Who are we, that wait for a game like a child on Christmas morning?

• Been curious as to how old we are?  I was wondering, I’m almost a senior but act like a kid when I talk about the game and my lack of patience I have of waiting for August 24th.  It’s like waiting for December 24th…. 45 years ago.  And that’s the wonderful thing about this site and AA…

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

I am 20, in college and at work currently. I am excited about the game for sure, but I think the Christmas morning feeling will come when I begin opening both games and putting the boards together. I plan to still be playing, and have converted many others to playing, A&A when I am 60 years old, and beyond. I still am a kid, and love being a kid while playing the game. It’s nice how a game like this can bring that joy out in you… even as you grow older.

• I’m almost a senior as well… I’ll be a senior in high school next year!

• @McMan:

I’m almost a senior as well… I’ll be a senior in high school next year!

I’m curious. What’s the J1 India crush you refer to in your sig?

• I’m 22, married, and going to college. 8-)

• I’m 27, married, and almost a dad.

• Well I’m 47 and my wife is 45 and we have been playing Axis&Allies for almost 18 years now since my brother introduced it to us.  Except for the time that Everquest took over our lives :-) we have played regularly.  I got my sister and her husband hooked on AA50 but now we mainly play AAP40.  And yes we cant wait for AAE40 along with the new FMG pieces.

• I’m 17 and will be a senior this upcoming school-year. I just started playing AA this summer (last day of school to be exact.) I had bought the game summer after my 8th grade year but didn’t have the will to read the whole instruction manual (AARevised). Then on the last day of school my friends went through my closet and suggested playing the game. I almost refused, however we did play it and I ended up loving It. I just recently bought AAP1940 on the 4th of July and Pre-Ordered AAE1940 a couple of days ago. I’m even going to buy an AA Germany shirt sometime this week. I’d have to say it’s a better game than some of the crap other people my age play.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@McMan:

First, I’m not half as good as the people on this forum so don’t make fun of me for lousy moves… anyway, I would generally build a UK IC in India on B1 in Revised in order to fight Japan on the mainland, but the other day I saw that Japan can India attack with all FIC units, Manchuria fighter, Japan bomber, fighters from EI carrier, and Kwangtung infantry if the transport survived, while killing the India navy with the EI navy (minus the two fighters) plus the fighter from CI carrier. After that, Japan has a factory right next to Caucasus which kinda sucks for the Allies… I posted a thread in the Revised forum asking about common Asia strategies, seeing as factories in both India and Sinkiang could be easily taken by Japan and Fleetwood Dan pointed out that normally the Kwangtung transport would be destroyed, nullifying the stated J1 India crush. Basically, my strategies for the Allies came from http://www.morrisongames.com/ this guy. I guess his opening moves videos build off each other, leading to slightly skewed strategies… To make a long story short, it’s just me trying to put something relavant to AA in my sig, but failing because I don’t play like the rest of the people on here. Oh well.

• Most likely one of the youngest members, if not the youngest, I’m 11 years old.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@McMan:

Well, how old are you?  :-)

• I’m 46. I have 2 sons, 19 & 22. My younger son and his friends are playing my AA50 game quite a bit lately in their summer break. I have jumped into a few games, its been fun (they’ve been able to kick the old guy around the board a bit). They are waiting very patiently for Aug 24th, as I am. Timing is kinda bad though, because they’ll be starting classes around then.

@Dylan:

Most likely one of the youngest members, if not the youngest, I’m 11 years old.

Wow their getting younger and younger. Good for you Dylan. By time your a teenager you’ll be a pro.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Dylan:

I salute you for putting up with the rest of our banter. You are pretty darn sharp for a 7th grader.

• @LHoffman:

@Dylan:

I salute you for putting up with the rest of our banter. You are pretty darn sharp for a 7th grader.

Is this sarcastic or sincere?

• '10

I see someone else voted in my age group. 61-100 Amazing.

• @Fishmoto37:

You can meet in the “home” and show it all your friends

JK

• @cminke:

he bout the same age i was when i found this site

Were not talking about you.

• '10

@Dylan:

@Fishmoto37:

You can meet in the “home” and show it all your friends

JK

Now there are three votes in my age group. The “home” is going to be crowded. I dont wanna go. Oops I had better watch it or IL will get after me to stay on topic. Let me see now I think it was IL. Maybe I am having another senior moment.

• '10

@cminke:

no insult but just how old r u?

Still under 80. Many years ago I was a lot younger but I got over that!

• '10

@cminke:

no insult but just how old r u?

By the way, no insult intended but what language are you posting in most of the time?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m