Our submarines were even real “super-units” being able to shoot down airplanes. The top of it: We made submarines shoot two times in a round: In the opening fire phase AND again in normal combat. Therefore they got only one(!) opening fire, cause we supposed them to be located by every enemy ship after their “surprise-attack”. Now I’m asking myself (and of course you) whether submarines are attackable by battleships, transport and carriers at all if they are not guarded by a destroyer?
As you see, even your additional comments, that did not really belong to any question of mine, helped us a lot with some surprising realizations !
I have one important question left. The last 3 (of 4) times we played axis&allies-revised the axis won the war (Okay, last time it was an absolutly impossible amount of luck when the weaker Japanese fleet won over my American navy, that was nearly two times as big; they even kept two battleships :x ; Nevertheless even my victory wouldn’t necessarily have saved Moskau from the Germans.). Next Sunday we Allies (I love the challange) will try again (this time using massive amounts of bombers for the first time, maybe we underestimated them 'til now). But for the case that the allies loose again, I started to read about the whole “bidding” thing. I was really surprised when I realized, that people are bidding for the Axis(!) and not for the Allies that seem weaker to me. Additionally I read in many threads that in most cases the Axis win over the Allies (what proves my experiences). So can you tell me why you bid for the Axis instead of the Allies in A&A-Revised :? ?
[Edit]Ah, before I forget: Can you please list all units that cannot attack or defend each other? For example: can infantry defend against airplanes?
[Edit2] Last question for today : Is the number of fighters per carrier limited?
Some questions about the board-game rules
Hello to everyone,
I and my friends just played Axis&Allies-Revides for the 4th time, and the game ist still rocking :evil:! We are alle convinced to keep WW2 going for many more evenings, the game really kicks ass :roll:!
But nethertheless, we had a few arguments about gaps in the rule book, or just rules that may be understood in different ways. It’s also possible, that we misunderstood or didn’t even recognize some sentences that could have answered one or two questions. To our defense: English is not our mother tongue over here in Germany, and all of us were burning to start playing while we quick-read the rule book.
Okay, here we go:
1. If the Soviet Union got “Mobile Industry” as their national ability, can the SU-Player move his industry-complexes even out of the red territory? For instance into conquered ex-German territory or maybe also into Sinkiang? In case he is allowed to, what happens if the SU-Player moves a complex into allied territory (for example Sinkiang)? Is it him or the allied nation who is able to use this complex for production? (ehm, yes, I know the history background to this NA, but the rule book is not saying that industrial complexes may only be moved into the eastern soviet territories :roll:)
2. If there is only one sea zone between to areas, units may be “bridged” over transports located in that specific sea zone. But how fast are units “bridged”, especially infantry? Do they need one or two turns to enter the opposite coast?
3. If ships, carriers and some airplanes (coming from land) attack a sea zone with some enemy ships in it and win the fight, may the airplanes fly back to an inland territory (if they have move points left) or are they forced to land on the carriers involved in the battle (unless they are not destroyed)?
4. Can submarines attack airplanes generally (I don’t talk about the prefight torpedo attack)? And does it work the other way round?
5. I really don’t think so, but some friends persist on that one: If you have two anti-aircraft-cannons in one territory, can they both fire on attacking airplanes?
6. And: Can an anti-aircraft-gun fire on attacking airplanes only once, before the first round of combat, or every time a new round of combat begins (unless the attacker retreats)?
7. How does a fight submarine vs. submarine work? The rule book says, that this kind of combat is treated like a combat between two normal ships. Does this mean every submarine has a prefight-torpedo-attack or none of both?
8. Does moving a unit onto a transport cost one of the units move-points? And, the other way round, can a transport move through two sea zones AND unload its units or does that recommends another move point of the transport?
9. The rule-book says that the Soviet NA “Russian Winter” may only be used once. But isn’t it a little bit weak then?
That is it so far.
I would really appreciate you for answering these few questions . I’m sure nearly all of you know the answers!
Thank you and best regards, Reign_of_Light