• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I like the proposed solutions.

And yea, I think it’s totally retarded, that German can’t collect for Yugoslavia because an allied sub is off the coast of Italy?  I dropped a WTF bomb when that happend to me.  I get it if it’s an island territory, but when it’s landlocked?  How is that even possible?

I like the concept of having to match up destroyers.  1-1.  Subs not matched up can then Submerge/retreat.

This makes Germany buying Copious amounts of subs, a successful tactic,  And vice versa aswell.

• I agree. I don’t think defending subs should be allowed to retreat, but they should be able to submerge. If you think about it, that’s the tactic they employed when they encountered a destroyer. I like the 1-1 match up. Should (defending subs) not matched up be allowed to submerge before first round of combat? I think so.

• The 106 & 109 attack isnt about killing transports, its about killing destroyers
    Knock them all out of the north atlantic, then your subs can play havoc over there near canada

if 2 live move one down to the bahamas

then move that one to africa

make UK destroyers run circles

• @warwinner:

I agree. I don’t think defending subs should be allowed to retreat, but they should be able to submerge. If you think about it, that’s the tactic they employed when they encountered a destroyer. I like the 1-1 match up. Should (defending subs) not matched up be allowed to submerge before first round of combat? I think so.

Someone bring it up on Larry’s site.  I think its a great idea.  Subs are damn near worthless except as fodder hits in major battles as is.

• '10

If anyone is interested I have brought our sub house rules back to the surface under HOUSE RULES. Have been working good for us.

• As far as tactics go, I think it’s advantageous for Germany to put a sub in a far corner of the Atlantic out of reach of anything. The sole purpose of this tactic is to deny UK an NO for as long as possible. I don’t know about you guys, but a u-boat in any part of the Atlantic that can be considered useful, doesn’t live that long for me. A cost 6, and if you deny the NO for a minimum of 2 turns you’ve already made good on your investment.

Best time to do this would probably be with a starting sub since U.S. is neutral.

• another good tactic is when you know you’re sub is going to be sunk, try and move him to a spot that is least advantageous to the enemy, this could be in the middle of the ocean or out towards the periphery.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m