Germany playbook: overall strategy guide

• '13

Even at a cost of 15, I guess I’m still interested in comments on an AC vs. airbase buy to save the battleship.

Thx

• TripleA

Carrier is better because you want the naval unit to attack with in case UK repair his airbase (then you have two battles to do, the potential scramble as well as UK).

So if an airbase is repaired, you have dd cruiser carrier, simply add 2 air units and you can defeat 3 scrambled fighters.

It is true Italy can bomb UK’s airfield after he repairs, but there is a 1/6 chance that fails.

• '14 Customizer

G1 buying 2 bombers and sub.  I never realized that was in this thread.  I have been using that as my standard opening buy for Germany for quite some time.  Interesting to see that you make the same buy G1, Cow.

I had originally used them to beef up the threat on UK to get them to turtle or pre-Sealion.

• '13

@Cow:

Carrier is better because you want the naval unit to attack with in case UK repair his airbase (then you have two battles to do, the potential scramble as well as UK).

Understood.

• TripleA

I use the bomber buy thing to snipe Egypt. Germany can get 20 air units max to snipe Egypt out.

Unless the entire allied bid is on infantry to swarm inside and the malta inf aa gun goes in as well… africa/middle east is gone. Even so you just attack with Italy first so you lose less stuff when Germany paves low. Or load german units on Italy transports and offload on Germany’s next turn, to get the wombo combo.

• TripleA

Several updates coming soon. Pretty huge if you asked me.

-Alternative G1 attack openers
    -Bomber buy g1 with more bombers on g2
    -Full game analysis against various allied strategies and what they could have done better (all games feature J1 DOW so I am dealing with Americans a bit sooner than most games in Europe and still coming out on top).

Pretty sure you guys do not need me to explain the G6 attack Russia drill… I will do it anyway.

• TripleA

Also going to post a strategy to use when you are having a bad time in Europe, like you are getting diced ^.^ which happens sometimes.

Expect the update to hit roughly by the end of the month. I am posting now to remind myself and also because some of it is in progress… got to fine tune it you know. :)

To everyone who is upset at me for posting guides that ruined your games… your games will get worse and even more axis dominant

• You should also make TSVG files of your strategies. Easier to study (and much more fun to do so) than working through a phase-by-phase (unit-by-unit, even) description.

• TripleA

Yes, that is the idea, posting some of my finished games here.

• I just captured London G3 with 6tanks, 4art and 4inf remaining. I have 1 loaded AC, 1 DD, 1 Cruiser and 10TT off the shore in sz 110. He moved partially up into Scotland and has about 7 units there.

THings I’m worried about, he has 3 US Sbombers now in E.US, 1 fighter in Iceland, 4 UK fighters in Icleand, 1 DD/Cr/TT in 119 and a US loaded AC, 3TT and a Cruiser in 108…

Russia just captured Slovakia and Romania as well. Trying to figure out best move with them

• @Cow:

So if an airbase is repaired, you have dd cruiser carrier, simply add 2 air units and you can defeat 3 scrambled fighters.

It is true Italy can bomb UK’s airfield after he repairs, but there is a 1/6 chance that fails.

Higher if UK has planes in london.

• Current state of Europe. I’m Axis. It is US4 turn.

20140804_172719_resized.jpg

• Africa/Med

20140804_172726_resized.jpg

• International law

I’m not as experienced as some other players on here, but at first glance you are toast. By my count, Russia collected 70+ IPCs last turn and you aren’t really in a position to push them back, especially with the US threat to your west. Meanwhile, Germany is collecting somewhere around 45 IPCs and Italy is somewhere between 10 and 15. Russia also seems to have a stronger force on the border. USA will liberate London in a few turns because you will have to spend almost everything to protect the homeland from an angry bear. Once the UK is operating, if Russia is still in German territories, the Axis have lost in Europe and the US can go full pacific.

Basically, if Japan isn’t ready to get a VC win in the next few turns, just throw in the towel.

• TripleA

buy strait inf and arty from here on out. Losing london is fine as long as you are able to push back the Russians.

You will be fine. As long as your Japan is doing well.

• That’s good to hear, and that is what I purchased last turn as well (Inf & Art). Should I try to hold Paris?

One thing I did notice is that Russia is not replenishing their infantry which can end up hurting their progress.

Italy is always hard for me to figure out, not sure which direction to go. I think I’m going to either help in saving Paris or move some men in GSG.

Last but not least, I think I’m going to get some Japanese forces into the M.E. next turn and possibly even a IC.

Can you put an IC on newly captured territory?

• In general:
    If Germany goes Sea Lion but will be kicked out again while Russia hits 50+ income for a while and Japan is in no shape to get a 6VC win, the Axis should indeed wave the white flag.

Italy can be some sort of wildcard.
    If Italy is able to capture the ME and Africa the game may be interesting enough to play out.

@internationalaw:

That’s good to hear, and that is what I purchased last turn as well (Inf & Art). Should I try to hold Paris?

One thing I did notice is that Russia is not replenishing their infantry which can end up hurting their progress.

Italy is always hard for me to figure out, not sure which direction to go. I think I’m going to either help in saving Paris or move some men in GSG.

Last but not least, I think I’m going to get some Japanese forces into the M.E. next turn and possibly even a IC.

Can you put an IC on newly captured territory?

On newly captured territories worth >1IPC, you can put a minor IC (never major), just not in the same turn you captured such territory (you can only build an IC in an area that you cotrolled from start of the turn).

If Russia has stopped replenishing their INF it is still bad news for Germany if they produce (lots of) ARM and MECH. It could be good news for Germany if Russia builds too much aircraft which are bad for pure defensive or offensive purposes. For example, if Germany produces 5INF + 5ART and Russia 3FTR every turn, Germany will be able to push the frontlines eastwards. Unless Russia already has too much of an arms advantage.

With Italy, think offensively early in the game, but definately defensively later on. Consider counterattacks on allied beachheads as a defensive measure also. If Italy goes on the offensive for too long, Rome usually become too easy a target (as offensives for Italy usually means building much less -but more expensive- units).

• TripleA

Oh yeah if you bomb gibraltar with italy or germany he can never repair it. So he cannot threaten very many places.

• TripleA

Dedicates too many air units. I like to have stuff to smooth over the other attacks.

• TripleA

I like young grasshopper’s a bit better. I do it with the air units a bit different.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m