AARHE: Phase2: Game Sequence

• The sequence change is in phase two: it was never addressed under phase one. Phase one is done and Phase two has started.
    Lastly, only on the first turn we allow the Soviets to move first, then the axis, followed by the allies ( including Soviets)

EVERY other turn is conducted with both axis or italy as well playing then all the allies. thats it nothing more. The problem is solved with combining turns together to speed up play. Also, the idea is more historical because say one nation does not see the results of another nations failures… thus allowing them to modify their planning… turn sequence is basically “simultaneous” for all nations of a team, only the combat is resolved at the same time… otherwise each player moves his own forces at his own speed.

Actually he incorrectly posted this as phase one…its most likely what is going on here with all the confusion.

Also historically its really not possible for UK to get a early jump on Japan… in April 1942 Nagumo basically chased sommerville to Ceylon and the brits avoided the japanese because they were not in any position to attack them with their meager forces. Thats another reason why axis should move together. Now it may require some adjustments to UK’s position in India or some adjustment of Japans deployment of trannies near india and australia. I can easilly make these player aids for the kit.

BTW under playtesting ( adding some other rules we got a 35% reduction in playing time) which is much better adding no loss in fun factor.)

• OK I didn’t realise none of it is for phase 1.

I know round sequence wasn’t discussed but I thought turn sequence was simple.
    Victory condition is also essential for completeness.

I’ve changed the topic name to phase 2 now.

• OK

• In particular the collecting income before combat in the new turn sequence is a realism boost that is clean and simple thus I prefer it asap  :-)

• @Imperious:

Also historically its really not possible for UK to get a early jump on Japan… in April 1942 Nagumo basically chased sommerville to Ceylon and the brits avoided the japanese because they were not in any position to attack them with their meager forces. Thats another reason why axis should move together. Now it may require some adjustments to UK’s position in India or some adjustment of Japans deployment of trannies near india and australia. I can easilly make these player aids for the kit.

I don’t prefer map changes but this isn’t map change.

I don’t mind minor changes to start up military. Either way people have to look up the table anyway. It quite a bit to memorize…that 10 x 10 or so table and 5 of them.

• I did not propose a “map” change it was a remark about the inviability of allowing UK to move in the pacific before Japan. At the time of the game Japan was cresting and UK was still in trouble.

• Yeah.

I am saying I don’t mind a new startup military location table.

• So how does the combined turn thing work?

The whole team has phase 1, then phase 2, phase3, etc?

• They all play each phase as they choose, except during movement and combat its done at the same time to avoid seeing the results of one combat action and then using this knowledge to move/ not move…attack/ not attack

• during movement and combat its done at the same time to avoid seeing the results of one combat action and then using this knowledge to move/ not move…attack/ not attack

More importantly, its so they can’t see combat result and then decision what to build.

for simplicity and less in-game argumuent lets just make them perform phases one after another,
    and generally define the a little more clearly
    I am anticipating complex diplomacy happening occasionally with introducing of National Victory

Game Sequence

1st turn

[USSR]
    [Germany, Japan]
    [UK, US]

Later turns
    [Germany, Japan]
    [USSR, UK, US]

[A, B] means A performs phase 1, B performs phase 1, A performs phase 2, B performs phase 2…etc.

• Yep thats exactly the way to go. add that to the final draft.

• With USSR, UK and US combats being resolved at the same time, (as with Germany and Japan), “D-Day” type coordinated attack is now possible all the time.

Is that ok?

As for “add that to the final draft” I’ll be compiling a phase 2 final draft once the outline of phase 2 is formed.
    Currently lots of discussion in land and naval combat….
    but little in Units, Neutrals, and National Victory.
    Maybe Italy can be phase 3.

We’ve work so much with land and naval combat I think these shall now be phase 2.
    In turn we move Italy and New Units to phase 3 alongside all the physical “map change” and “piece change” rules.

Of course we’ll also await for theduke’s comments and we also have to see his “phase 1.5” rules before pulling together phase 2 draft.

• Yes indeed but the Italy idea has to be combined with the lend lease idea, because italy has to have its own income, while we offset extra axis income with aid to soviets and UK from the allies.

1. Italy
    2. lend lease
    3. neutrals
    4. national victory conditions
    5. NA’s from andersson
    6. Tech? or is that phase three stuff?

• Up to you.
    I am just saying that so we have all those things that require map changes or additional pieces left to the end.

Funny I can’t see a National Advantage thread.

• Up to you.
    I am just saying that so we have all those things that require map changes or additional pieces left to the end.

Funny I can’t see a National Advantage thread.

+++ NO its up to US… we are a team and make decisions as a team. But the idea of leaving the new units, map changes can be kept as optional rules… mainly because the map change will be the adding of Italy as 6th player.

Andersson is very slow with his ideas… i constantly prod him like a sheepherder in the field.

• So lets precisely or a little more precisely define the time line.

How long is a round?
    How long is a turn?

Are they the same?

• IMO each turn = 6 months… each round of combat is say 1 month?

• hmm are you getting confusing combat cycle wth game rounds?

a “round” consists of 5 “turns”?

now that each team takes their turn together
    I am thinking a turn is 6 months and a round is a year
    round1 being an exception

• Ok its just our difference in nomenclature… I was thinking a game turn is when all players take a turn. each round i was identifing with combat rounds.

• I think its technically a combat “cycle”  :lol:

So what should we have the time modelled?

a round = 2 turns (axis, then allies)?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m