• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Honestly… the WWI game is better.

And LOL, that would make a great FFA.

• @Gargantua:

Honestly… the WWI game is better.

And LOL, that would make a great FFA.

Still we’re waiting you to continue :(

WW1 game is cool I agree! I personally love the 270BC.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

OH *&*t it’s my turns isn’t it.

Give me a min…

• The thing about playing the Allies is each one has a role to play and when they all play that part and play it well the Axis have no chance. Russia is the meat grinder. There goal is to kill Germans and lots of them. UK is the surgeon it slices and dices making tactical move after tactical move taking advantage of every opportunity give to her. USA is the sledge hammer applying over-welming force to every action.

I once played a game that Germany built 4 tanks and placed them in East Germany. Knowing they were going to Russia as the UK I decided Russia needed help dealing with those tanks. So i took Denmark. Germany counter attacked (and won) with those tanks. Next round I took Holland, again Germany counter-attacked with those tanks (and won). When Germany finally got those tanks to the Finland/Leningrad area… I took Norway after wiping out Germany’s baltic fleet. So Germany counter-attacked again with those tanks. So by the end of it all I made it so it took Germany 7-9 turns to get those tanks into Russia to do what the were purchased for in the first place to kill Russians. The whole goal was give Russia and America time and I did just that.

• @Yavid:

The thing about playing the Allies is each one has a role to play and when they all play that part and play it well the Axis have no chance. Russia is the meat grinder. There goal is to kill Germans and lots of them. UK is the surgeon it slices and dices making tactical move after tactical move taking advantage of every opportunity give to her. USA is the sledge hammer applying over-welming force to every action.

I once played a game that Germany built 4 tanks and placed them in East Germany. Knowing they were going to Russia as the UK I decided Russia needed help dealing with those tanks. So i took Denmark. Germany counter attacked (and won) with those tanks. Next round I took Holland, again Germany counter-attacked with those tanks (and won). When Germany finally got those tanks to the Finland/Leningrad area… I took Norway after wiping out Germany’s baltic fleet. So Germany counter-attacked again with those tanks. So by the end of it all I made it so it took Germany 7-9 turns to get those tanks into Russia to do what the were purchased for in the first place to kill Russians. The whole goal was give Russia and America time and I did just that.

How was the fight against Italy and Japan goin at this time?

• America had landed in North Africa but Italy still had a presence in Africa. The fight against Japan was going well mostly because of a flawed strategy of ignoring China and trying to kill ANZAC first.

• I build tanks for Russia round 1 and 2(for counter attacks) and then inf/art as needed. If you turtle with Russia then the German/Japan combo is going to roll over you. Those 18 guys will be dead when Japan gets done with its turn 1 move(or they should be given their airforce).

• TripleA

infantry attack better than tanks.

• Hey man I really like your idea of building land units for ANZAC and not naval units!!!  I’ve always assumed that the best thing to do with ANZAC was to build a navy.  Thanks for sharing your ideas!

• '17 '16 '13 '12

@HeinzGuderian:

Hey man I really like your idea of building land units for ANZAC and not naval units!!!  I’ve always assumed that the best thing to do with ANZAC was to build a navy.  Thanks for sharing your ideas!

Issue with land units is that you can’t grind down Japan’s power. Anzac fighters can be a significant irritant for the Japanese.

• Wow this thread was cool to revive. Haven’t heard from many of those guys much as of late, but they have some great insight for the allies.

Garg’s point was for the allies to win, they first must not loose. Keeping in mind that Cow was part of the conversation, and is one of the best Japanese players (that thrives on early Japanese attacks). Garg’s point of stacking Anz early and def Hawaii so the Japanese can’t steal a win on the Pac side is directly linked to very good Japanese play. It is also noted that the Anz needs to build some navy and air to help the US, but their main goal is to not loose Sidney.

There is also some good advice about how to use Egypt to supply air to Moscow to prop it up (building an IC & AB as early as plausible), while also building up Egypt to be a last resort defensive stand if Moscow falls. I also like that Q mentioned evacuating India as an option to turtlng and losing all your units. I have evacuated India in the past and traded it to stall the Japanese (they can’t land air on it, so it could be a good chance to kill Japanese ground units). This is a little painful because of the stupid capture capital/plunder rule that should be a one time only IMO (house rule). Those India units can really help in Egypt or Russia if they are alive, and is doable if the Anz and Hawaii aren’t weak, or are shielded. Plus once the Japanese take India they need to decide if they immediately head to the 6th VC for the win (Sidney or Hawaii), or possibly make a move on the Mid East, Egypt, Africa, or north to Russia (maybe linking up with more Japanese units pounding through China).

• '17 '16 '13 '12

@WILD:

Wow this thread was cool to revive. Haven’t heard from many of those guys much as of late, but they have some great insight for the allies.

Garg’s point was for the allies to win, they first must not loose. Keeping in mind that Cow was part of the conversation, and is one of the best Japanese players (that thrives on early Japanese attacks). Garg’s point of stacking Anz early and def Hawaii so the Japanese can’t steal a win on the Pac side is directly linked to very good Japanese play. It is also noted that the Anz needs to build some navy and air to help the US, but their main goal is to not loose Sidney.

There is also some good advice about how to use Egypt to supply air to Moscow to prop it up (building an IC & AB as early as plausible), while also building up Egypt to be a last resort defensive stand if Moscow falls. I also like that Q mentioned evacuating India as an option to turtlng and losing all your units. I have evacuated India in the past and traded it to stall the Japanese (they can’t land air on it, so it could be a good chance to kill Japanese ground units). This is a little painful because of the stupid capture capital/plunder rule that should be a one time only IMO (house rule). Those India units can really help in Egypt or Russia if they are alive, and is doable if the Anz and Hawaii aren’t weak, or are shielded. Plus once the Japanese take India they need to decide if they immediately head to the 6th VC for the win (Sidney or Hawaii), or possibly make a move on the Mid East, Egypt, Africa, or north to Russia (maybe linking up with more Japanese units pounding through China).

I agree with all this, generally speaking. Japan can take any one power at the time. The only way to slow down Japan is for all nations to cause Japan to enter attritive battles. E.g., put Japan in a position where they have juicy targets to hit (with something to compensate you for it, like time, loss of position or gain on another front), but too many of them to address.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m