• The rules were updated a while ago from 1.0 to 1.1. The link on the download page still points to v.1.0. Has anyone noticed this?

I can see that some people here have posted questions on the FAQ. How did you go about this?
    http://www.globalwargame.com/www/dwqa-questions/

Right now it just says:
    You do not have permission to submit a question

I have my first game coming up. I will post images of my custom table soon  8-)

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Munck:

The rules were updated a while ago from 1.0 to 1.1. The link on the download page still points to v.1.0. Has anyone noticed this?

I can see that some people here have posted questions on the FAQ. How did you go about this?
    http://www.globalwargame.com/www/dwqa-questions/

Right now it just says:
    You do not have permission to submit a question

I have my first game coming up. I will post images of my custom table soon  8-)

Hi Munck, how are you?

I can answer your questions. The rules haven’t changed from the original 63 pages from 1.0, but in the next moths 1939 rules will eventually be there to download.

You do need to print out all the Setup and the different countries reference sheets, because those have changed.

On the Global War website, you speak of, you have to sign up to ask questions. The login is a little different, because you have scroll to the bottom of the homepage.

You have to create a profile, username and password.

Once you create your profile, you will be able to ask questions.

I hope this helps. Good to hear from you. I hope things are going well for you. :-)

John

• Hi John,

I’m doing good. Looking forward to the first round of Global.

I originally wanted to create a magnetic board, but after getting the huge (awesome) map I changed my mind.

We will be playing with most of the expansions as well. Some are a quite clever addition IMO. What are your experiences regarding expansions??

From reading this, I came to the conclusion that v.1.1 was out:
    http://www.globalwargame.com/www/question/updated-rules/
    (as v.1.1 is also mentioned on the download page).

The 23 points above are not in the rules from the download page (= v.1.0)

I can’t find where to create a profile. Can you drop me a link? :|

Regards,

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Munck:

Hi John,

I’m doing good. Looking forward to the first round of Global.

I originally wanted to create a magnetic board, but after getting the huge (awesome) map I changed my mind.

We will be playing with most of the expansions as well. Some are a quite clever addition IMO. What are your experiences regarding expansions??

From reading this, I came to the conclusion that v.1.1 was out:
    http://www.globalwargame.com/www/question/updated-rules/
    (as v.1.1 is also mentioned on the download page).

The 23 points above are not in the rules from the download page (= v.1.0)

I can’t find where to create a profile. Can you drop me a link? :|

Regards,

I know it says v.1.1, but I haven’t found any difference. Maybe someone else will respond to your questions, as well.

As far as providing a link, unfortunately, I do not know how to do that, but someone will eventually provide a link, to help you. I barely have any computer experience. It wasn’t as important to learn, when I was in school, as it is these days.

Everything thing I’ve learned from the computer, has been through friends.

I wish I had more knowledge. I just don’t. Sorry.

• Please update the rules. I spent 2 hours on the website reading all the changes to this game and then recording them so we could play the next game. Please fix this! That means everyone would need to read the updates on the rules from the other website they may or may not find for 2 hours to be able to play the game correctly. Instead of releasing new expansions why can’t you fix what you said you would so everyone can play. I don’t think you guys are doing a money grab but it gets old when your AA games don’t have the 25 updates plus who knows what else. Please don’t release 1939 until you got 1936 updated. I’ll keep buying your stuff but it sure gets annoying not knowing what needs to be updated from the website to the new rules.

• billcallaway, I agree that on the surface they seem to be focusing too much energy on expansions and selling new sculpts then for getting the base game right. I think the original plan was to have these expansion sets and units come out a few months after the release of GW1936/1939 (as they have). The problem I believe is that the 1939 set-up got back up, and the rules needed an immediate update which threw the whole time table off.

I know how frustrating it is referring back-n-forth between the 63 page rule book, all the reference sheets, and the web site in an attempt to play the game as intended. I think they very well should have put out an official FAQ to high light the bulk of the changes while they were working on the rules update. Kinda like a transition reference sheet.

I however think that they are working diligently on a rules re-wright. As you know by going through the web site there is a lot of work to be done here. I guess I’m willing to be more patent so they get it right (surely don’t want multiple rules updates over the next couple years).

MY EXPECTATIONS are that the rules re-right will correspond with the very over due 1939 set-up release. It is also my understanding that the updated rules will work for both the 1936 and 1939 start dates.

I also hope that they put out a supplemental package of units and colored chips that don’t come with AAG40 so you can set-up GW1936/1939. Many people don’t have the units just laying around to even set it up.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m