• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Nah, decided I don’t want to share it yet, want to iron out some wrinkles… :)  I’m evil that way! (Look in my games and you’ll find it though, lucky for you, it’s a German 1 thing, so you won’t have to search hard.)

• UK could liberate kar on there turn with ease, 1 BB bombard, 1 inf, 1 arm, 2 fig, 1 bomb, even without the battleship bombard if you don’t want to risk losing it just sac the trannie.  Then UK doesn’t even need to buy much fleet to cover landings.  Russia, buy 6 armor, place in Moscow, drop 10 inf, 1 art, 1 arm into East Ukraine to force the Germans to commit north or lose there units.  If Germany can kill 10 inf, 1 art, 1 arm pull back to Moscow/Caucasus.  Just to be a punk since I have so much fleet left i’d send my second trannie to take Algeria to possibly prevent an Italian NO.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@bugoo:

UK could liberate kar on there turn with ease, 1 BB bombard, 1 inf, 1 arm, 2 fig, 1 bomb, even without the battleship bombard if you don’t want to risk losing it just sac the trannie.  Then UK doesn’t even need to buy much fleet to cover landings.  Russia, buy 6 armor, place in Moscow, drop 10 inf, 1 art, 1 arm into East Ukraine to force the Germans to commit north or lose there units.  If Germany can kill 10 inf, 1 art, 1 arm pull back to Moscow/Caucasus.  Just to be a punk since I have so much fleet left i’d send my second trannie to take Algeria to possibly prevent an Italian NO.

I’d recommend hitting SZ 2 with 2 Submarines.  Personally, I diverted the bomber to that attack and landed the surviving fighters from Karelia on Norway.  I just decided at the last minute to send the bomber to Karelia too…good thinking though.

• Actually the more I think about it I think if the UK has the boats they should move there entire navy to SZ 12 landing all available troops plus placing the 3 fighters in Gibraltar, purchasing 1 more trannie (or 2 if you lost 1), 1 more bomber, and then land units, what have you.  If you kept the BB this allows you to seriously threaten Italy on UK2, especially if you have 2 trannies left at the end of turn 1.  Now you have to ensure that Germany doesn’t have the planes in position to sink your fleet in SZ12, but if you take Algeria fighters can only reach from France/NW Europe, bombers are another story.  Granted Italy could attack Gibraltar, but then they will be exposing there fleet, same if they hit your fleet.  This allows you to bring a lot of gear to bear against Rome on turn 2 or turn 3 if you have to clear out there fleet first.  Can Germany stop you? Of course, if they leave off Russia for a bit.  You can even rely on the US to take back Africa for you with just there one transport.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m