• @Funcioneta:

Of course, Global Warming can have natural causes. But the man also has impact on it. How much is the question, sure, but the man has impact. It’s better trying do something about it because the man can make the global warming worst than if only natural issues were affecting.

I never said the man is the only responsable. I only said that can make the problem greater than would be only by natural causes.

I didn’t mencioned Mr. Gore’s speechs. Seems he is a bit hipocrit because he talks about climatic change and so, but he was USA’s VP for 8 years and didn’t much about the issue, and seems he has some industries that contamine too much. Anyway if the messenger is a bad guy, not means the message is also wrong. The reverse of “don’t kill the messenger only because he carried bad notices”  :-)

• sorry miss worded my above statment. the child tax is being proposed in Austrelia, not passed yet.

• @Pervavita:

sorry miss worded my above statment. the child tax is being proposed in Austrelia, not passed yet.

Anyway, what charges? I’m intrigued… Say, it charges every children after the first or such or what?

• @Cmdr:

Water Vapor

Now I understand what Bal meant, that argument is new to me. I’ll search Google to find more info about it  :-)

• each child after the 2nd has to pay $5,000 to buy land and trees to plant on that land, then they have to pay tax’s on that land (although it’s government owned) till the day they die.
    the $5k is bassed of the price of land from the 1990’s and as such would probably be higher in cost.
    this is to offset there housing they will need and the food they will consume durring there life.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Water Vapor is a much stronger greenhouse gas (actually the STRONGEST) than CO2.

BTW, I am not for pollution.  I have no problem with encouraging companies and individuals to reduce their pollution levels.  I dream of a day where I don’t need a battery of immunizations if I want to drink from a river in the United States or elsewhere in the world.  I dream of a day where the Chicago River is ONLY green on Saint Patrick’s day, not year round.

But all this global warming stuff is just hurting the eco-cause.  It’s actually worse then when eco-freaks drove iron spikes into trees to kill lumber jacks.  Then it was just a bunch of criminal fanatics.  Now you are lying to the people and when they discover your lie, they will not trust you when you start telling the truth.

• @Pervavita:

each child after the 2nd has to pay $5,000 to buy land and trees to plant on that land, then they have to pay tax’s on that land (although it’s government owned) till the day they die.
    the $5k is bassed of the price of land from the 1990’s and as such would probably be higher in cost.
    this is to offset there housing they will need and the food they will consume durring there life.

Seems a bad tax. Rich families can pay that tax without much difficulty and poorer will be hurt. It not solves the problem. “Pay for pollution” is a bad politic, don’t resolve the matter. I hope this tax will not pass a become a law.

But Al Gore wants a carbon tax.  Don’t you think that would be at least as regressive as a baby tax?

(BTW, I support the government paying families to have more babies.  I think a US Citizen born of US Citizens should be paid $5,000 which must be put towards bills incurred by the parents to support the baby like clothes, furniture, medical bills, etc.  Babies are EXPENSIVE!)

• @Cmdr:

(BTW, I support the government paying families to have more babies.  I think a US Citizen born of US Citizens should be paid $5,000 which must be put towards bills incurred by the parents to support the baby like clothes, furniture, medical bills, etc.  Babies are EXPENSIVE!)

and your choice to have. so the expense should not be on the government and in effect on those who have no children/are waiting to have children.
    also by paying people to have kids you are encouraging people to pump them out for the cash and not be productive them selfs.

@Pervavita:

@Cmdr:

and your choice to have. so the expense should not be on the government and in effect on those who have no children/are waiting to have children.
    also by paying people to have kids you are encouraging people to pump them out for the cash and not be productive them selfs.

It’s better then forcing people to pay the government so they can have kids.  At least mine fosters and encourages parents to provide another generation to support the nation AND helps them do so responsibly.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m