• I’m currently in the middle of an AAP40 game and I’m in a situation where I need rules clarification.
    Damaged BB and CV…do they suffer movement and attack/defence reduction due to the fact that they’re damaged?  If so what are they?
    Thanks in advance.

• Official Q&A

No, they don’t.  Carriers are unable to launch or recover aircraft, and battleships suffer no penalties.

• Much appreciated

• Oh I have another one.  This I’m almost positive is allowed but my opponent seems to not agree for some reason.  Say I attack a Japanese aircraft carrier with airplanes both carrier bourne and from a land territory.  If I have only one carrier and the land planes can’t reach a land base I’m allowed to make a “risky” attack with more planes than I have carriers assuming I will lose a plane or two, correct? (thereby ensuring I won’t have too many planes for carriers) And If there are too many planes then the extras are lost.

• @mike:

Oh I have another one.  This I’m almost positive is allowed but my opponent seems to not agree for some reason.  Say I attack a Japanese aircraft carrier with airplanes both carrier bourne and from a land territory.  If I have only one carrier and the land planes can’t reach a land base I’m allowed to make a “risky” attack with more planes than I have carriers assuming I will lose a plane or two, correct? (thereby ensuring I won’t have too many planes for carriers) And If there are too many planes then the extras are lost.

No, you can’t do that. You must assume your opponent will get zero hits and you’d need a landing for all planes

• Wonderful! Yet ANOTHER handicap for the Allies….so frustrating

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@mike:

Wonderful! Yet ANOTHER handicap for the Allies….so frustrating

As far as I know, this has ALWAYS been the rule. At least as long as I remember, going back to Revised. You can “swap” planes though and land the planes from land on the carrier and vice-versa, if that helps.

• @mike:

Wonderful! Yet ANOTHER handicap for the Allies….so frustrating

The rule applies equally to Japan and Allies.

• Yep, only Japan gets kamikazes, but their not represented w/units on the board.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m