A&A World Cup 2012 Discussion

• TripleA

kind of odd to concede after g1, unless france 1% defended and lived. Could always go for a pacific win otherwise, the pacific win is usually under 10 rounds, won or lost round 7-8 if you are rushing because europe is not good. I do have an opener posted on the global forum to follow through with. It just depends on the casualties when you take india round 4-5 if you rushing, then you can go for  hawaii or new south wales shortly after.

Nice thing about global is axis can win it on either half, so you can get screwed on one half and end up winning. aa50 and revised, getting screwed sets you back big time.

• 2007 AAR League

@Cow:

Axisplaya conceded after a bad g1 in global.

Dang commonwealth not looking good already. I am in a close game for revised, I think I am losing but I am not sure yet.

Well, then. If you finish up your game quickly, I might not have to play. Yoshi can’t get to our game until next week.

Kinda wondering why this tourney isn’t round robin since there are so few teams.

• TripleA

I went for the 58% berlin take down. I got smoked. Game is now slightly favoring axis… SIGh.

I shoulda waited a turn to maybe get better odds, but russia had 9 guys ready to do it. I just needed to not get crushed lol.

• TripleA

one thing I like about revised, uk swings then usa then russia… UK gets super screwed… oh well everyone got to wait. lol.

• TripleA

loool, I made a huge huge mistake, didn’t realize he could get so many guys on west canada. Been years since I played revised, I even forgot that was the one sea zone changed when they redid the map. lool. What I get for letting my revised box collect cob webs. lol.

I think I just lost my revised game so I am going to do a suicide run and then call it lol.

• TripleA

yeps I lost. gg too funny. good luck functionetta. You got your ultra fast game :)

• TripleA

Functionetta moves on.

• Oops, you already posted!  :lol: Good game as well, and yes, ultra fast game! You were a tought opponent  :-)

• TripleA

I don’t know about being a tough opponent lol. All I did was throw everything I could at germany and hope for the best… then when I got 58% I went all in and I got screwed! lol.

I was a gambling opponent. :)

• TripleA

USA’s west canada stack mistake, just meant that I couldn’t wait for a second crack at berlin… had to just all in for a 1% shot. :) Kind of good, I would have lost either way, most likely.

• TripleA

I do appreciate the good sportsmanship. Good luck again functionetta!

• 2007 AAR League

Well, at least I won the bid so I’ll call that a victory. That way I can feel good about participating.

• TripleA

good luck with yoshi. Are you going to play a hyper aggressive game?

• @U-505:

Well, at least I won the bid so I’ll call that a victory. That way I can feel good about participating.

so if I got it well, Europa already won… wanna play this one as friendly (thus, might be slow) ? or we can move it to a league game if you want ?

• TripleA

woah woah woah, they got past their first round only. just means commonwealth has a last man standing.

If usa, europe, and commonwealth each make 1 in the final… how will we break the tie? That part was not really established.

@Cow:

woah woah woah, they got past their first round only. just means commonwealth has a last man standing.

If usa, europe, and commonwealth each make 1 in the final… how will we break the tie? That part was not really established.

No, Yoshi is right.  Team Europe already won their match.  With the Func and Dutch victories that means it is 2-0.  Even if team Commonwealth wins the third game it would still be 2-1.  But the entire Team Europe will advance to face the winner of the US match.  Which we have to get underway.
    But by all means players are welcome to play out remaining games.

Perhaps we can do Team Commonwealth vs. the US team that loses for a “bronze” medal so we can get more games played.

@U-505:

@Cow:

Axisplaya conceded after a bad g1 in global.

Dang commonwealth not looking good already. I am in a close game for revised, I think I am losing but I am not sure yet.

Well, then. If you finish up your game quickly, I might not have to play. Yoshi can’t get to our game until next week.

Kinda wondering why this tourney isn’t round robin since there are so few teams.

That might be something to consider in the future.  Since we’ve never tried this type of event I thought easier the better.  There may be better ways to do qualifying as well, maybe even letting players pick their own team.  But I was also concerned about time.
    Revised games can go fast, but AA50 can take a while and I’ve heard G40 can be long to play so I really didn’t want to risk this going on forever.

• @DarthMaximus:

Which we have to get underway.

I’m waiting for a bid from BigBadGoo.

• 2007 AAR League

@Yoshi:

@U-505:

so if I got it well, Europa already won… wanna play this one as friendly (thus, might be slow) ? or we can move it to a league game if you want ?

Let’s make this friendly. I’m pretty loaded up with League games so I need something slow. Plus, it gives me a chance to experiment with my placement and not get penalized if it doesn’t work. Go with 1 inf Egy, 1 SS sz12.

@Cow:

good luck with yoshi. Are you going to play a hyper aggressive game?

I’m always aggressive with the Allies in AA-50. Especially Russia.

• ok, will start this one later on and pm you at this point :)

• TripleA

OOOOOHHHHH. the entire team advances. I thought it was like 3 seperate playoffs.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m