• On UK2, im thinking of sending the India BB+cruiser towards Egypt. I rather use the french DD and an Anzac DD near India to block (SZ41 and 38). Also blocking SZ 37 with UK DD. Note that my Med fleet is still alive, sitting in SZ 81.
    Am i crazy?

• On UK2, im thinking of sending the India BB+cruiser towards Egypt. I rather use the french DD and an Anzac DD near India to block (SZ41 and 38). Also blocking SZ 37 with UK DD. Note that my Med fleet is still alive, sitting in SZ 81.
    Am i crazy?

Crazy, I don’t think so.  I’ve seen people link up the Med fleet with the India fleet or the other way around.  It makes for a power punch, especially when linked with a small Anzac or US fleet.

Anzac is only 2 moves from India’s naval base.

• TripleA

You can bring Russia to the pacific and merge uk, anzac, china, and russia on Yunnan to hold the burma road.

• Hi Bernie
    My first time on this forum. I’ve been playing Alpha 3 for a long time now, especially with the Allies. Did you manage to win this game? What were your strategy?

• @HipHopBernie:

On UK2, im thinking of sending the India BB+cruiser towards Egypt. I rather use the french DD and an Anzac DD near India to block (SZ41 and 38). Also blocking SZ 37 with UK DD. Note that my Med fleet is still alive, sitting in SZ 81.
    Am i crazy?

Actually, It’s a very good idea. But against a good japan player, you will need the Pac + Med fleet near India. On turn 3, He will probably sink all your blocker. If he already build a seaport, Japan will do a lot of damage turn four on India!

Always keep in mind that the german plane can wipe your UK fleet if they are in range, and it can be painful, trust me.

• Coucou Jimmy!

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

Anybody had luck with ANZAC activating Brazil and Persia for income, and maybe to get a non-British IC producing in the middle east?  I can see how ANZAC infantry might load on transports turn 1 and activate those places turn 2.

• '17 '16 '13 '12

@variance:

Anybody had luck with ANZAC activating Brazil and Persia for income, and maybe to get a non-British IC producing in the middle east?  I can see how ANZAC infantry might load on transports turn 1 and activate those places turn 2.

That would require the US to go more heavily in the Pacific. Maybe a better idea is to load one of the Egypt Anzac Infantries on the Egypt transport and unloading in Persia on Anzac 2?

• I have seen ANZAC activate Persia and build a factory there- it just takes a few turns and pressure on Japan is lessened.  Have not thought about Brazil though-  ANZAC in africa?

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

@Omega1759:

Maybe a better idea is to load one of the Egypt Anzac Infantries on the Egypt transport and unloading in Persia on Anzac 2?

Yes this is what I meant.  UK transports the Malta units to Egypt, then 1 ANZAC infantry loads onto the transport.  ANZAC gets Persia turn 2 (and also Brazil with 1 infantry transported from New Zealand).  Turn 3 build an IC and then start building infantry there.  This requires more investment by USA into defending Australia but short of having an American IC in the middle east (almost impossible until very late game) this might be the next best thing?

• '17 '16 '13 '12

@variance:

@Omega1759:

Maybe a better idea is to load one of the Egypt Anzac Infantries on the Egypt transport and unloading in Persia on Anzac 2?

Yes this is what I meant.  UK transports the Malta units to Egypt, then 1 ANZAC infantry loads onto the transport.  ANZAC gets Persia turn 2 (and also Brazil with 1 infantry transported from New Zealand).  Turn 3 build an IC and then start building infantry there.  This requires more investment by USA into defending Australia but short of having an American IC in the middle east (almost impossible until very late game) this might be the next best thing?

I think it can work, but if the Japanese player is a strong one, I think this is a risky approach since you likely need Anzac ground builds to work against Japan. The US can easily spend everything in the Pacific without causing much harm against a good Japanese player.

Might be better for US help UK Europe neutralize Italy, then UK Europe helps against Japan.

• Have not thought about Brazil though

If memory serves, Anzac is one move from Brazil (from NZ).  I’ve seen it done, it really didn’t change the outcome though.

• '12

@AK_Grown:

Have not thought about Brazil though

If memory serves, Anzac is one move from Brazil (from NZ).  I’ve seen it done, it really didn’t change the outcome though.

It’s two moves.  Once in a while I’ve had ANZAC take Brazil, but never with an eye towards having them spend the money outside the Pacific.  It feels like a bad idea to do so if Japan hasn’t been neutralized yet.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m