So, who likes shoveling snow more than me?

• 2007 AAR League

probably everyone.  ah yes the heartland of america, covered by white shit directly from gods own bowels.  thanks for relieving yourself on my state.  damn white shit keeps blowing back onto the driveway, which i must shovel again.  i swear, anymore fuking snowblowers i hear in the morning, i am assaulting their owners with my shovel, and i’m taking their fuking snowblower, and theres not a thing in freezing hell they can do about it.

i’m looking forward to tommorow, its actaully going to be above zero.  freaking awesome.

• i always thought you lived in the south. (cause primaly rebpulican)  i wish i could shovel snow i miss it it doesn’t snow in georgia. it felt strange around christmas without snow or atleast being cold.

• 2007 AAR League

good god no.  i have this thing about southerners, well some of them.  maybe b/c i’m close to the state of missiouri, where you can go to missourah without crossing borders.  who knew huh.  proper english is only for nebraskans, some kansas, and some iowans.  thats about it.  and New England english is not proper english.

• 2007 AAR League

Yeah I wish it would snow here in NY I love the snow and I wouldn’t mind shoveling snow. Good workout!

• 2007 AAR League

it is a great workout.  but sweating profusely in sub-zero weather is just weird.  an anomaly.

• @balungaloaf:

good god no.  i have this thing about southerners, well some of them.  maybe b/c i’m close to the state of missiouri, where you can go to missourah without crossing borders.  who knew huh.  proper english is only for nebraskans, some kansas, and some iowans.  thats about it.  and New England english is not proper english.

I find no fault in Oregon english.

• My last winter in Pennsylvania, I shoveled 14 FEET of snow over the course of the winter.

And it was not just some sidewalks, it was the driveway too.  And of course that 14 feet does NOT include all of the ice chunks that had to be repeatedly dug up at the end of hte driveway after each time a PENNDOT truck came by and plowed the end of my driveway shut again.

That was 10 years ago.

In NC, I have SWEPT some snow off a front porch or steps 2 or 3 times. :-)

• 2007 AAR League

I can’t believe I’m reading about americans complaining about shoveling snow <shakes head=“”>.  I actually enjoy shoveling snow.  I enjoy my neighbors, and it’s the one time during the cold months where we are outside long enough to talk to each other.  It’s also really peaceful being outside right after it’s snowed.

@ncscswitch:

In NC, I have SWEPT some snow off a front porch or steps 2 or 3 times. :-)

We had a crazy snow fall last year where we got 1 foot of snow, but it was so light and fluffy I just swept off my entire driveway with a big broom.  Crazy!</shakes>

• bung, i live farther north than any of you.  wouldn’t have it any other way.  snowblowers and shovels are a way of life :mrgreen:

• I didn’t get the snow shovel out at all last year and have yet to have it out midway thru January. And in my best sarcastic/ironic/concerned voice “Guess those scientists are just full of it on that Global Warming stuff.”

• I cant shovel snow where I used to live (Southern California) or where I live now (Southern Florida.)  In each case though, I can shovel a crap load of sand.  Yay!

• This winter, in Vegas, I saw snow on my tv…

• 2007 AAR League

dont get me wrong here

snowblowers and shovels are a way of life

i think this too.  i also like the serenity of an all white landscape and no sound after a big snowfall.

i like shoveling, except for when the wind can undo what i did in a day.  its snowdrifts onto the driveway which make me feel like eating my face.

switch, yeah ten years ago i remember there always being snow from late october until march.  lately, the shift in climate has been noticeable since about 2000 in nebraska.  i wish it would get back in sync.  then i would again more used to shoveling every other day.

maybe i could just hire 200 people to piss on my driveway.  10 cents each.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Snow helps to prevent and limit the effects of SAD (Seasonal Affect Disorder) because it reflects the sun’s lights back up to our eyes during the cold, bland (landscape wise) days.

So let’s not diss the snow, okay?

• @Jennifer:

Snow helps to prevent and limit the effects of SAD (Seasonal Affect Disorder)

how many people have this? and how life threating is it.  :roll:

• my wife does and it can be life threatening (to me :-o)

• 2007 AAR League

i’m not dissing snow.  i like snow.  i dont like shoveling the same snowfall three times in a day.  just b/c of wind.  that sucks big big balls.

i am enlightened about the SAD thing however…  God is so great, he made everything multi useful and perfect.  sweet.

• Well… as for a crazy winter…

It was in the 70’s here over the weekend through yesterday.

Today, the San Antonio Texas location of my company shut down due to ICE.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Lotsa people have it, so much so that specials have been done on it and multiple charity organizations have been created to scam people, ere, get people to give them their money to “fund research” to fix the problem. (Of course a treatment already exists which includes sitting in a room with a sun-lamp for 2 hours every 24 hours, but shhhh, we wouldn’t want people to know that!)

• '19 Moderator

Man I really feel bad for you guys.  I went to a hockey game with CC on Monday. (The Yotes won in a sudden death shoot out) I was wearing shorts, I did have to put a jacket on after it got dark, the wind was blowing a bit.  I think there was a little frost out the next morning…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m