• What was the best Strat ever made? :-)

• A best strategy is always dependent on a situation and the counter strategy your opponent is using.

personally I think a German strategy of sealion or strangling britain through convoy is the most effective.

I also think A USA strategy of 100% pacific is very effective but not if germany goes sealion.

Italy should always focus on control of the med. africa and the middle east (in alpha +2) if you are playing oob I think the best thing italy can do is can-open for Germany. Russia strategy is pretty straight forward.

Japan is extremely complicated as there is so much to be done, it really depends on the situation on the board. India smash, Kill america first, kill australia first (less of an option in alpha +2), all out China/Russia etc.

Anzac needs to be as annoying as possible, usually done with lots of subs.

An Indian fleet always seems to be the best for Uk Pac. at least early in the game but only if there will be at least a moderate sized american fleet.

China needs to be annoying by spreading its forces out and keeping the fighter alive.

Uk London is tricky, I have experimented with building planes each turn and it seems to be pretty effective but assuming there is no sealion threat the best thing to o is probably build ground units in S. Africa and a fleet in canada.

• Just use the US to destroy them one by one.

Build a huge navy destroy the Japanese navy, then build some transports and some units for them (mainly tank and infantry pairings,) then land in Japan and then next turn build a few units if they have anything else scattering around just in case. Then send that navy and build more units for the transports and take Italy, but make sure that can take Germany to. Just avoid any other territories, just take a few Pacific islands, Japan, South, North Italy, and Germany. You have 5 other allies to do other things.

• I know this is a bit off topic, and I want to start by saying I am not trying to be mean, or call someone out for being……

But 450thMSAF, cmon!  You’ve been posting half sentences on tons of topics lately.  Please, if you are going to take the time to respond to a post or even start a thread like this one, put 20 seconds of thought into it.  Half a sentence is not contributing, and its annoying to see a bunch of threads with new posts just to find out its you putting in 3 words of advice.

This thread is a great example, you ask 1 question, and by the way its totally open ended.  Put some parameters in here, best strat for Axis? Allies?  Chutes and Ladders?

Please keep contributing to the knowledge of this game, just do so with a bit of insight–not just a post to show us you’re alive, but post something to show us you think.

***EDIT:  I’m sorry if I missed some of your more enlightening posts, but since yesterday I have just been bypassing any threads that have you as the last responder, again I apologize.

• ok thanks i will try and this so happens to be axis and allies .org so i think thats pretty obvious

• The best strategy is when the other side knows what’s going to happen but cannot stop it, and doesn’t rely on trickery or luck.

But yeah, this topic is too ague and holds little value since you dont have a narrower focus.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I can tell you the American 100% Europe Strategy is the WORST strategy to play!

• Any Gamers out there I need some advise as the Axis, As follows Please: (1)  Can Germany use the airbase in Iceland with its planes with full benefits without taking it over with a transported land based unit? (2) Can Japan while neutral with America land its planes in and use the airbases with full benefits in Guam, Midway, and Wake without violating U.S. Neutrality? (3) if they transport an infantry to any of these islands does this violate U.S. neutrality? (4) I have read some posts where G1 builds a CV and two TT. It attacks the U.K. fleet and the writers seem to suggest they can land planes that have engaged in combat on a newly built CV. Is this possible? (5) Other writers have suggested that even after an attack has been made during the combat phase they can still Peace Move with the same units? Is this posible? (6) I have also read in the posts regarding “Defending Britain from Sea Lion” that G4 is the best time to attack. The writer suggests G1 CV and 2TT and kill U.K. Fleet. G2(70IPC) Build 10 TT. G3 land 25 ground units and one AA gun in Scotland. Is this possible without using the 11 INF and 3 ART in Germany? The writer then suggests another 25 ground units can be placed on the 10 German TT for a combined sea and land attack. How is this possible? Where will all these troops come from? Germay has at best 53 IPC on turn 3 how can they build another 25-26 ground units to transport on turn 4?
    Your assistance is appreciated.
    Sargon the Assyrian Warrior

@sargon:

Any Gamers out there I need some advise as the Axis, As follows Please: (1)  Can Germany use the airbase in Iceland with its planes with full benefits without taking it over with a transported land based unit?
    No.  You must control the land the facility is on to use the facility and the only way to take control is to invade it with a ground based unit.

(2) Can Japan while neutral with America land its planes in and use the airbases with full benefits in Guam, Midway, and Wake without violating U.S. Neutrality? (3) if they transport an infantry to any of these islands does this violate U.S. neutrality?
    No.  Again, you have to take the land and that constitutes an invasion which would bring America into the war.  And yes, any invasion of American territories would bring America into the war.

(4) I have read some posts where G1 builds a CV and two TT. It attacks the U.K. fleet and the writers seem to suggest they can land planes that have engaged in combat on a newly built CV. Is this possible?
    Newly built aircraft carriers are valid landing zones.  Look under aircraft movement and aircraft carriers in the manual for further details.

(5) Other writers have suggested that even after an attack has been made during the combat phase they can still Peace Move with the same units? Is this posible?
    Only aircraft may make both a combat and a non-combat move as they are prohibited from landing in newly acquired territories.  All other units either move in combat or in non-combat but not in both.

(6) I have also read in the posts regarding “Defending Britain from Sea Lion” that G4 is the best time to attack. The writer suggests G1 CV and 2TT and kill U.K. Fleet. G2(70IPC) Build 10 TT. G3 land 25 ground units and one AA gun in Scotland. Is this possible without using the 11 INF and 3 ART in Germany? The writer then suggests another 25 ground units can be placed on the 10 German TT for a combined sea and land attack. How is this possible? Where will all these troops come from? Germay has at best 53 IPC on turn 3 how can they build another 25-26 ground units to transport on turn 4?
    Your assistance is appreciated.
    Sargon the Assyrian Warrior

G4 sea lion includes most, if not all, original units left in Europe + newly built units.  The crux of the operation lies in landing a significant portion of troops in Scotland on G3 and using those, in conjunction with new troops from transports on G4.  Essentially, you are getting twice as many troops for the same number of transports because you are taking two turns to do it.

Jennifer - The Muscovite Czarina

• Thank you Jennifer the Muscovite Czarina for the insight and answers. Again as to G4 Sea Lion. I see the 26 units in Scotland? If Germany has only 53 IPC on G3 the max build is 15 INF and 2 Art. or some combination therteof. Thus, 43 troops. If UK Turtles and builds only Infantry for three rounds they have added 30 infantry plus the other troops from Canada and Gibralter/Malta and/or Africa in addition to their planes and staring infantry.

How does Germany benefit by waiting from G3 to G4?

Sargon the Assyrian

• Question about Gibralter please. If the Germans or Italians bomb the airbase and naval base belonging to the UK rendering bot inoperable can the U.S.A. land there and repair these facilities or must it be done solely by England because it is an original UK territory?
    Sargon the Assyrian

• The other issue I think you’re missing Sargon is in Sealion the whole Wehrmacht is going to head for the beaches in France.  You need 25 inf, you’re 8 tanks, and a bunch of art and mechs.  Whatever you want to take over.  This leaves the russian front very bare, you’ll be lucky to leave blockers.

For you’re second question, if UK owns the territory, then they are the only one’s who  can fix it, US can only fix their own facilities.  If London is captured, then oh well.

• '21 '18 '17 '15

While i enjoy reading through all the strategy topics and getting ideas, so much of it can fall flat on a bad throw of dice…… Have played many games with what i thought was good strategy only to lose with one or two bad throws.

I find it possible to have a full complement of units for Sea Lion and an infantry in Romania, Hungary and Poland.  The free guys you get from Bulgaria are too far away to get in range in time.  The free guys you get in Finland are in perfect position to get to Norway for the transport.

R1 you have 30 IPC
    R2 you have 70 IPC
    R3 you have 50 IPC

Spend it as you see fit.

• I realize that Operation Sea Lion leaves the door open on the Eastern Front. But, if successful on G3 it gives Germany nearly 90 IPC to rebuild the Eastern Front. Even if England is retaken in G4 or G5 is seems to be worth the risk and money. Alternatively, Germany can use the TT’s for a naval assault on Leningrad.

Query: Can Russia move into China? If so, when and under what conditions?

Thanks for the assistance.

They can move into China whenever they decide to declare war on Japan.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m