New game called: Battle of France 1940

• The11HP20,
    I agree with your point on how the tanks were not of themselves of better material or better equipped. However, that is not to say that the Germans as a whole did not have a distinct advantage in the way they manned and used the tanks.
    For example, the Germans had an extra gunner in the “cockpit” than their french counterparts. Additionally, they were equipped with radios that the French simply did not use with armor. Both of these caused the German army to have a superior armored force. The way I chose to describe these “armored” forces as being superior is with a lower pip system. I didn’t see a better way of showing it than lowering their defense values. I am VERY open to a more applicable suggestion- in fact I would appreciate such ideas.

In terms of the whole “meth” thing… I don’t have a valid way of putting that into the rulebook hahaha
    “The french player must take Methamphetamines for no less than seven days prior to the playing of the game.” Which, BTW would be the best rule ever…
    Any suggestions are welcome!
    Thanks guys,
    Freddy

• @calvinhobbesliker:

I love how the first sentence of the description is “This is not America’s fight.”

At the time, was it? We weren’t really “into” European politics at the time.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Freddy, thanks for doing that video with Young Grasshopper. This will help me learn the game better, when I get around to it. Awesome job, my friend. Awesome job. :-)

• Thanks John Brown,
    I hope that it will be useful as both an introduction to the game, and a tutorial for new players! I hope you find the time to play some time, and that it will be a fun game to play and re-play.
    Freddy

• @Freddy:

@calvinhobbesliker:

I love how the first sentence of the description is “This is not America’s fight.”

At the time, was it? We weren’t really “into” European politics at the time.

I know it wasn’t, I was just a bit amused that you pointed that out. But it’s a nice change from the usual A&A games where all the allies beg the US for help everywhere.

• Also, would it be possible to list the number of each type of piece that comes with the full game? I’d like to see if I already have enough pieces to play the game.

• In terms of units needed to play, you probably have the units needed.
    I would say that if you have any game (not 1941) that contains mechanized units you have enough units to play. You don’t even need blue units to play the game, Russians will work perfectly fine. If you have any set of french units, that is more than you will need. The “full” set only comes with an abbreviated set of french units from G40.
    Freddy

• @Freddy:

In terms of units needed to play, you probably have the units needed.
    I would say that if you have any game (not 1941) that contains mechanized units you have enough units to play. You don’t even need blue units to play the game, Russians will work perfectly fine. If you have any set of french units, that is more than you will need. The “full” set only comes with an abbreviated set of french units from G40.
    Freddy

Oh, so the full set doesn’t include British or German pieces?

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Freddy:

In terms of units needed to play, you probably have the units needed.
    Freddy

Oh, so the full set doesn’t include British or German pieces?

The full set comes with German, British and French pieces. 120 pieces. You get 50 British, 50 French and 70 German Pieces. I hope this helps. I don’t have the breakdown, but not all of them are OOB. some come from Historical Board Gaming, which is cool. :-)

• Thanks John Brown for clarifying that,
    I totally didn’t mean to say that the sets ONLY contain french units, what I meant was that the pieces are simply OOB french units (some are from HBG, which does a fantastic job in terms of units) but I personally don’t have any unique sculpts to offer. Sorry for that mistake!
    Freddy

@Freddy:

Thanks John Brown for clarifying that,
    I totally didn’t mean to say that the sets ONLY contain french units, what I meant was that the pieces are simply OOB french units (some are from HBG, which does a fantastic job in terms of units) but I personally don’t have any unique sculpts to offer. Sorry for that mistake!
    Freddy

No problem buddy. :-)

• Hey guys! I have an update for you guys!
    I have been in contact with the amazing folks at Field Marshal Games, and they are now selling The Battle of France 1940 on their site! Please go check them out, at fieldmarshalgames.com! There is a limited time sale going on over there!
    Thanks to all the great guys over there, I really appreciate all their help!
    Go check it out!!
    Freddy  :mrgreen:

• Freddy - I sent you a PM last week or over the weekend. Is it possible to obtain or buy a digital copy of the rules and set up charts? I’m planning on buying a copy between now and Christmas, but wanted to look over the rules and initial forces beforehand.

Thanks!

• TacoJohn,
    Sorry about being late on answering your PM. I’ll have to delay and discuss with my partners for digital copies of the rules and set up charts. I will discuss it with them, and I’ll get back as soon as I can. If you have any more questions please ask though!
    Thanks man,
    Freddy

• Hey Freddy -

I know you’re checking with your partners on my inquiry. Here’s an alternative to my question: when I buy a copy of the game, could I then get a digital copy of the rules and set-up charts to read/review on my electronic device (iPad)?

Jon

• '16

@tacojohn:

Hey Freddy -

I know you’re checking with your partners on my inquiry. Here’s an alternative to my question: when I buy a copy of the game, could I then get a digital copy of the rules and set-up charts to read/review on my electronic device (iPad)?

Jon

As an alternative, you could take pictures of the book with your iPad and use that.

But also I’d like to bring up a little problem about the rule book.
    My rule book came jumbled up. By that I mean pages were wierdly scrambled about. For example, one page is pg 13 and the next is pg 5. It threw me way off at first when I was looking for specific stuff. Now I’ll have to flip through the pages looking for a number. Not a big problem, but an inconvenience nonetheless.

• Ch0senfktard,
    Sorry for the inconvenience, I will look into whether that was an anomaly in printing or a more general mistake. Sorry about that, and I would be willing to send you another copy of the rulebook if you want.
    Freddy

• '16

@Freddy:

Ch0senfktard,
    Sorry for the inconvenience, I will look into whether that was an anomaly in printing or a more general mistake. Sorry about that, and I would be willing to send you another copy of the rulebook if you want.
    Freddy

Thanks for the offer, but I’m sure I can just disassemble and reassemble the pages to be the correct order whenever I have the time to do so.

I simply wanted to bring this to your attention just in case other rule books have the same problem.

• @Freddy:

TacoJohn,
    Sorry about being late on answering your PM. I’ll have to delay and discuss with my partners for digital copies of the rules and set up charts. I will discuss it with them, and I’ll get back as soon as I can. If you have any more questions please ask though!
    Thanks man,
    Freddy

Ahh, I guess this is a moot request now, seeing as how I received a copy of the game for Christmas and can now make my own digital copy of the rules and set-up charts.

The game itself looks good and I’m interested in giving it a run-through. Too bad you couldn’t accommodate a simple request to preview the rules. But hey…it’s your game, so you get to set the policies.  You could take a lesson or two in customer service from HBG.

• '21 '18 '16

This game is awesome.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m