Axis and Allies TV show idea: Iron Generals

• This awesome idea is probably the best idea for a TV show you can imagine… Based loosely on Iron Chef Japan pitting your team of players against the worlds greatest generals of world War Two:

Iron chef Japan is now we have Iron General Japan!

1. Reich Minister Keitel replaces Chairman Kaga

2. your team of players can choose to fight as axis or allies, and say you pick to fight against the Axis a group of uniformed Iron Generals moves up out of panzer tanks or is raised above a rail of a facade bridge of the battleship Yamato. From this you can pick Iron general Rommel, IG Manstein, IG Hitler, IG Yamamoto, IG yamashita, IG Tojo etc… all dressed in historical uniforms … all this while a orchestra plays Holst “Mars” from planets.

3. each side gets two assistants could be those classic adjutants with headphones pushing little tanks across a map of Europe with those long sticks ala “Battle of the Bulge”

4. Allez Cuisine! is replaced with “Panzer Angriff!” and each player runs up and collects the dice and pieces they want to use to make their first builds.

5. The music is decidedly wagner at the beginning. “entrance of the gods” from Das Rheingold… think beginning and tie together with the ending movement, plus clips from Holst “planets”-- Mars, Seigfrieds funeral march from Wagners Gotterdammerung ( played after someone lost).

6. The judges are respected military historians, writers, wargame designers, who judge the players strategies and grade the player on strategic soundness of their plan, the originality of this plan, and other statistics.

I have many other ideas but thats a start. It sure would be the highest rated show on TV IMO. Where can i buy the dvd for season one?

• I dont believe it has gone on sale yet, I even looked at Amazon and they dont have it :-(
    but I’ll wait to see how much it is before i buy it.

• LOL! That is either excellent use of sarcasm or simply your not understanding that its an IDEA only that would be perfect. BTW have you or anybody else ever seen Iron chef Japan?

• That’s a really funny idea Anthony! I’ve seen Iron Chef Japan because my sister loves the food channel, and it is a pretty good show. I’d laugh my ass off if there was an Axis & Allies version of it  :lol:

I remember this one scene where the assistant forgot to put the rice in the cooker early enough to make it before the time ran out and the judges were getting all over that. Imagine how it’d be in Iron Generals: the assistant forgets to move a crucial transport or mave the airforce into range and he’ll be slammed with all this criticism and hatred from the spectators  :-P

• I’ve never seen Iron Chef, so I don’t exactely know what it is like, but sounds quite funny - I’d watch it if it was on air here :-)

Do you know Takeshi’s Castle? This would be excellent sample for an A&A show ;-)

• I’ve never seen Iron Chef, so I don’t exactly know what it is like, but sounds quite funny - I’d watch it if it was on air here

Its on the food network at 11PM. where you live?  That show is  basically crack for adults…. Once you watch it and understand how captivating it is you’ll never leave its side! It has nothing to do with that stupid show “Iron chef America”

Its like watching the part in the movie Apocalypse Now when the American gunships are getting ready to attack,and Wagner’s “Ride of the Valkyrie”  is playing in the backround. Its like warfare with food!

• Oh, I live in Austria. You know, the country A. Schwarzenegger comes from. Here we don’t have a food channel, 11pm is not what it’s supposed to be and Iron Chef America I’ve never seen either … but I know Wagner and his Ring of the Nibelungen :-)

• Ill find some clip on the net for you to watch to get the flavor of this thing…BRB

• @Jule:

Oh, I live in Austria.

how does it feel to be worth 3IPCs……my territory is worth the most :-D

@Imperious:

LOL! That is either excellent use of sarcasm or simply your not understanding that its an IDEA

Uhhh, i dont know what the big joke is, i actually could not find it on Amazon. Is there a special website or magazine to order from? :?

PS: Do YOU know how much it is???

• Uhhh, i dont know what the big joke is, i actually could not find it on Amazon. Is there a special website or magazine to order from?

PS: Do YOU know how much it is???    :-o :-D :-D :-D :roll: :cry: wow!.. ok ill start again. Iron Chef Japan is a television program that ran from …. check out this site:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Chef. It is not available on DVD as of yet. Their is a petition by some groups to get this however. The idea that I have proposed would be a axis and alies Television show that uses the same format (structure) It would convey the same aesthetics and would prove to be a great hit.

• I KNOW! i wasnt looking for iron chefs!!!….i was looking for that IRON: Axis and Allies series, what is the name for it again??? (i may have seached for the wrong thing) :?

• NO NO back up just read the post about “Iron Chef” and just enjoy that .MY idea may be good but i totally doubt it will ever be created.

• Whatever, i give up.

• @Imperious:

LOL! That is either excellent use of sarcasm or simply your not understanding that its an IDEA only that would be perfect.

Commissar_Adam,
    Up until that last post, I though you were you still just were making an “excellent use of sarcasm”
    The idea was that it was an idea.  Although if you give IL long enough he will probably end up producing it himself.

Come on IL, we all know you have a pilot episode in the works :lol:

• Although if you give IL long enough he will probably end up producing it himself

EXACTLY! Actually i am gonna talk with a friend Jeff Stein (www.thewargame.com) and since he allready put on a axis and allies style play…soon to be movie, i think ill hit him up to do a pilot for this show. so our friend above will be able to buy it at “Amazon”. LOL!!! :mrgreen: :-D

• @opengeno:

Commissar_Adam,
    Up until that last post, I though you were you still just were making an “excellent use of sarcasm”

man opengeno, your so easy 8-)

• Easy? Maybe if you had only posted once that you couldn’t find Iron: Axis &Allies, but not four times.Â

We were getting ready to call a medic for you :wink:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m