• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

bugoo:

I know what you are saying, Mollari tried this against me, I took India every round for three rounds, we have not gotten to round 4.

2 infantry, 2 armor and maybe a fighter (I say maybe because if it was not built in Caucasus then it probably is not going to India) will result in 1 or 2 armor surviving (and the fighter).  Japan will have at least 2 fighters, 2 infantry, 2 armor in range, more likely 5 fighters, 3 infantry, artillery, 2 armor in range for a Round 2 strike on India.

It’s just not worth it.  Even if you do manage to hold India for England to build on it, we’re talking 5 rounds after it’s been built most likely, and then, only because America started kicking butt in the Pacific.  If that’s the case, why not wait until Round 5 and liberate India then build a complex there?

Front:

Got news for ya, in 1942 the islands revert to British control too.

But you don’t need a complex for America.  The goal isn’t to have complexes running in Borneo and Sumatra like it was in Revised, the goal is to start making routine invasions into Manchuria and Kaingsu followed by mass scale invasions into Japan.

• Obviously if J2 can take it don’t do it.  Not sure where your getting 2 armors from on J2 that far south though.

And if the US is going hardcore pacific and japan would have to sac 2-3 fighters to take india, it may still be worth it to reinforce but not build the IC turn 1, but maybe turn 2 after further UK/US reinforcements arrive if japan doesn’t take it.

You start with 3 inf, 1 art there, J2 usually has 5 inf, 1 art, and 5 figs in range, usually.  In this case I would just hit the units in burma with your UK troops and forget about india, focusing on Australia.  But if there are only say 4 fighters, 2 inf, and 1 art in range, then it gets interesting when russia sends in 2 inf, and 2 arms, even without an IC there if there are 2 figs on Australia and 2 more inf in Persia.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Meant the armor for J3, build them on J2.

J2 Japan should have, at minimum:

3 Fighters in FIC to hit India
    2 Fighters in SZ 37 (after taking out the SZ 35 destroyer/transport) to hit India
    2 Infantry in either Borneo or Sumatra
    1 Infantry in the other (Borneo or Sumatra)

Total: 3 Infantry, 5 Fighters

England will have at most: 4 Infantry, Artillery, but that assumes the infantry in Burma survived, it might not.  Lately I’ve been letting the Yunnan fighter live and taking out the Burmese infantry with the guys in FIC upping my available fighters to 5 or 6 infantry instead of 3.  But most players still hit Yunnan, so we’ll assume it is alive to retreat.

3 Infantry, 5 Fighters vs 4 Infantry, Artillery, AA Gun

Odds (according to frood with at least 1 infantry surviving the attack): Attacker survives: 97.6%  Defender survives: 2.2%

Now, in Japan 2, Japan will know that England has a complex in India because England built it.  Russia should have 2 infantry, 2 armor ready to hit India, according to the plan posted before.  That means Japan should be ready to take out 2 infantry, 2 armor (assuming the defender misses, which he is likely to do 67% of the time.)

To do that, Japan should have moved whatever they had in Japan to FIC during the NCM of Round 2 so that if Russia liberated in Round 3, Japan can obliterate whatever Russia put there.  As for forces, we’re probably talking 3 Infantry, Artillery, 2 Armor in FIC + an Industrial Complex + whatever of the 5 fighters survived in India (I’ll assume 3 or 4 survived) + the battleship and cruiser.  That should be more than enough to take out the Russians.

Russia, and England, will see this and either forgo taking India (yielding the complex to Japan) or have to station more Russians in Persia to hit India on Russia 3.  If Russia stations the extra troops, Japan stations the troops to take India again.  If Russia gives up, then Japan can use the forces in FIC to attack up through China or leave them so that the Japanese can get forces squared away for an attack on Australia.

• Jenn:

Your not understanding, on turn 2, russia turn 2, before japan 2, russia sends in the troops if you decide to go for an india IC.  This is why on russia 1 you place 2 inf in persia, and build armor in cauc, or planes.  By the time a J3 hit is ready you have all those russian units, US fighters (up to 3), transjordan inf, and whatever you built there.  Obviously there are conditions that would prevent this, like a 6 armor buy for germany that goes without saying.

One other neat thing, UK fighters in French West Africa can land on a carrier built in India.

• I like Darth Maximus’ idea of liberating one of the 2 4-IPC Islands, and then build a british IC there.
    Sure, it would take 3 or 4 rounds before the US can safely hold it, but if they can, and UK can start building there, Japan is gonna be in trouble.

In those first 3 or 4 rounds UK should do everything it can to preserve IPC’s and it’s income, just threatening Germany to keep it honest (Russia should be able to withstand Germany for a while, especially if Japan is busy with the Yanks).

Not saying this can work, but it’s a complete different approach, which is worth thinking about.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m