• Left is Pacific, Right is Atlantic

• For me it kinda depends on the situation.

• 60 for Warships in Pacific, 40 for transports in Europe. That way, the UK can protect the transports for landings, and the Pacific fleet can pin down the Japs.

• I’ve not seen many reasons why the US would go in with anything less then 100% in the Pacific for a handful turns.
    So more often than not, full Pacific -> contain Japan via navy -> start Europe.

• So then perhaps a better poll would be what round do you switch to European front as the US?  It will be important to add that yes we all know all games are different, this is asking for an average.  For my latest game US turned to the Atlantic on turn 7.  After chasing off the Japanese fleet, then capturing and building an IC in Korea.

• @JimmyHat:

So then perhaps a better poll would be what round do you switch to European front as the US?  It will be important to add that yes we all know all games are different, this is asking for an average.  For my latest game US turned to the Atlantic on turn 7.  After chasing off the Japanese fleet, then capturing and building an IC in Korea.

And what was the situation in Europe after that?

• I like going for KGF strategy first. You can usually kill Germany and/or Italy before Japan does major damage to Russia.

• @special:

For me it kinda depends on the situation.

I concur  :roll:

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

The job of the US isn’t to win the game, it’s to STOP the Axis from winning the game and make sure the Allies don’t LOSE the game.

As long as the USA can keep the game going, in terms of turns, -usually-

You need to spend on both fronts, as required, with intelligent and mostly unscripted builds.  It depends on the skill level of your allies, your overall comprehensive strategy, and the results of opening axis manuevers and attacks.

That said it’s also not what you build, but how you use what you already have.  EVERY starting unit, by US 3, if at all possible, should be off of thier islands and the continent, and heading towards theatres where they can be effective.  In a central and organized manner, including aa guns.  IE Don’t build infantry, or transports, just to leave them sitting around.

• @special:

@JimmyHat:

So then perhaps a better poll would be what round do you switch to European front as the US?  It will be important to add that yes we all know all games are different, this is asking for an average.  For my latest game US turned to the Atlantic on turn 7.  After chasing off the Japanese fleet, then capturing and building an IC in Korea.

And what was the situation in Europe after that?

Still to be decided, this game is not over yet.  Germany has reached the German Soviet border and made sure to take and hold all german territories this past turn.(7)  Italy has been bringing 3 turns of 4 trn loads to Syria, a large Italian army is present in Iraq/Persia/Npersia and Most of Germany’s navy is in the Caribbean protecting panama and putting a threat out on the US coast.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m