Bridging with sub already used for amphib

• If you amphibiously assaulted with a transport, can you then in non combat bridge off that transport without moving the transport at all? Or is that transport not able to be used, even for a no move bridging?

• So essentially, can a transport moved in combat, be bridged off of in non combat.

• Hi RKKA

I see you’ve done a few posts, but nevertheless a tardy but warm welcome to the forum.

Not sure what “bridging off” means? Do you mean to transport units across a sz without moving the transport?

In any case - if the transport is used in combat it cannot be used again in non-combat - even if no movement is entailed.

Of course if you have 2 transports, one of which is used in combat, then the other can be used in non-combat to move land units into the newly acquired territory.

Cheers
    PP

• PP is right, RKKA. You can never use a  unit twice. It either moves in Combat or Non Combat. (Planes are the exception, in  that they have to land in Non Combat,
    If they attacked in Combat.)

• Ah, I see. Well, we botched that one last evening then. I had transported the UK tank from Eastern Canada to Western Europe, and conducted an amphibious assault which I won. I then reinforced by bridging infantry across from UK using that same transport which didn’t need to move ( during non combat).
        Prior to receiving a reply we settled on allowing it because under transport in unit descriptions it says a transport is allowed to be used by another unit to bridge across a single sz without being required to move (or something like that), which we took to mean “moving- as in having to be quote unquote used again”. I see now that they mean “moving- as in actually physically moving” and this merely permits the later type of use, not allows the former.
        Ah well, now rounds 4-on will be meaningless due to a European force that shouldn’t exist. I just hate it when that happens…. :x

• We have all misinterpreted the rules. Just means the next game will be different, which is fine.
    Keep having fun.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m