• I’m using the 1941 scenario and since Germany goes first you could create a strategy a definite strategy you could use any time. Does anyone have an ideal buy? What I’ve been doing is purchasing one R&D roll. Then using 24 IPCs, I purchase 4 Infantry and 3 Artillery, holding 2 IPCs for the next round. However, I feel like this could be improved upon.

• '17 '16

Tank at 5 IPCs and M2 should be the main purchase to Crush Moscow.
    M2 leave less rounds for Soviet Inf build up.

As Germany be aggressive and keep an eye on NOs.
    They provide a major swing and you need them to beat Allies.
    Stay on guard to deny Allies NOs.

• I’ve always liked to buy mostly infantry in the first round as Germany. I can then send them towards Russia to help buffer the tank losses, or keep some around the coast for defence depending on how the first game round plays out.

• @Baron:

Tank at 5 IPCs and M2 should be the main purchase to Crush Moscow.
    M2 leave less rounds for Soviet Inf build up.

As Germany be aggressive and keep an eye on NOs.
    They provide a major swing and you need them to beat Allies.
    Stay on guard to deny Allies NOs.

Pardon but, what does M2 mean? Also how many tanks should I buy? Or are you saying just one? Thank you for your strategy.

• @tin_snips:

I’ve always liked to buy mostly infantry in the first round as Germany. I can then send them towards Russia to help buffer the tank losses, or keep some around the coast for defence depending on how the first game round plays out.

Thank you for your strategy, I’ll test them out on Triple A and adjust it to my needs.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

M2 means the tanks move two spaces. I also like to buy mostly infantry for Germany round 1, with either a carrier for the Baltic OR a bomber OR two tanks, depending on Allied bid. If Allies bid nothing in Russia, buy tanks for early Moscow crush. If Allies bid nothing in Atlantic, buy carrier to deny North Sea / Channel to Allies for first three turns. Otherwise, bomber is useful for G2 attack on Egypt and/or G2 attack on remnants of Royal Navy.

It is almost always worthwhile to stack France hard with Germany, because if Germany keeps France then you cam land fighters and AS guns there, and France is part of an NO for Germany, Italy. UK, and US…a huge swing in cash even to trade it, let alone lose it. If you don’t build infantry on turn 1, you can’t stack France without abandoning your eastern front NO.

• As Germany in my first buy you should buy a maximum amount of infantry, because these will be needed on the Eastern Front and for defence of the West. You are going to need them. Later when you have decent defenses, you can switch to tanks, fighters or bombers to help out with attacks or defence.

I have a pretty standard opening with Germany. I try to destroy the Royal Navy as much as possible with aircraft and subs. I also attack the three Russian terroritories while keeping most of my armour on one spot, East-Poland. In that way you have a strong center and flexibility to attack in every direction.

I dont attack Egypt on round 1. First I bring up reinforcements to make sure my attack will succeed on round 2.

And perhaps later in the game I might consider buying a factory. It can be relatively safely placed in Poland, together with an AA. In that way infantry is quicker to the Russian front. But France is also an option, but you have to make sure the Allies dont capture it. It has to be very well guarded.

I usually dont really do much with weapons research. I find it a waste of resources. If you really have money to spare buy Bombers. They are very effective in killing the enemy with long range. A very helpful weapon for Germany considering the many fronts it has.

All in all, if Germany is pretty succesfull in the round 1 without too many losses, you are in a good spot to hold out, even if the Allies go full out on you. The German Airforce is powerful and will make any attack on your important territories a bloody affair for the Allies.

Greetz!!

• Thank you all for your strategies, I will be using them in the future

• The most effective allied strategy is to KGF.  For this main reason, Germany should fatten up and not lose the war by ensuring many infantry as part of their buys.  Japan will be unstoppable by round 5 (at the latest) since There is no good way to slow Japan enough that really makes a difference.  Japan can even fly a ftr or two to Europe to help keep the allies off Fortress Europe.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m