• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

So which is your favorite transformer from the movie?  (Only ones from the movie.)

Mine is Barricade.  He’s just so wicked!

• which ever one is the airplane. he looks my avatar  :wink:. but the one who wanting to blow everyone up was preety funny.

@cyan:

which ever one is the airplane. he looks my avatar  :wink:. but the one who wanting to blow everyone up was preety funny.

Starscream.  He used to be an F-15 Eagle in the original cartoon, but they changed him into the F-22 Raptor.

He’s fun.  He used to have a posse didn’t he?

Anyway, I’d love to find the OLD toys.  The new ones are too complicated for my son I think.  optimus prime has like 46 steps to turn him into a truck from what I am told.

• Not knocking the new movie at all, but there are nowhere near as many characters to choose from.  I was always a fan of Beast Wars, back when I was in high school, but for the new movie, I’d have to go with Starscream.  :wink:

Yea, there’s only what:

Devastator
    Starscream
    Blackout
    Megatron
    Barricade

vs

Jazz
    Bumblebee
    Ironhide
    Ratchet
    Optimus Prime

(For some reason the transformer’s website implies a huge imbalance in numbers between the forces, but looks like 5 and 5 to me.  Unless you wanna count Shockwave and the Scorpion, but they’re really minor.  Heck, Shockwave is vulnerable to a sawz-all!)

I’m hoping they have a few sequels (primarily because my 5 year old loves the movie and I want to return it to the store one day!) and introduce some more characters.  The other jets would be fun, to include Skyfire.  Hotrod would be a good addition too, since they killed Jazz!

• '19 Moderator

As far as the movie goes Bumblebee kicks ass.  I love the new Camaro.  Of course the “real” Bumble bee is a VW and that’s not near as cool.

Of the old school you can’t beat Megatron.  A P38 with the power to blow up a planet GTFOH.

• 2007 AAR League

has anyone seen the animated movie.

most of the characters die in the first 20 minutes!  its sweet.

• I haven’t seen the new movie yet, but I’m sure I will.

@balungaloaf:

Yes, I have.  How could you not own it?
    And do you know why they killed most of them off?  They were moving to Generation 2, meaning new figures for kids to buy.  :wink:

I’d have to say of the animated series, I liked Jazz (mainly the voice), Blaster, Grimlock, and Soundwave.  Although all the voice acting was well done.

• Woo, Beast Wars! O_o I remember the waspinator and the raptor guy who was a traitor…

• @Bean:

Woo, Beast Wars! O_o I remember the waspinator and the raptor guy who was a traitor…

that raptor dude was my favorite. I still remember it from when I was like 6.

• that raptor dude was my favorite. I still remember it from when I was like 6.

I remember crying when the raptor dude sacrificed himself to help out the good guys  :cry:

• They took away a major component of the original cartoon in the movie when they changed Megatron.

In the cartoon, part of what kept Megatron “in check” was that, when he transformed h had to be wielded by another Deceptacon.

That was a major power limitation, and is what helped to maintain the “challenge for power” against Megatron… he could not become that super-powerful weapon and do ANYTHING without another to aim and pull the trigger.  And it had to be a pretty major Deceptacon to wield such a large weapon… large and powerful, and thus a threat to Megatron’s rule.

@ncscswitch:

They took away a major component of the original cartoon in the movie when they changed Megatron.

In the cartoon, part of what kept Megatron “in check” was that, when he transformed h had to be wielded by another Deceptacon.

That was a major power limitation, and is what helped to maintain the “challenge for power” against Megatron… he could not become that super-powerful weapon and do ANYTHING without another to aim and pull the trigger.  And it had to be a pretty major Deceptacon to wield such a large weapon… large and powerful, and thus a threat to Megatron’s rule.

That was Starscream’s job.  That’s why starscream was never just killed off by Megatron!

Anyway, making him a fighter did kinda serve a purpose, it got him to Earth.  Though, I do not see why star scream couldnt have been the forzen ice man.

• Is the new transformers movie worth watching do you guys think? I haven’t it yet…

@Bean:

Is the new transformers movie worth watching do you guys think? I haven’t it yet…

It’s fun to watch them transform in realistic action instead of cartoons.

• Definitely Starscream. He doesn’t talk like a whiney b**ch as in the cartoon.

Barracade or Ironhide a close second.

@balungaloaf:

YOU GOT THE TOUCH!!
    YOU GOT THE POWERRRR!!

• @ncscswitch:

They took away a major component of the original cartoon in the movie when they changed Megatron.

You mean when he became Galvatron?
    Regardless, the component you speak of does not exist.
    He could level city blocks with his arm cannon (and more, but it weakened him) in robot mode as Megatron.  The P38 mode fired a more focused beam, so it was stronger against individuals.  When he became Galvatron, he could still turn into a pistol, but mostly took on a cannon mode, which the toy represented (but not the pistol form).
    Also, he could change size.  In the very first episode he becomes small enough to fit in Starscream’s hand.  In others, he becomes small enough for humans to wield.  And I just read that he retained his relative robot size in one episode where he attached (as a giant P38) to Starscream in jet mode.

• '19 Moderator

@Jermofoot:

@ncscswitch:

You mean when he became Galvatron?
    Regardless, the component you speak of does not exist.
    He could level city blocks with his arm cannon (and more, but it weakened him) in robot mode as Megatron.  The P38 mode fired a more focused beam, so it was stronger against individuals.  When he became Galvatron, he could still turn into a pistol, but mostly took on a cannon mode, which the toy represented (but not the pistol form).
    Also, he could change size.  In the very first episode he becomes small enough to fit in Starscream’s hand.  In others, he becomes small enough for humans to wield.  And I just read that he retained his relative robot size in one episode where he attached (as a giant P38) to Starscream in jet mode.

That’s what I’m talking about, Bad guys always have the coolest toys.

• 2007 AAR League

Yeah, certainly Starscream was my favorite from the original cartoon.  That is, until they introduced the Constructicons who could merge into Devastator and then Devastator’s autobot nemesis, Omega Supreme, became my favorite. But Starscream remained my favorite Decepticon. He was such an a**hole in the cartoon, how could you not like him?

Omega Supreme had so many flavors of cool. He has the coolest name. He was like 3 times as big as any other transformer and Devastator was the only Decepticon who could fight him. And he could disassemble into a tank AND a rocket. I’m pissed that I never found the time to see the movie in the theater, but I’d make time if they made a sequel with Omega Supreme in it.

My favorite of the toys was Sky Fire.  Then again, it WAS a jet and was very (identical?) similar to Robotech’s fighters too….coincidence?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m