• '11

Hey all,
    I found this article on Yahoo news this morning and thought you would be interested in checking it out.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080226/ap_on_re_eu/germany_nazi_gold

The treasure hunter for the project found a notebook from his deceased father’s belonings, giving coordinates to the location. His father was a Luftwaffe radio operator during the war and supposedly helped move gold and other valuables to the location.

Enjoy.

• Thats a promo for the new Raiders of the lost ark movie. Studios drop news items like that to hype their movies.

• '11

No way, it can’t be. There was a news clip from a CNN reporter who interviewed the lead investigator. I’ve seen the news correspondent on other CNN articles at CNN’s website. If it is just a hoax, then it seems pretty elaborate.

• '11

Here is the article from CNN.com with the whole story:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/science/02/26/nazi.gold/index.html?iref=newssearch

CNN wouldn’t report news for a movie, as they are not an entertainment site. Also, the new Indy movie has Russians in it, there are no Nazi’s.

• @Antholin:

CNN wouldn’t report news for a movie, as they are not an entertainment site.

Well…  :-D

Seriously though, I know what you’re saying. It’s not like the story came from Entertainment Tonight.

Although CNN certainly is more “entertainy” than they used to be. ~ZP

• '11

Thanks. They have had some off the topic news articles and not your typical day to day news. Oh well, still fun.

• I can verify that this news is no fake. I’ve read about it in the last days on my newspaper.

• No thats not what im saying. I say it was already a story in fact a real one, only nobody was reporting on it. The movie promo department most likely used their influence to promote the story in the mainstream media, to build hype for it and place a seed in the mind for people who will then think:

“ahh yes Indiana Jones lost gold thing… you know i heard that the Nazis really do have gold stashed away in the Hertz mountains… wow this has piqued my interest…  now i really want to see the Indiana Jones movie.”

Its like the first movie that came out about 9/11… everybody wanted to see it to see how it related to what actually happened.

This is what i am saying.

• '11

My misunderstanding then I.L. The way your first post was written made it seem like the treasure find was a promotion of the new Indy flick, put on by the studios and not a legitimate find.

• Blah, Blah. Come on, they find the nazi-treasure every other season. You get used to that kind of message here in Austria. I think, there is not a single alpine lake left here where you can NOT dive for the gold. In fact, I do not believe the famous treasure even exists. You know, they did spend all the stolen wealth as well as the “regular” tax money to finance a big war …

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m