• Hey guys i was thinking about buying Historical blard gamings global map, and i already know its really big, but if anyone of you guys have axis and allies 1940 global and HBG big 1939 global map, can you do a comparison taking photos with the boards next to eachother and on top of one another. Just wanna see how big it really is compared to eachother… Thank you :)

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Anzac:

Hey guys i was thinking about buying Historical blard gamings global map, and i already know its really big, but if anyone of you guys have axis and allies 1940 global and HBG big 1939 global map, can you do a comparison taking photos with the boards next to eachother and on top of one another. Just wanna see how big it really is compared to eachother… Thank you :)

Unfortunately mine is setup, but it is wider than my 82 inch TV, by a couple of feet on both sides. :-D

• It just does sit on a standard 4 ft. x 8 ft. piece of plywood.

• definitely shell out the extra $50 and get the bigger version. i can’t imagine using the smaller board, i have the big one and there are still times where there are too many pieces to fit in some of the smaller territories.  also  the rules for gw39 (despite some issues with recent updates) are far more balanced than 1940, which in my opinion is broken and hasn’t been updated lately to my understanding.

• I think they gave Russia too many territories and not enough room in Europe.

• Anzac defender,

I would wait until HBG’s newest map comes out.  It’s far more aesthetically pleasing than the current version, and the rules will also be more encompassing.  It’s the 1936 map as far as I know name-wise.  They might call it something else when they release it.  I will mention too though that you might wait for a little while if you go for that one, because progress on development is still on-going.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m