• Customizer

Oh that’s just silly.  You can’t just leave UK alone.  Not only will they start landing in Europe, Germany will cease to exist in the Atlantic.  Forget any convoy raiding for Germany, they won’t have any subs for it.

In one of our games, the Germany player pulled a stunt like that.  They went straight after RUssia after taking France out.  To make matters worse, Japan attacked USA and UK round 2.  So, the US sent out destroyers and planes to help UK clear out all the German subs.  Germany used their fleet to kill the Russian Baltic fleet and built transports to attack Leningrad.  Well, the UK ended up taking Denmark round 3 and since most of the heavy hitting Germany stuff was in Russia, Germany couldn’t take Denmark back.  Then the British fleet sailed in to the Baltic and finished off the German navy.
    I really don’t know what the German player was thinking.  It wasn’t long before there were US and UK troops in Europe and Norway.  UK kind of neutered Italy in the Med and wiped out the Italian forces in Africa.  Then US troops landed in Rome and Italy was pretty much done for.  Also, in spite of the aggressiveness of the Japanese, it was more or less attacking with out purpose.  Japan was one island short of getting the DEI (India fortified Sumatra and Japan just didn’t have enough to take it).  They didn’t back up their mainland forces which got whittled down and they left their capital ships exposed to attack.
    What was kind of funny was when UK and US forces were really threatening Berlin, Germany tried rushing all their armor back west.  Thing was they were too far into Russia so they couldn’t get back in time to save Berlin.  Meanwhile Russia, who was in real trouble, now had breathing room and started regaining territory.  Russia slaughtered German infantry and artillery while the German armor was obliterated in East Poland.  Japan ended up losing all ground in Asia and their fleet was reduced to a handful of lesser ships with 1 battleship and 1 carrier.  With the Germans and Italians dead, now ALL the Allies were closing in on poor Japan.  Just a lot of very bad planning on the Axis side.

• He now said he is going to destroy the brit navy turn 1, but after that he is almost always done with the British. Last game we fought over France since the beginning as Britain took Normandy back turn 2 and since heavy german forces were all east, France was liberated turn 3 then reinforced turn 4 by America. He kept boasting that his massive panzer army (some 10-11 new tanks per turn) was going to win the war but they were all landlocked in europe, and most of them were in Russia.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Alsch91:

I challenge anyone to try to take London against me in Alpha 3 without entirely unacceptable losses - defined as losing all your Fighters/Tacs in order to take London.  Either in an actual match up to G4 or in a simple thought-experiment thread.

I don’t think it’s quite as easy as you guys all think it is.

I’ll take that challenge.

• So should I take norway as america and build a complex there to put fresh units into the fight in europe while still shipping some over?

• Sounds fine to me Jen.  I apologize if I came off as arrogant; I’m simply interested in which tipped the Sealion balance more strongly - 5 more hits for UK vs 1 more Strat and a weaker France for Germany.

• If he leaves your british fleet alive, build a carrier and 2 dd’s t1 with UK and start doing landings in norway. Get 5 transports going as UK and start to really punish germany. Or you could send your fleet south build an industrial complex in egypt and kill of italy in the south. Then start pumping units in to italy or greece.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Alsch91:

Sounds fine to me Jen.  I apologize if I came off as arrogant; I’m simply interested in which tipped the Sealion balance more strongly - 5 more hits for UK vs 1 more Strat and a weaker France for Germany.

Well, it’s more than just 5 hits lost.  England lost, at a minimum, 13 Punch as well but that’s only looking at what units you no longer have to bring to the fight, you are not looking at the losses due to Convoy Raids that cannot be stopped (no destroyers left) nor the Strategic Bombers hitting the Complex.  Between CRD and SBR England should lose another 6 units.  So now England is down 11 Hits and 25 Punch and that is very significant really.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m