• Sponsor

I’m starting to realize that Mechanized Infantry should be Germanys weapon of choice, especially on the eastern front. However, I’m still thinking about a Minor IC in Romania (later in the game) just so I can combine a few artillery each turn.

• @Trisdin:

I’m starting to realize that Mechanized Infantry should be Germanys weapon of choice, especially on the eastern front. However, I’m still thinking about a Minor IC in Romania (later in the game) just so I can combine a few artillery each turn.

Mech inf. can’t stand alone.
    They should be along for speed and fodder. Not the weapon of choice. You need something that can kill off the enemy - not just soak up the damage they do to you.

• @Trisdin:

However, I’m still thinking about a Minor IC in Romania (later in the game) just so I can combine a few artillery each turn.

I was thinking:
    Buy 7 artillery turn 1. (save 2 ipc)
    Also move all starting artillery to Russia. (use planes to kill the French, and limit the naval battles to kill UK trannies and destroyers)
    Now you got a lot of artillery on the eastern frontline that later mech buys can exploit.

• Sponsor

@Xandax:

@Trisdin:

Mech inf. can’t stand alone.
    They should be along for speed and fodder. Not the weapon of choice. You need something that can kill off the enemy - not just soak up the damage they do to you.

Mechs, tanks, and aircraft is a speedy attack force for the eastern front but that could get pricy.

• Sponsor

@Razor:

@Trisdin:

However, I’m still thinking about a Minor IC in Romania (later in the game) just so I can combine a few artillery each turn.

I was thinking:
    Buy 7 artillery turn 1. (save 2 ipc)
    Also move all starting artillery to Russia. (use planes to kill the French, and limit the naval battles to kill UK trannies and destroyers)
    Now you got a lot of artillery on the eastern frontline that later mech buys can exploit.

I wouldn’t do that personaly.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m