Definitive List of Sculpts for the game?

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

What are the actual names of each unit in the game and from what country is that unit from?

I know what they are as far as infantry, artillery, tanks, etc.

I want to know the actual name of the unit and what country they were made.

Like what does each allied battleship represent, and what country is it from, for each unit? :-)

Thanks.

John

• @John:

What are the actual names of each unit in the game and from what country is that unit from?

I know what they are as far as infantry, artillery, tanks, etc.

I want to know the actual name of the unit and what country they were made.

Like what does each allied battleship represent, and what country is it from, for each unit? :-)

Thanks.

John

Technically, only the infantry pieces are nation-specific in design.  The equipment pieces are generic, at least on a conceptual level.  They’re not identified in the rulebook as being particlar models or classes, and their apparance on the whole is rather generic and lacking in detail.

That being said, the tank is clearly modeled on the British WWI rhomboid-shaped tanks like the Mark IV.  It’s impossible for a WWI tank to be generic in appearance because, in those early experimental days, tank designs were all prety much unique.

The battleship has a vague resemblance to American battleships of the time, in the sense that it has two structures which look slightly like the cage masts which American dreadnoughts of the time had.  But even so, the sculpt design is too lacking in detail to be identifiable with any specific class.

In my unit identification charts…

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=31982.15

I treated the 1914 pieces in the same way as the sculpts from the Milton Bradley game: as generic designs.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Thanks CWO Marc for your help. I appreciate it very much. :-)

John

• I suppose it works out that way, as most of the machines used by, say, the Turks, were supplied by Germany.  There were a lot of arms and training given to the American troops by France, as well.  Though, Pershing wanted complete autonomy.  A lot of sharing going on with the Great War.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m