• it will be!

• Sponsor

@GoSanchez6:

Larry mentioned on his site that the Alpha 3 rules might be up next week providing the hurricane doesn’t blow him away. I hope it is worth the wait.

Could you please provide a link.

• @Young:

@GoSanchez6:

Larry mentioned on his site that the Alpha 3 rules might be up next week providing the hurricane doesn’t blow him away. I hope it is worth the wait.

Could you please provide a link.

@Larry:

I’m about ready to post Alpha+ 3.  Probably next week.  If I find myself without electricity for 4 or 5 days, as some are predicting, I’ll be a bit longer posting it.

Larry

http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=6024

• Sponsor

Thanks

• As for SBRs I have tried buying 2 lvl bombers 1ss first turn with Germany and on the second turn doing a major air raid on UK.  If uk intercepts they will loose lots of aircraft.  And even after the air battle the damage to the factory/airbase/shipyard should be close to maxed out.  This almost cripples them for a couple turns,  just as your buying your fleet for sealion.

• @Peck:

As for SBRs I have tried buying 2 lvl bombers 1ss first turn with Germany and on the second turn doing a major air raid on UK.  If uk intercepts they will loose lots of aircraft.  And even after the air battle the damage to the factory/airbase/shipyard should be close to maxed out.  This almost cripples them for a couple turns,  just as your buying your fleet for sealion.

have you thought about using the SBr’s on england, while getting ready to launch a full scale invasion of russia??

• @thatonekid:

@Peck:

As for SBRs I have tried buying 2 lvl bombers 1ss first turn with Germany and on the second turn doing a major air raid on UK.  If uk intercepts they will loose lots of aircraft.  And even after the air battle the damage to the factory/airbase/shipyard should be close to maxed out.  This almost cripples them for a couple turns,  just as your buying your fleet for sealion.

have you thought about using the SBr’s on england, while getting ready to launch a full scale invasion of russia??

I did that one game.  It didn’t work out to well (mostly due to horrible rolls).  In the end I had to move most of my new forces to Russia to support heavy losses.  By the time I thought I was in reach of Russia, the US invaded Normandy and it was all downhill from there.  I think with a little more luck from the dice though, I could have pulled it off.  Just know that you have a huge risk of opening yourself up should it take too long and the US gets in the war.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

A few extra strategic bombers for Japan (5 or 6) is insanely powerful!  From an Airbase in Formosa, Hainan or Korea you can hit just about anywhere on the board and land on some “useless” islands.

As for SBR, even if I am assured of losing a fighter each time I do it, I’ll still hit Russia each round, unless I have a better target that round.  4 dmg for the cost of 2 on average?  And Germany earns twice what Russia does?

• Just tried Stat bombing with ALPHA+2 for the first time last weekend. I lost one bomber but I cost the U.K. more than what I lost, I went in with 4 on London…… I controlled what they spent their money on  oops wrong thread
      WHAT ABOUT ALPHA+3 I WANT TO SEE WHAT IT IS THATS CHANGED TO MAKE SOMEONE MORE POWERFUL  I HOPE IT’S NOT MORE HISTORICAL THEN THE AXIS WOULD LOOSE EVERYTIME

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Double down with 16-20 submarines CRD’ing your opponents.  You’ll see a very concerned look on your opponent’s face. (If you are axis)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m