I Will Never Grow Up becomes the exclusive distributor of FMG Product

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

This all sounds like good news.

One question which I have not seen asked:

Is IWNGU going to be selling FMG combat pieces, specifically Italy? Or are there plans to develop other pieces/sets under the FMG brand?

I really liked some of the Italy pieces and thought the German set that was in planning looked promising. I am aware of the general backstory on how that all went south, but maybe a fresh start here?

Since HBG is apparently not selling the FMG Italy pieces anymore, will they be reprinted and sold at IWNGU?

• Sponsor

@LHoffman:

This all sounds like good news.

One question which I have not seen asked:

Is IWNGU going to be selling FMG combat pieces, specifically Italy? Or are there plans to develop other pieces/sets under the FMG brand?

I really liked some of the Italy pieces and thought the German set that was in planning looked promising. I am aware of the general backstory on how that all went south, but maybe a fresh start here?

Since HBG is apparently not selling the FMG Italy pieces anymore, will they be reprinted and sold at IWNGU?

James has already stated that he has nothing to do with product development or even sales for that matter… he only receives sales orders and ships them to customers. Any questions about product development or what products will be made available to customers in the future should still go through FMG.

• '17 '16

@Young:

James has already stated that he has nothing to do with product development or even sales for that matter… he only receives sales orders and ships them to customers. Any questions about product development or what products will be made available to customers in the future should still go through FMG.

In other words, ask the ever-so-chatty and customer-friendly service support over at FMG for your answer…

@Wolfshanze:

@Young:

In other words, ask the ever-so-chatty and customer-friendly service support over at FMG for your answer…

I didn’t consider that, but it does speak to my point. I don’t think we would get answers from FMG directly.

However, it seems like James does have a lot to do with sales… since he is in fact selling FMG products on his website. The original post stated that Jeremy is focusing only on design and development… not sales.

Shame on me for not going to IWNGU in the first place, because I answered my own question. They are selling FMG Italy sets.

But my other questions still stand, if they can be answered. Maybe not by James directly, but I would think he has at least a bit more of an inclination of what Jeremy’s intentions are than we do.

Will the Italy combat pieces continue to be produced or are they out of print and what’s left is all we are going to see?

• Sponsor

@LHoffman:

@Wolfshanze:

@Young:

I didn’t consider that, but it does speak to my point. I don’t think we would get answers from FMG directly.

However, it seems like James does have a lot to do with sales… since he is in fact selling FMG products on his website. The original post stated that Jeremy is focusing only on design and development… not sales.

Shame on me for not going to IWNGU in the first place, because I answered my own question. They are selling FMG Italy sets.

But my other questions still stand, if they can be answered. Maybe not by James directly, but I would think he has at least a bit more of an inclination of what Jeremy’s intentions are than we do.

Will the Italy combat pieces continue to be produced or are they out of print and what’s left is all we are going to see?

All good points… it seems to be a partnership, but I don’t think James has any control over the inventory he is given to advertise and sell on his site. Of course… James is better equipped to answer, so I’ll step aside now.

I hope it works out, whatever it may be. It sounds like many steps in the right direction for FMG.

• @Wolfshanze:

I know the following:

1. HBG is now the official “Gold Sponsor” of A&A.org and they have new banners on the site

2. FMG products are now being sold/shipped by IWNGU

3. FMG banner adds have shrunk (as a result of #1 above I assume), but are still on the site

Question, given the admitted customer service and shipping issues with FMG (and damaged name-brand), and the new takeover of IWNGU as the new shipper and customer service for FMG with the established great reputation they have (unsullied), why are there still banner adds for FMG on A&A.org and/or shouldn’t there be some banner adds for IWNGU instead?  Is FMG still running a website for sales and service, or has IWNGU taken over everything, and if so, shouldn’t they have their banners instead of FMG on this site?

Just curious.

Banner ads cost money that we just don’t have at this time.
    There are still banner ads for FMG because FMG is still paying for them (this is my assumption of course as we have nothing to do with FMG’s business).

IWNGU hasn’t really “taken over everything” as some seem to think. We are the exclusive distributor of FMG products, but FMG still maintains a business (product development, manufacturing and wholesale to IWNGU), though their website now links entirely to our web store.

• @Young:

@LHoffman:

@Wolfshanze:

@Young:

All good points… it seems to be a partnership, but I don’t think James has any control over the inventory he is given to advertise and sell on his site. Of course… James is better equipped to answer, so I’ll step aside now.

It is my understanding that the stock of Italy pieces we have on hand are the last of them. I don’t think it’s likely they will be remade as I’m pretty sure the molds are long gone (along with the German combat pieces debacle), but I can certainly ask.

YG - Not so much a partnership as a business relationship. We do sales and distribution. FMG does product development and wholesale. There’s really no overlap at all. Essentially we (IWNGU) are a store front who orders from a supplier (FMG) and sells those products to the consumer.

The whole bit about getting FMG’s list of unfulfilled sales out the door was a good-will gesture on our part to the community. We could have simply taken the role of exclusive seller of FMG product and let all of those who had unfulfilled orders deal with them through FMG, but I felt this was the best route to take from a business-consumer relations standpoint.

As for control over the stock … we order whatever products and quantities we desire from FMG at our wholesale price and do with the product as we please. Pretty simple. lol.

@IWillNeverGrowUp:

It is my understanding that the stock of Italy pieces we have on hand are the last of them. I don’t think it’s likely they will be remade as I’m pretty sure the molds are long gone (along with the German combat pieces debacle), but I can certainly ask.

YG - Not so much a partnership as a business relationship. We do sales and distribution. FMG does product development and wholesale. There’s really no overlap at all. Essentially we (IWNGU) are a store front who orders from a supplier (FMG) and sells those products to the consumer.

The whole bit about getting FMG’s list of unfulfilled sales out the door was a good-will gesture on our part to the community. We could have simply taken the role of exclusive seller of FMG product and let all of those who had unfulfilled orders deal with them through FMG, but I felt this was the best route to take from a business-consumer relations standpoint.

As for control over the stock … we order whatever products and quantities we desire from FMG at our wholesale price and do with the product as we please. Pretty simple. lol.

Thanks for the detailed response. Sad to hear about the Italy pieces, but maybe I will just have to buy a few more sets then.

• Sponsor

@LHoffman:

@IWillNeverGrowUp:

Thanks for the detailed response. Sad to hear about the Italy pieces, but maybe I will just have to buy a few more sets then.

I have lots of FMG Italian units… maybe I can help you out, what are you looking for exactly?

@Young:

I have lots of FMG Italian units… maybe I can help you out, what are you looking for exactly?

I’ll PM you YG.

• @LHoffman:

@IWillNeverGrowUp:

No problem.

Having just picked up our new stock (including a first small batch of ww1 dice!) i confirmed that what we have in stock of italian units is not all of it. There are several cases left so hundreds more sets.

However, the bad news is the molds are gone in the old fmg minis debacle when the manufacturer screwed them over so no remolds will be possible at this point.

@IWillNeverGrowUp:

No problem.

Having just picked up our new stock (including a first small batch of ww1 dice!) i confirmed that what we have in stock of italian units is not all of it. There are several cases left so hundreds more sets.

However, the bad news is the molds are gone in the old fmg minis debacle when the manufacturer screwed them over so no remolds will be possible at this point.

Hmm… Knowing that, I have a follow up question:

Would you consider breaking the sets out into individual pieces or groups of individual pieces for purchase (similar to what HBG has done)?

As some feedback from a potential customer, I am not interested in all of the sculpts and spending $16 - $18 for a whole set just to get a couple different pieces really isn’t an option I would seriously consider. As the seller, I don’t know if you have the authority to configure the products that way or if FMG would have to approve that.

• @LHoffman:

@IWillNeverGrowUp:

No problem.

Hmm… Knowing that, I have a follow up question:

Would you consider breaking the sets out into individual pieces or groups of individual pieces for purchase (similar to what HBG has done)?

As some feedback from a potential customer, I am not interested in all of the sculpts and spending $16 - $18 for a whole set just to get a couple different pieces really isn’t an option I would seriously consider. As the seller, I don’t know if you have the authority to configure the products that way or if FMG would have to approve that.

We’ve been asked this a couple of times. We have the authority to do whatever we want with the stock that we have. The issue arises when we do this and end up with a ton of individual pieces that (for whatever reasons) don’t sell yet we’ve paid for them as full sets. It’s a potential inventory nightmare for a small hobby company with limited funds.

It’s possible that we may be able to if we can figure out a way to do it well and not take a big hit on it. That’s going to take some time though. Really it’s mostly just the potential dead inventory issue. If we could perhaps get an idea of what people want most and/or what they do not want at all in those sets, it may make it easier. Perhaps I’ll have to make a poll on it in the near future!

On a side note : WW1 DICE ARE NOW IN STOCK AND AVAILABLE, 2 DAYS EARLIER THAN ANTICIPATED!

@IWillNeverGrowUp:

We’ve been asked this a couple of times. We have the authority to do whatever we want with the stock that we have. The issue arises when we do this and end up with a ton of individual pieces that (for whatever reasons) don’t sell yet we’ve paid for them as full sets. It’s a potential inventory nightmare for a small hobby company with limited funds.

It’s possible that we may be able to if we can figure out a way to do it well and not take a big hit on it. That’s going to take some time though. Really it’s mostly just the potential dead inventory issue. If we could perhaps get an idea of what people want most and/or what they do not want at all in those sets, it may make it easier. Perhaps I’ll have to make a poll on it in the near future!

I certainly understand and figured that may be the case. Thanks for the info. If you make a poll, I will definitely vote.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m