• As someone who recently opened a YouTube channel, I want to improve on my speaking skills. Whenever I watch one of YG or GHG’s videos for example, they’re able to speak and not stutter.  They also don’t sound like a robot like I do. Does anyone have any tips?

• From a year and a half’s experience at LD Debate here 3 things I find extremely helpful.

1. Practice speaking in front of
          A: Your parents
          B: The mirror

2: Do vocal exercises before you speak. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tXK7cw9mrg

3: Just go for it. I find that I get better the more I talk so while the beginnings of my speeches are rough they almost invariably get better as the round goes on.

PS: what’s your youtube channel called?

• TheA&AClassicDude

• Sponsor

Talk to your audience like you’ve known them for years.

Remember… your passion for the game is not measured in subscribers.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

You can do a private video first and PM me a link.  I will give you a private review, and politely boost your confidence whilst improving your video quality too.  Practice makes perfect, I’m willing to help.

• '18 '17 '16

My secrets;

1. Don’t overthink what you are doing. Have some idea what you want to talk about and then relax and just talk about it.
    2. Don’t think about the audience. It’s just you and your camera. Talk to the camera as though you were trying to teach it to play A&A.
    3. If you get stuck tell the camera you will be right back and then pause it. Take some time to gather your thoughts and then restart the camera and start talking again. You can splice all of the segments together later.
    4. Have fun. That’s why you’re making a video. There is no other reason to make a video because it’s not like any of us will ever be able to quit our jobs and make a living out of it. Throw in the odd joke or something to entertain yourself and remember it’s just you and your camera.

• It might help you relax a bit if you keep in mind the type of people who would watch a vid about A&A. We love A&A and if your talking about it we are more interested in what your saying then how you say it. The more you make the better you’ll get. I love listening to people talk about A&A (any version) so don’t stress just keep making vids and enjoy it as most who watch yours vids will.

• I’ve done videos for about a year and a half. Here are my tips.

1. Studdering is fine, as long as it is not constant. I do this once in a while. We just want to hear you.

2. Know the rules. You would be surprised what some of the rulings are for certain things. Just ask GHG.

3. Talk to your audience like you already know them. Even if you don’t know them, it helps. Also don’t focus on them while recording.

4. If you screw up, you can restart. This is the beauty of recording.

5. Pick up a Tripod or some sort of stabilizing device. It really makes a difference in quality.

Thats pretty much what I can think of off the top of my head.

• @TheAandAClassicDude:

As someone who recently opened a YouTube channel, I want to improve on my speaking skills. Whenever I watch one of YG or GHG’s videos for example, they’re able to speak and not stutter.  They also don’t sound like a robot like I do. Does anyone have any tips?

Go practice singing in a choir to fix your voice, parents and mirrors etc. are bad advice, if your serious about it do it properly, they’ll have you confident and sound like an angel in no time

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m