• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Your maps still contains a number of other errors (mostly carried over from the original A3 module which TMTM has since updated).

SLAP IN THE FACE!!!

• Whoopsydaisie that’s what I get for plagiarizing.  Here it is with those errors fixed.  Sorry sorry sorry.

AaA1940global_alpha3_Jan11setup_fixed.AAM

• Sponsor

It’s OK ol boy, that’s what happens when you carry a plastic gun, it comes with a plastic brain…. Lol cheers.

• TripleA

should still play with an armor in UK. Like for real, UK didn’t have a tank in 1939? I call bullshit

• I actually got a pistol for Christmas that shoots yellow plastic BBs.

“Come and face the strange Ch-Changes”

• TripleA

what is your take gargantua? you are one of the more experienced players on the forum.

The resulting layout of the typical or “optimal” G1 strategy, post these changes, is what is going to determine if they are relevant or not.

Personally I’m glad to see something being done,  but is this it?  More testing is required.

I like the concept that the british might be able to strike at the Germany Navy, or atleast deal with sub interdiction early.

We’ll just have to wait and see.

• It also looks like the Russian NO will be 3 IPCs for every territory that was originally German, Italian or pro-axis neutral.

BTW (sigh) I found two more mistakes on that map: missing 2 infantry on Portugal and 1 fighter on Hawaii.  Oh well I tried.

AaA1940global_alpha3_Jan11setup_fixed2.AAM

• Sponsor

Good players will always try to optimize the best axis options to win no matter what odds are against them. However, once they do…… everyone cries foul, and takes away the strategies they worked so hard to create, than its back to the drawing boards with even more odds against them. The popular opinion from OOB up to Alpha+3 (before the Alpha 3.5 setup changes) has always been that the allies were to strong for the axis to win, yet here we are thinking about how we can cut the legs out from under Germany. I’m open to changes, and I would welcome smart, creative setup alternatives, but taking sealion off the table is a slippery slope. If Kevin and Larry find a way where I can attempt sealion without being called stupid or suicidal, than I will congratulate them immensely, but if Germany’s only option becomes massive builds in land units to blitz a very unsurprised Russia, than I will be incredibly disappointed, and our group will have no choice but to invent and play our own house rules.

• YG, I liked your old avatar more  :-(

With this new proposed setup I actually see more options for the Germans (as you aren’t forced to buy navy G1) but I’m not sure this is enough to stop a G3 sealion with a 90%+ success rate.

• Sponsor

@Noll:

YG, I liked your old avatar more  :-(

With this new proposed setup I actually see more options for the Germans (as you aren’t forced to buy navy G1) but I’m not sure this is enough to stop a G3 sealion with a 90%+ success rate.

I guess CHANGE is not alway welcome by all (nice pun considering the topic). It’s more of an avatar to commemorate my upcoming match with Gargantua, during the Field Marshal Games Convention this spring in Canada (I wanted a dude smoking a cigarette to face off with him).

Are there any official changes I need to mention to my group, before our game this Saturday?

I suppose when we play Young Grasshopper, it will be with the latest setup no?

Should I change my Avatar to this?

Just to keep with the theme? :D

• @Gargantua:

Do it!

• Sponsor

@Gargantua:

I suppose when we play Young Grasshopper, it will be with the latest setup no?

Definitely, the latest official modifications on HGD.com, at the time of the game.

• Sponsor

@Gargantua:

That’s an old Brazilian field grasshopper, with no Kung fu skills what so ever (obviously), no comparison to yours truly.

• TripleA

I don’t see why testing takes so long. you just play germany italy uk russia and maybe usa for the first three rounds.

you can get 100 trials in one day with optimum strategy based on %s and simple math.

with the current changes UK needs a tank and an infantry, it should still typically lose but at greater losses enabling russia to trade germany territories, which is fair since germany won the seas and italy got africa, europe should be contested - axis should not be able to win in all 3.

Since we are keeping pacific as it is this is easy. Also % of games are won mostly by axis on this forum and in live games in alpha +3.

I am even inclined to say subtract an infatry from one of the italy territories.

• Totally agree Cow. Most games are won by axis because of how fast they can expand, as well as how many air units they have that can do SO many differen’t moves. The allies air power must all be used for defense for a long time. Eventually I think the allies would win almost every game, if it were about total world conquest, but this game is based on the VC win. This means allies don’t stand much of a chance, in my oppinion. Honestly it reminds me of an 8 VC game in Revised.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m