• @Flashman:

@Yavid:

@Flashman:

Still don’t see how US can enter that early.

If Larry wanted to fast track to the USA getting in the war earlier perhaps the game should have been “Axis and Allies 1917”.

This would mean:

All major nations already at war (no need for political rules)

Weapons such as tanks and fighters would already be in production (no need for tech schedule)

Starting in April 1917, Russia would still be in the war, but on it’s last legs. The CP would have to deliver a KO blow to France or Russia before the Americans get mobilized.
    But then, any scenario that has a scheduled US entry is essentially the same thing.

Perhaps a 1917 scenario will be included.

Q. And since this starts in 1914, I wonder how the nations that opted to stay neutral in the beginning will be played.

A. Many minor powers are neutral initially, including the US, which if not attacked by the Central Powers will enter the war on turn 4.

It’s right there in the accouncement

“And thus”, quoth the great prophet Yavid, “spaketh the Lord Larry”. “For his word is the law, and shall be neither questioned nor anticipated. For he who questioneth the Lord Larry shall be cast into the pit of Houserules, where he shall perish, for without official rules, houserules cannot be”.

“Except Imperious Leader, who shall be forgiven all, for he hath his own game to plug.”

does it offend you that I’ve read the accouncement? and don’t antipate the game to include official rules that controdict what is in said accouncement? or that I have no interest in writing house rules for a game I’ve never played as if I know how to make it better without knowing anything about the game play of the game? Personally I would like to talk about what techs could be houseruled in but I’m waiting for more information about the game such as what will help the game out or make sense in the game. But I’m waiting till I know something more about the game. Like how it plays

• @Imperious:

This:

Stop reading what you want to see

Take your own advice just for once. And stop hijacking the thread …again

You’re posting as though someone’s idea to include a feature in a game that was in the historical time period the game covers and is closely related to a feature we KNOW will be in the game (some form of revolution) has no business being in the thread.

Stop declaring things to be off-topic and only for other games simply because you don’t like the idea. I know you freak out anytime anyone else’s ideas deviate from your own and might possibly threaten your picture perfect games in la-la land, but its time to realize that there are plenty of people other than Imperious Leader who might be right about what can be historically appropriate, or fun, or good for the game.

I don’t like the idea of the reds and whites or whatever it was, but I am not going to say it’s off-topic as a tactic to shut the idea down.

• @Flashman:

Even if they’re at the very gates of Berlin?

Sorry, Ivan, but the game balance requires that your entire army collapses at this point, so you all you Russkis have to disappear into thin air.

Politics, politics.

Excellent point. If the revolution has nothing to do with what is happening in the game and is based on a date that will often ignore the fact that the game will go differently from the actual war, we could end up with some bizzare scenarios. Imagine what might happen if Germany goes full-bore for France keeping a skeleton garrison in Germany, just enough to avoid losing berlin, and the russkies poof into thin air. All of a sudden axis wins because everything went according to the Holy Schedule while ignoring actual historical cause-and-effect.

@Imperious:

If they got there, the game is most likely over anyway. But in that case they fall anyway to Lenin. If they didn’t fall the “red set” of pieces would be even more invalidated.

How do you know that the game is most likely over anyways at that point? Have you played it?

What if it isn’t?

• @vonLettowVorbeck1914:

@Flashman:

Sorry, Ivan, but the game balance requires that your entire army collapses at this point, so you all you Russkis have to disappear into thin air.

Politics, politics.

Excellent point. If the revolution has nothing to do with what is happening in the game and is based on a date that will often ignore the fact that the game will go differently from the actual war, we could end up with some bizzare scenarios. Imagine what might happen if Germany goes full-bore for France keeping a skeleton garrison in Germany, just enough to avoid losing berlin, and the russkies poof into thin air. All of a sudden axis wins because everything went according to the Holy Schedule while ignoring actual historical cause-and-effect.

@Imperious:

If they got there, the game is most likely over anyway. But in that case they fall anyway to Lenin. If they didn’t fall the “red set” of pieces would be even more invalidated.

How do you know that the game is most likely over anyways at that point? Have you played it?

What if it isn’t?

That’s why I think Russian Revolution should be done in a “Japan Wins” in the Old Pacific game kind of way.

• @Yavid:

@vonLettowVorbeck1914:

@Flashman:

Politics, politics.

@Imperious:

What if it isn’t?

That’s why I think Russian Revolution should be done in a “Japan Wins” in the Old Pacific game kind of way.

Hmm, For every 10 IPC in 1 turn collected, it was +1 for Japan, if they had multiples of 10 bombed out, they lost that many, and if they had less than 10 they lost. Is that what you are talking about, if income is less than X, Revolution happens?

Something I think would be really simple is at the end of russian turn add income to 1 or 2 dice rolls. If it’s less than X, revolution. Similar to AAP, but with a little more chance for those unpredictable peasants.

• @vonLettowVorbeck1914:

@Yavid:

@vonLettowVorbeck1914:

@Flashman:

Politics, politics.

@Imperious:

What if it isn’t?

Hmm, For every 10 IPC in 1 turn collected, it was +1 for Japan, if they had multiples of 10 bombed out, they lost that many, and if they had less than 10 they lost. Is that what you are talking about, if income is less than X, Revolution happens?

Something I think would be really simple is at the end of russian turn add income to 1 or 2 dice rolls. If it’s less than X, revolution. Similar to AAP, but with a little more chance for those unpredictable peasants.

I’m talking about something like: for every $5 they collect they get a point they loss 1 point for each unit lost and for each the value of each tt lost. When they run out of points Revolution happens and they drop out of the war.

• That seems cool. They have to be careful not to squander troops, which makes sense for keeping people happy.

• The only problem with my system is that it completely discourages Russia from attacking. So maybe they should gain points for taking tt also.

• @Yavid:

The only problem with my system is that it completely discourages Russia from attacking. So maybe they should gain points for taking tt also.

Well it sorta encourages attacking because of the income, but 5 ipc for 1 point when losing 1 inf is -1 is a pretty big deterrent lol.

• with my system Russia would need something to encourage attacking

• You’re posting as though someone’s idea to include a feature in a game that was in the historical time period the game covers and is closely related to a feature we KNOW will be in the game (some form of revolution) has no business being in the thread.

Stop declaring things to be off-topic and only for other games simply because you don’t like the idea. I know you freak out anytime anyone else’s ideas deviate from your own and might possibly threaten your picture perfect games in la-la land, but its time to realize that there are plenty of people other than Imperious Leader who might be right about what can be historically appropriate, or fun, or good for the game.

You’re posting as though your still pissed off from the nonsense you created earlier in another thread. You should probably take it on the chin a second time? Stop being the defender of imaginary issues. nobody HAD ANY PROBLEMS in this thread until you should up again. My opinions are obviously too much for you to handle, so take a chill pill. You remind me of a child who likes to smell his own farts to make sure they still stink.

• '16

Pardon me, but what does a Russian revolution have to do with minor powers?

• @ch0senfktard:

Pardon me, but what does a Russian revolution have to do with minor powers?

When Mother Russia cracked up it left the Reds,Whites & Greens to sort it out.They in
    a sense became minor powers.The discussion seems to about how these should or
    should not be represented in a WWI Game.

OD

• @Old:

When Mother Russia cracked up it left the Reds,Whites & Greens to sort it out.They in
    a sense became minor powers.The discussion seems to about how these should or
    should not be represented in a WWI Game.

OD

Kind of what the Chinese did in WWII, but A&A Pacific 1940 dont go there. I figure the rule may be something like when Russia lose, as in the Revolution start, all Russian units will be removed from the map and all Russian territories will be treated as impassable. I cant see no other way.

• @Imperious:

You’re posting as though someone’s idea to include a feature in a game that was in the historical time period the game covers and is closely related to a feature we KNOW will be in the game (some form of revolution) has no business being in the thread.

You’re posting as though your still pissed off from the nonsense you created earlier in another thread. You should probably take it on the chin a second time? Stop being the defender of imaginary issues. nobody HAD ANY PROBLEMS in this thread until you should up again. My opinions are obviously too much for you to handle, so take a chill pill. You remind me of a child who likes to smell his own farts to make sure they still stink.

I have only seen your garbage for a short time but it’s becoming easy to define what is classic IL behavior. You make heavy-handed assertions about what is allowed in the game and in the thread and then blame somebody else for creating problems when they disagree that you should be able to dictate whatever you want about whatever you want simply because you spam up the forums with over 10,000 posts and once created some game that allegedly settled once and for all what works in a WWI game.

If you think something is off-topic report it to a mod or something, but don’t pretend its off-topic because you don’t like the idea and expect everyone to go along with that. You are a bully who should really make his own site where you and each of your infantry pieces can have an account an you can post an idea and have each of them log on in turn telling you how great the idea is and how you were the first person to ever think of it and how they have you to thank for there being a WWI game and how everything you do is the only possible right way it can be done. Most everyone would be a lot better off.

• @Imperious:

The purpose of the Red pieces is to fight the “loyal” Russian pieces to stop them reopening the Eastern Front.

The purpose of Russian Revolution is to take Russia out of the game, and not have them fight some other battles that belong to another game as a comic sideshow.

It’s hilarious to be accused of being the one causing problems when you are the one posting like this.

Not only do you declare what the purpose of the Revolution IS <waits for=“” some=“” garbage=“” about=“” how=“” that’s=“” only=“” an=“” opinion,=“” etc.,=“” etc.=“”>, you declare that somone else’s idea is a “comic sideshow” and that it “belong(s) to another game,” even though he clearly showed that this event that he would be representing occured during the war the game is about, and had bearing on Germany’s eastern front of that war.

I’m not too keen on the idea, but to act like the idea’s implementation will fly against the only possible Russian Revolution mechanic, make the game “comic” and will destroy it as representing a World War I scenario is ludicrous.</waits>

• You make heavy-handed assertions about what is allowed in the game and in the thread and then blame somebody else for creating problems when they disagree that you should be able to dictate whatever you want about whatever you want simply because you spam up the forums with over 10,000 posts and once created some game that allegedly settled once and for all what works in a WWI game.

I don’t blame “somebody else” , I blame you. Look at the gibberish you’re posting: You just hijacked this thread because you are angry. Everybody was happy before you showed up and now we got a dog with rabies posting again after he took a hiatus. Look at your posts…. 110 out of 115 are these foaming at the mouth posts, leaving only 5 posts where you contribute your own ideas…seems like you the bloke with the spam issues.

If you think something is off-topic report it to a mod or something, but don’t pretend its off-topic because you don’t like the idea and expect everyone to go along with that.

What is off topic is you, when you come out of the blue and respond to me for imaginary gibberish. You obviously cant deal with me so just go away because it’s too much for your sensibilities.

• It’s hilarious to be accused of being the one causing problems when you are the one posting like this.

Nobody else is bothered but you. Consider that source. You wont.

Not only do you declare what the purpose of the Revolution IS <waits for=“” some=“” garbage=“” about=“” how=“” that’s=“” only=“” an=“” opinion,=“” etc.,=“” etc.=“”>, you declare that somone else’s idea is a “comic sideshow” and that it “belong(s) to another game,” even though he clearly showed that this event that he would be representing occured during the war the game is about, and had bearing on Germany’s eastern front of that war.</waits>

Reading into it a bit much eh? This HE is not bothered at all, so why don’t you shut up and stop hijacking the thread again?

I’m not too keen on the idea, but to act like the idea’s implementation will fly against the only possible Russian Revolution mechanic, make the game “comic” and will destroy it as representing a World War I scenario is ludicrous.

Yep reading into it a bit much confirmed.

BTW This sentence has nothing to do with any poster:

“The purpose of Russian Revolution is to take Russia out of the game, and not have them fight some other battles that belong to another game as a comic sideshow.”

it says nothing to the effect that somebody else’s idea is a “comic sideshow”

I understand your grasping at straws, but this is typical for you.

• @Imperious:

BTW This sentence has nothing to do with any poster:

“The purpose of Russian Revolution is to take Russia out of the game, and not have them fight some other battles that belong to another game as a comic sideshow.”

it says nothing to the effect that somebody else’s idea is a “comic sideshow”

rofl. Look at the original post in context, liar:

@Imperious:

The purpose of the Red pieces is to fight the “loyal” Russian pieces to stop them reopening the Eastern Front.

The purpose of Russian Revolution is to take Russia out of the game, and not have them fight some other battles that belong to another game as a comic sideshow.

World War 1 was also the continuing the Franco-Prussian war, but we don’t need to fight that twice either.

The quote you directly responded to and partially quoted in your own response was a statement about the Russians breaking down into what would be minor powers. You are clearly stating the idea to have reds and whites fighting each other is a comic sideshow to the World War I game. If you were somehow trying to communicate anything else, communication in written English is clearly above your level of capability, and you should probably not post anymore as you are unqualified.

Here is a decent recipe for crow, which you will probably need:

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1752,152180-242206,00.html

Bacon, onion, and sauerkraut can make most any bird palatable.

• rofl. Look at the original post in context, liar:

I have decided that you are the comic sideshow. An entire membership who’s only purpose is to sidetrack threads with 110 posts of reply’s to Imperious Leader. You must be some sock puppet account.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxhuUdZzGYw

The quote you directly responded to and partially quoted in your own response was a statement about the Russians breaking down into what would be minor powers. You are clearly stating the idea to have reds and whites fighting each other is a comic sideshow to the World War I game. If you were somehow trying to communicate anything else, communication in written English is clearly above your level of capability, and you should probably not post anymore as you are unqualified.

You moron. You can’t even keep your own reasons for rebuttal straight. You made the comment that i was somehow ridiculing another posters idea. Rather, i stated that having another war fought on the same map would be a comic sideshow and that does not mean in any form that flashman’s idea is a comic sideshow. It could work in it’s own game, just not in larry’s you moron.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m