What is the most unusual/annoying/strange allied bid

• '21 '20

I am using bids for the first time playing against dawgoneit. I have been brainstorming for fun what would be the most unusual/annoying/effective/strange allied bid of 20.

1. 5 Artillery in China
    2. 3 UK subs in key places (sz98, sz91 sz111)
    3. 3 Russian subs up north to convoy raid stuff and be annoying (or a battleship/carrier just for fun) ?
    4. 2 ANZAC transports 2 ANZAC Infantry
    5. 4 AAA guns in India (west india, india, burma, malaya) ?
    6. A second British battleship (sz110, sz111) ?

feel free to contribute weird bids

• Six French infantry in France?

• '21 '20

@J-o-C although that would be really annoying, the bidding rules say 1 troop per territory that you already have troops in.

• Ah. I have never done bids, so I don’t know the rules.

• '20

All those options you’ve listed would present huge obstacles to me as an Axis player. I would probably be most frustrated by the option 5 (4 AAA guns in India), as I think that basically guarantees Calcultta will not be taken. Option 4 is also pretty enticing, as you’d be able to take back much of the DEI if Japan moved towards India.

I think options 1 and 3, while potentially lucrative, may not pay out as much over the long term. Likewise, option 2 and 6 could be of huge value, but it really depends on what Germany is planning on doing. If Germany opts to just go full on Barbarossa, then the purchases don’t add much value.

I don’t think I’ve helped with making a decision, but I think you curated a great set of options. If you can, see how your opponent tends to play and buy accordingly.

Good luck!

• @Flying-Tigerz I agree with your points, but in the balanced mod… Japan has to garison every Chinese territory. Those 5 artillery could really be a pain in the ass to Japan.

I might go with option 4 due to it being such a flexible move, allows anzac to go for brazil, threaten DEI, take the carolines, and be pesky without having to pay for it.

Seperately, we are playing 2 games, where we each play the axis and allies, his bid is 1 artillery in sudan, 1 fighter in malta and 1 sub in sz98. This allows him to lock Africa down fast, really screwing Italy over. Depending on how i decide to play the allies, i might go with some variation of that

• @WindowWasher I was thinking about this recently too lol.

3 Russian tanks in siberia would definitely alter the Sino-Soviet relationship. Or how about a tank, art and fighter?

I also want to say that two fighters at Scotland should be able to disrupt G1 just enough since the possibility of scramble always forces the G1 attacker to overcompensate.

A transport at New Zealand would allow ANZAC to capture Brazil round 1 (and maybe put an IC there round 2). A little Anzac presence in the Atlantic anyone? :)

I really like the discussion around AAA, maybe in Normandy, even if only to add some anxiety to German plans to use air to help conquer the French.

That’s about as wacky as I can think of. If the whole bid doesn’t have to be spent up-front, then giving ANZAC enough to buy an IC in round 1 should be pretty advantageous too.

• '21 '20

@freh said in What is the most unusual/annoying/strange allied bid:

That’s about as wacky as I can think of. If the whole bid doesn’t have to be spent up-front, then giving ANZAC enough to buy an IC in round 1 should be pretty advantageous too.

thats a good idea, maybe give the money to the UK to put an IC in egypt UK 1 and spend the remaining 8 on a sub/destroyer in the med to help deal with the italian navy?

• With enough spend, it is possible to reinforce Yunnan with enough force to prevent Japan from retaking it on J2: ground units in Szechwan, Kweichow, Burma, India, Caucasus, Volgorad and Mayala can all reach (25-33 bid). Add in an initial Yunnan infantry, along with two more allied planes that can all reach. Altogether, you need 48-53 bid which is often in the range of OOB bids.

It is easy to add 22-40 extra defensive points in Yunnan, making it virtually impossible for Japan to take and hold until J4 or J5.

• I bid a tac for China in a recent game with @aequitas-et-veritas. It’s not allowed by default, but aev agreed with it. It’s a clear nerf and pretty useless (a fig, also belonging to some other nation, is better), but 'twas fun. :)

• @trulpen said in What is the most unusual/annoying/strange allied bid:

I bid a tac for China in a recent game with @aequitas-et-veritas. It’s not allowed by default, but aev agreed with it. It’s a clear nerf and pretty useless (a fig, also belonging to some other nation, is better), but 'twas fun. :)

@Flying-Tigerz, that’s a bid in your honour. ;)

• To answer the question I think a fig in Scotland, a sub in z98 and perhaps an art in Sudan would be a great bid.

• These are all super interesting, I also think a British transport off India (take 2 of the DEI turn 1) as well as a destroyer with the Malayan BB (in case of J1, or as a later blocker) would both be good! I really like the idea of ANZAC transport in New Zealand @freh @WindowWasher

• If I can get a 40 bid, I build 4 fighters for Russia. Huge on defense. Huge when making counter attacks.

• @DocFav 4 seems excessive to me, even 2 could be a huge swing and still unusual. What if you threw in a SB, that way you can bomb your confiscated factories later?

• Might have to try that. 2 fighters and a bomber for Russia. A destroyer for US in the Atlantic. Hmmmmm.

• Only problem with it is that the bid will not come into effect until earliest turn 4. I would consider that bit of a waste.

• @trulpen I agree as well, but could prove interesting. The planes could be used in Yunaan though.

• @Kvothe said in What is the most unusual/annoying/strange allied bid:

@trulpen I agree as well, but could prove interesting. The planes could be used in Yunaan though.

Now that is something concrete that’s very valuable! :) Then they will come into good use already in turn 2.

Controlling Yunnan will make things hard for Japan, so it’s a good plan. The figs are also very flexible, so will be able to get back home in time were they’re most needed.

• '21 '20

I think you cant go wrong with a Russian battleship

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m