Grasshopper's G40 Invitational (OLD THREAD)

• I just paid and registered. . . ADD ME TO THE LIST
    I will bring my G40 boards along with some variant setups, and maybe some other games
    See ya there
    Surprise Attack
    Kris

• Sponsor

@suprise:

I just paid and registered. . . ADD ME TO THE LIST
    I will bring my G40 boards along with some variant setups, and maybe some other games
    See ya there
    Surprise Attack
    Kris

Awesome Kris, you can bring your boards if you like, but all the tournament tables will have a 1 piece printed map on vinyl.

• Going forward, anyone who registers for their weekend pass for FMGCon (www.fmgcon.com/register), could you please add a note to your registration or send us a separate message (here if you wish, including the name you used to register via FMGCon Registration) that you are coming as a participant of the YG Invitational AAAG1940 Tournament so we can mark things down appropriately?

This would be a great help, thank you!

• '18 '17

BirthOfIron (Mark from Detroit) is in!  Paid and registered today!

• Registered as Kris
    I wouldnt want to miss  YG tourney  after traveling all that way
    Kris aka “Surprise Attack” Smith

• Just letting you all know, maybe the ONLY Brit has signed up and paid…  :wink: ( Dedicated to AnA ).

• Oh…

For those who are flying in to Toronto… there are two airports:

YYZ ( Canadians use funny unusual airport codes! ) which is Pearson, which is well established already on this thread - 40 mins away aprox from the down town core, all airlines ( give or take )

YTZ which is Toronto Island which flies directly to the downtown core. Air Canada and Porter Airlines fly in and out from here, but it is limited on destinations.

Just thought I’d point this out for those who are visiting TO for the first time.

BH

• @Bravehart:

Oh…

For those who are flying in to Toronto… there are two airports:

YYZ ( Canadians use funny unusual airport codes! ) which is Pearson, which is well established already on this thread - 40 mins away aprox from the down town core, all airlines ( give or take )

YTZ which is Toronto Island which flies directly to the downtown core. Air Canada and Porter Airlines fly in and out from here, but it is limited on destinations.

Just thought I’d point this out for those who are visiting TO for the first time.

BH

Yes, but YTZ is very limited in both flights and hours, and limited to short trip planes, so it’s usually not a consideration.
    YYZ is the primary airport.

PS: Everyone uses funny airport codes. That’s how airlines communicate worldwide. ;)

• Sponsor

I need everyone’s help on this one, so busy and I’m not that versed in air travel in and out of Toronto…
    Hey YG, it’s me, Gernot from Vienna/Austria (alias B4hET on YouTube)!

As you know, I try to come to your tournament at the FMG Con in September! There are some questions I want to ask you…
    I would take a flight from Vienna which would arrive on Friday, 22nd at 5.30 pm your time and want to go back on Tuesday, 26th at 10pm your time (from YYZ).
    Do you already know when the tournament on Monday at the Cliffside Bunker will start and approximately end?
    Which public transports do you have in Toronto to get to Oshawa nicely and not too expensive and do you know/ recommend any hotels or (better) inns in Oshawa (also maybe the cheapest I could get) from where I can get smoothly by foot or by public transports to the FMG Con? Maybe you have any friends or anyone who can put me up for 4 overnight stays?
    Because I’m a student and therefore I have to keep it reasonable, so I really need the cheapest options available (except for everything depending the Tournament of course)!
    I can bring some pieces, chips, dice and other stuff for A&A too, if you have not enough for setting up all tables.
    There’s only to things preventing me from joining your tournament for sure right away:
    Firstly it depends on the funds I have to bring up for the whole trip including the Flight, Tournament, Public Transports in Toronto/Oshawa, Accommodation and food/drink for all days! The only things where I could save money are the accommodation and maybe for tickets for public transports.
    Secondly everything depends on the amount of people joining the tournament! Assuming that there are, let’s say less than 10 people joining the tournament - what will you do then? Will it be anyways then, with less tables? Because if I book the flight and hotel and I buy the ticket for the FMG Con (as well as taking one day of vacation because I’m working on Saturdays), I have to definitely know that it will be held on this weekend…

I’m sorry for all my annoying questions and a very long email and I hope you will have some suggestions for me, because I really would love to have the chance to join this amazing tournament!
    By the way, sorry for my bad English! :P

Best wishes and looking forward to hear from you!
    Gernot “B4hET” Müller
    Vienna/Austria

PS. May I ask how I can call you by first name, I it doesn’t cause problems for you? :)

• Travel and Accommodations info here : http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=39360.0
    (includes travel by transit and/or car from YYZ)

We have 12 confirmed registered for the convention that are on the Tourney list, so it is a go for sure.

Travel from YYZ/Toronto to Oshawa : Go transit to Whitby station, then Durham Region Transit (Bus) from Whitby GO Station.
    Travel from the venue to nearest hotels : There is a bus that travels up and down Stevenson Road (stop available at Stevenson Road and Rossland Road which is a 5-10 minute walk south of the venue) if I’m not mistaken that would get within a couple minutes walking distance to the 3 hotels I’ve listed.

• Sponsor

I just offered him free accommodation at my place… problem solved.

Thanks for the info James.

• I’m in and registered. (Scott from Detroit) Mark(birthofiron) and I want to be teammates. Looking forward to this!;

• Sponsor

@Ypsihick:

I’m in and registered. (Scott from Detroit) Mark(birthofiron) and I want to be teammates. Looking forward to this!;

Awesome, thanks guys for the commitment… looking forward to meeting you.

• @Young:

Hey all,

I just registered as ‘Gernot’ for the FMG Con '17, I’m from Vienna/Austria (on YT my nickname is “B4hET”) and want to get put on the list, please.
    Also I wanted to say again how thankful I am for Grasshopper giving me Accommodation for these days. This is so generous, I can’t tell you enough. Thank you!
    I’ll get you some stuff from Austria (whatever you may be interested in, if it’s food I can take with me or anything else) at least, if not even paying for these days - I don’t want to bother anyone.

Thanks also for everybody giving me information on this thread depending travelling and so on. I’ve already found a flight, which I might take - just have to secure vacation in my workplace.
    I’m very happy getting the chance joining this tournament!

Gernot from Vienna/Austria

• Sponsor

@B4hET:

@Young:

Hey all,

I just registered as ‘Gernot’ for the FMG Con '17, I’m from Vienna/Austria (on YT my nickname is “B4hET”) and want to get put on the list, please.
    Also I wanted to say again how thankful I am for Grasshopper giving me Accommodation for these days. This is so generous, I can’t tell you enough. Thank you!
    I’ll get you some stuff from Austria (whatever you may be interested in, if it’s food I can take with me or anything else) at least, if not even paying for these days - I don’t want to bother anyone.

Thanks also for everybody giving me information on this thread depending travelling and so on. I’ve already found a flight, which I might take - just have to secure vacation in my workplace.
    I’m very happy getting the chance joining this tournament!

Gernot from Vienna/Austria

Gernot,

Sorry for the late reply, I am very happy that you can come, I will do everything I can to make your trip comfortable and memorable… please bring me baseball cap from Vienna.

Thanks

YG.

• 16 people (noted on the original post) have registered their spot at www.fmgcon.com/register!

That means there are only 8 slots left! When they’re gone, they’re gone as there is no more space available after that for the tourney!

• Sponsor

THE TOURNAMENT ROSTER IS FULL, REGISTRATION HAS ENDED!!!

• Lets see the tourney roster

• Sponsor

@suprise:

Lets see the tourney roster

**TOURNAMENT PARTICIPANTS & TEAMS

TEAM NAME - ________________ GENERAL HAND GRENADE (Prince George BC Canada) SIEREDBLOOD (California USA)
    WIDOWMAKER (California USA)

TEAM NAME - ________________ TEFLON (Hawaii USA)
    B4hET (Vienna, Austria)
    BRAVEHART (Toronto ON Canada)

TEAM NAME - ________________ CONTANGO (Waterloo ON Canada) STAINLESS (Waterloo ON Canada) IRON STITCH (Scarborough ON Canada)
    TEAM NAME - ________________ BIRTHOFIRON (Detroit USA)
    YPSIHICK (Detroit USA) YOUNG GRASSHOPPER (Toronto ON Canada)

TEAM NAME - ________________ DESERT ADMIRAL (Las Vegas USA) GENGHIS KHAN (Ottawa ON Canada) SUPRISE ATTACK (Syracuse USA)
    TEAM NAME - ________________ JAMES (Uxbridge ON Canada)
    JASON (Oshawa ON Canada)
    KENNY (Scarborough ON Canada)
    TEAM NAME - ________________
    GERRY (Toronto ON Canada) THE PINK PANZER (Toronto ON Canada) JIGGY JIGGY (Toronto ON Canada)
    TEAM NAME - ________________ TANSTAAFL (Ajax ON Canada) FENNIC (North York ON Canada)
    MATT (Edmonton AB Canada)

• Interesting teams…we shall see haha…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m