The War Game - Massive Axis and Allies Variant

• Customizer

As far as I can tell it’ll be exactly the same pieces and colours as you get in the full game; nothing new just the 500+ pieces in German moulds.

You’ll have to wait a long time for more nation specific bits…

• @Flashman:

Great news, piece fans!

The entire set of pieces are be available as an extra or stand alone item on the WG site:

Not to throw a wet towel on this one.

But, you might want to find out the tables of equipment on this before you buy the stand alone pieces and think you are getting full usable armies.  Are they full sets of each country as defined by the game (e.g., very small unit counts of Italians, Chinese, & French), or more robust sets of each nation like Germany, Japan, US, & U.k.

I’d like to have a full set of each color, but it doesn’t arrive out of the box that way.

I was a little disappointed by some of the piece counts (e.g., jets).  You only get 1, so it becomes difficult to deploy in multiple theaters of war.

• Bierwagen

• Hey IL & Tekkyy,

This just arrived on my doorstep last Friday, so I spent some time getting all the pieces ready and setting it up – have you all tried any of the AARHE rules on this beast?

Any philosophical thoughts on how it might unbalance the game?  I was hoping to try the air model and combat sequence out on it, I’m just enthralled with what you’ve done with that.

Also interested in any mods you might have for “The War Game”.  For starters, the Diplomacy rules and neutral armies.

Thanks in advance!

Enjoy the day!

• Bierwagen

• That game is alot closer to AARHE.

except its d12…

remember tanks boost 2 infantry on attack +1 and infantry boost 1 tanks defence +1…

I play this version with all axis all allies move sequence, because the turns take a long time.

Also you can use the units from it for AARHE…the subs are actually type 21 u-boats, plus you got me-262 jet fighter, and tiger tanks for heavy tanks.

• I just want to know when this game come with national specific pieces.

2009 ?

2010 ?

later ?

• 2347 AD.

• you want a + karma for that ?

• In 30 minutes?

• This game has a leader-piece, a general, a commander,  I dunno what you call him, but how this work ? He boog down the play, or he enhance the play ? Should I buy this game and cannibalize the leader-piece ?

• dude: have you bothered to read the rules?

you got one leader all units of his color are boosted +1 as long as leader is in battle either attack or defense. If the leader is used on defense he can retreat after any round, but if his forces are destroyed the leader is killed. Thats it.

also leader only boosts land , no air or naval. and no you cant boost different color generals for YOUR forces.

• Danke mein Herr, next thing I read the rules, sure.

• Damn, reading in the forum, i guess it will never be nation specific units because of cost.

Also you got things mixed up with Sweden, as Sweden was a main contributor to Germany, as german units could use the swedish railroad, and also germany got 50 % of its steel from sweden, and german planes flew over sweden anytime. Now if sweden was attacked by the allies I belive sweden would be sworn allied with germany just like finland did, and not remain neutral as the rules say. also got a lot more issues

• Your doing that again?

• @Imperious:

Your doing that again?

I will help Jeff make a better game

• To help him you must first buy the game.

• It was not that kind of help I had in mind

• The only other thing is to pray to god… you cant get the national pieces if people like you don’t even support the game and even buy ONE copy. When he has sold his remaining copies then he can only consider expansions.

• I would have buyed a copy long time ago but have too big issue with the art that are mis-placed in the sea. Pictures of tanks in Atlantic Ocean and pictures of infantry in Pacific Ocean is not to my liking.

I also have an big time issue with Caucasus territory, or Caucasus Express as we call it, since this territory is far too big. Look at the distance from Berlin to Moscow in a real map, and then look at the distance from Persia to Leningrad. How can you explain that travel on the highway Berlin-Moscow takes 6 moves, but climbing over the Caucasus Mountains (Elbrus 5800 mos), crossing Volga and the plains, and then struggling through the deep forests and marshes only takes 2 moves ? Its exactly like the Polar Express in A&A Revised, big wilderness without roads are fast to move through, but urban areas with highways and railroads slow you down.

Now tell Jeff he need to divide Caucasus into atleast two territories, one covering the Don Basin and the other the Trans-Caucasus mountain range with countries like Georgia, Asarbadsjan, Tsjetsjenia, Dagestan etc. Then he must print a map without art, and then I may buy his game.

And IL, my globe is spinnin faster than yours, indicating that you are a slow guy.

• I think Jeff will include a marker pen so you can carve Sweden into 40 territories or ‘fix’ Caucasus, but i suggest you even play the game to find out whats needed.

• IL, I just tried to register to that forum, but my e-mail adress is banned, how do you explain that ? You are the admin on that forum, I bet you got a good explanation.

I guess Jeff dont need my money

I am familiar to get banned from forums, because I am not a political correct guy, but this is first time I get banned from a forum before I even got registered. Just great.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m