• Our group will be playing Global War 1939 for four Tuesdays starting Nov 13.  This looks like an exciting game, and we are all looking forward to playing it.

Questions:

1. When Germany activates Romania, does Germany collect 4 income AND Romania collects 6 income?
    2. What is the most recent version of rules and setup charts?  I want to make sure we use the most recent versions.

Highlight of the things we think we will really like:

1. One destroyer per sub detection.
    2. Mechanized Infantry rules
    3. Convoy boxes
    4. Political rules for Russian and USA entry

Variants we will probably play:

1. We will probably play without the special units. We don’t have enough pieces, and it doesn’t seem they would make a huge difference.
    2. We will roll 4 dice and take the middle 2 when calculating the extra income for Russia and the USA. This will reduce variance somewhat since a few players already pointed out their concern for rolling a pair of '1’s or "12"s.

Craig

• '18 '17 '16 '15 '13 '12 '11

@CraigBee:

Our group will be playing Global War 1939 for four Tuesdays starting Nov 13.  This looks like an exciting game, and we are all looking forward to playing it.

Questions:

1. When Germany activates Romania, does Germany collect 4 income AND Romania collects 6 income? Yes
    2. What is the most recent version of rules and setup charts?  I want to make sure we use the most recent versions. 5.0, as far as I know.

Highlight of the things we think we will really like: Same here

1. One destroyer per sub detection.
    2. Mechanized Infantry rules
    3. Convoy boxes
    4. Political rules for Russian and USA entry

Variants we will probably play:

1. We will probably play without the special units. We don’t have enough pieces, and it doesn’t seem they would make a huge difference. Fair enough
    2. We will roll 4 dice and take the middle 2 when calculating the extra income for Russia and the USA. This will reduce variance somewhat since a few players already pointed out their concern for rolling a pair of '1’s or "12"s. I like it.

Craig

Enjoy your game and give us a feed back later on. Cheers

J.  8-)

• @CraigBee:

Our group will be playing Global War 1939 for four Tuesdays starting Nov 13.  This looks like an exciting game, and we are all looking forward to playing it.

Questions:

1. What is the most recent version of rules and setup charts?  I want to make sure we use the most recent versions.

Craig 4.1 (set-up), and 5.0 (rules) are the latest to date, but 5.1 set-up & rule packet is due out in the next couple days. This should work into your start date of Nov 13th, and worth looking into. I’m expecting some minor set-up tweaks, some new rules, and some clarifications on existing rules that should help you in your first game.

PS: The down load titled Modified Rules with more Technology is not an official rule set. It is a rule set put together by someone other then the original team, just thought you should be aware. The official 5.1 set-up and rules set (due out this week) will have the author HBGcom or Blkstook (noted to the far right of the down load) so keep a look out.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Yep, WildBill is correct on all counts. BTW, my BGG name is Blkstook. Variable was taken, can you believe it? Hehe. Anyway, BGG usually gets the files up in a couple days. I had the 5.0 setup there today but a few issues were already found, so I corrected them and am waiting for them to be uploaded. Rules should be there in a few more days. They have been quick at BGG lately, about 3 days or so. Just to make sure you have the latest, double check the upload date next to the files. Double check it right before your game day too. Coach and the crew just played another game today and we may have a few last minute tweaks.

Actually, you posting that there was an upcoming game day is why I got them up there a bit early. Thanks for the kick in the rear!

• Thanks!  I appreciate the updated rules.  I will read them carefully and post any questions before we start.

Craig

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m