• Customizer

Sounds like a review copy. How does one become a reviewer? Does having a crappy blog and a vulgar A&A podcast help? I have those! I’ll need review copies of all of the games coming out from now on if it’s not too much trouble WotC!

http://dicetruction.blogspot.ca/

• @Most:

Sounds like a review copy. How does one become a reviewer? Does having a crappy blog and a vulgar A&A podcast help? I have those! I’ll need review copies of all of the games coming out from now on if it’s not too much trouble WotC!

http://dicetruction.blogspot.ca/

Unless Variable (who is the only one with a known copy) confirms this information or he posts an image of the new board on another site this is unverified information. A new guy comes to the board and claims that he has seen the map? Well, I say, prove it  :mrgreen:

• @miamiumike:

I do not have the board in front of me, so, I do not have all the changes, but here are ones I do know:

a) algeria and libya were 2 territories - now are 3 - add in morrocco - all worth 1 IPC
    b) china has been divided into 4 territories (each worth 1 IPC)
    c) what was s. europe now has s. europe and I think Italy separate - there is an IC in Italy, but the IPC value is only 3
    d) the overall IPC count at the start is almost exactly the same - I think Germany starts with 41 (not 40) and UK starts with 31 (not 30)
    e) australia is now two territories (each worth 1 IPC)
    f) norway is now split into finland and norway
    g) there seems to be just a bit more ‘space’ between germany (berlin) and russia (moscow)
    h) africa is just a bit different - including egypt being by itself with I think sudan below it (but sudan is worth nothing)
    i) there is now a burma territory
    j) western europe is now broken into two pieces - like global

That is all I can remember ATM…

MM

Wow…if this is true then essentially this IS the AA50 reprint…some new sculpts…revised rules, setup and new map essentially…on top of that its almost guaranteed that the same scuplts if not more will be redone- along with other map corrections and such for the new E40 and P40 in the fall…very exiciting.  WOTC has finally done it right- about time.

• AA50 sans Italy and China

• @questioneer:

Wow…if this is true then essentially this IS the AA50 reprint…

I noticed it as well that’s why I want proof of what he’s saying, since I don’t believe that they would just copy the AA50 map, stick some new rules and call it the 2nd edition of ‘Spring 1942’.

• '10

@Cromwell_Dude:

@Hobbes:

@questioneer:

Wow…if this is true then essentially this IS the AA50 reprint…

I noticed it as well that’s why I want proof of what he’s saying, since I don’t believe that they would just copy the AA50 map, stick some new rules and call it the 2nd edition of ‘Spring 1942’.

Same thoughts here.

Couldn’t agree more.

They are gonna sell a game that goes for hundreds of dollars, upgrade it with recent rules, then charge $60 for it?
    Seems highly unlikely.

• i don’t have any reason not to believe the guy but if they were to reprint AA Anniversary do you really think they’d charge $300 a pop?  :? Come on now.

• '10

Get real, man! Where did you get I was suggesting $300?

They are charging $90 each for the new Europe and Pacific games. They could easily ask that for a reprint of Anniversary.

• @spc71:

i don’t have any reason not to believe the guy

How about a prank? Or, do you believe everything that is posted on the internet, or from someone new to the forums?

Until proof, it is either speculation or misinformation.

• Well first of all, I don’t see how this topic would be worthy of a prank, since we will know soon enough. You haven’t given me any reason not to believe the guy, you’re speculation wasn’t any more compelling than his supposed first hand knowledge. I just take it for what it is. Lastly, post count in a forum is not a good indication that the person knows what they are talking about.  :roll: I just found the notion that the price would be based on outrageous OOP prices to be humorous. I got the impression that he might be one of those who paid hundreds for an OOP copy and is not too happy that a similar game would now go for around $60.

• @spc71:

Well first of all, I don’t see how this topic would be worthy of a prank, since we will know soon enough. You haven’t given me any reason not to believe the guy, you’re speculation wasn’t any more compelling than his supposed first hand knowledge.

But the difference is that I assume from the beginning that I’m speculating and trying to guess what the differences will be, while on his words he says that he’s seen the board but so far has offered no proof of it, and just said something that everyone wants, a reprint of AA50.
    If you still want to create expectations that a AA50 reprint is on its way, go ahead but you’re the one who will be disappointed if it does not come out.

• Disappointment doesn’t figure in, if I don’t like what I see from the coming review then I won’t preorder. There’s always global later this year where you more or less know what your getting. A&A always seems to incorporate new things so I wouldn’t be surprised if its a little global, a little anniversary, and a little something new.

• @spc71:

Disappointment doesn’t figure in, if I don’t like what I see from the coming review then I won’t preorder. There’s always global later this year where you more or less know what your getting. A&A always seems to incorporate new things so I wouldn’t be surprised if its a little global, a little anniversary, and a little something new.

And a lot of the first Spring 1942 edition, which already is an evolution of the Revised map, which in turn comes from the Classic map. And I seriously doubt that they would simply ditch the experience gained since Revised to balance the game by adopting a map similar to AA50. But I may be wrong, like I mentioned above, I’m just speculating :)

• @Hobbes:

@spc71:

Disappointment doesn’t figure in, if I don’t like what I see from the coming review then I won’t preorder. There’s always global later this year where you more or less know what your getting. A&A always seems to incorporate new things so I wouldn’t be surprised if its a little global, a little anniversary, and a little something new.

And a lot of the first Spring 1942 edition, which already is an evolution of the Revised map. And I seriously doubt that they would simply ditch the experience gained since Revised to balance the game by adopting a map similar to AA50. But I may be wrong, like I mentioned above, I’m just speculating :)

You forget Revised map was just an evolution of the Classic map.

• well our little back and forth didn’t smoke out any confirmations, their lips are puckered.

• TripleA

@Hobbes:

@spc71:

i don’t have any reason not to believe the guy

How about a prank? Or, do you believe everything that is posted on the internet, or from someone new to the forums?

Until proof, it is either speculation or misinformation.

Hey Hobbes, don’t be so skeptical. Read all of miamiumike’s posts(as you have noted there are only about 10) and notice which threads they are in. You will probably believe that they are true.

• '12

Belief ought to never be the default position when coming across new information, in particular on internet forums.

• '10

@spc71:

Well first of all, I don’t see how this topic would be worthy of a prank, since we will know soon enough. You haven’t given me any reason not to believe the guy, you’re speculation wasn’t any more compelling than his supposed first hand knowledge. I just take it for what it is. Lastly, post count in a forum is not a good indication that the person knows what they are talking about.  :roll: I just found the notion that the price would be based on outrageous OOP prices to be humorous. I got the impression that he might be one of those who paid hundreds for an OOP copy and is not too happy that a similar game would now go for around $60.

I find it funny that you think a game that cost more than $60 when it came out, has shown since that people are willing to pay well more than $60 for it, will then be reprinted and cost only $60. What type of business is that? :?

• '10

@Col.:

@spc71:

Well first of all, I don’t see how this topic would be worthy of a prank, since we will know soon enough. You haven’t given me any reason not to believe the guy, you’re speculation wasn’t any more compelling than his supposed first hand knowledge. I just take it for what it is. Lastly, post count in a forum is not a good indication that the person knows what they are talking about.  :roll: I just found the notion that the price would be based on outrageous OOP prices to be humorous. I got the impression that he might be one of those who paid hundreds for an OOP copy and is not too happy that a similar game would now go for around $60.

I find it funny that you think a game that cost more than $60 when it came out, has shown since that people are willing to pay well more than $60 for it, will then be reprinted and cost only $60. What type of business is that? :?

BTW, never bought anniversary. Paid 35 dollars to have IL’s map printed and have it for much less than market.

• Well…its not the same game (AA50th)
    No plastic ICs
    No Paper money
    No Italy
    No China
    No NOs
    No Tech

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m