How is this battle scenario resolved?

• Player 1 has an infantry unit on an island. Player 2 does Combat Movement first and indicates they will do an amphibious invasion with a tank and an infantry on that turn. Player 2 also brings 2 fighters from another territory.

Player 2 sees this and counters by flying in two fighters of their own from a nearby territory.

As I understand the rules, P1 only has their infantry to defend with against P2’s 2 fighters, tank and infantry as P1s fighters are counterattacking after the invasion is resolved. In other words you can’t rush reinforcements in to help out on the original battle. Correct?

Assuming that is correct, let’s assume that P2 wiped out P1s infantry and took the island. Then P1s extra two fighters arrive. Now the rules say that P2s fighters can’t land on newly occupied territory. It also says that those fighters don’t go back home yet until non combat movement. So when P1s extra 2 fighters attack do P2s 2 fighters help defend before they go back?

It’s an interesting game, I just need a few things clarified. Thanks!

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

The defender has no movement options during the attacker’s Turn. What makes you think Player 1 can move fighters during Players’s 2 Turn?

• @andrewaagamer Doesn’t all countries do each segment of each round? So all purchase? Then all declare combat? etc? Am I doing it completely wrong?

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Yep, you are doing it completely wrong. :slightly_smiling_face:

Each Power conducts their phases independently, one at a time. First the Soviet Union does all six phases and then Germany does all six phases and so on. Thus, if Germany is going every other player is doing nothing except rolling dice and picking casualties if they are being attacked.

From the 1941 Rulebook Page 10:
    Your power’s turn consists of six phases, which take place in a fixed sequence. You must collect income if you can, but all other parts of the turn sequence are voluntary. When you finish your Collect Income phase, your turn is over. Play then passes to the next power in the turn order.

• @andrewaagamer Lol. Maybe I should go back to checkers. :)

Thanks for the help!

• @crudbasher heh heh your way sounded kinda fun lol. Actually my answer was gonna be through superior firepower but andrewaagamer’s is better and also correct :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m