Sgt. Wonko's & TMTM's 1940 Global Module for Abattlemap

• @TMTM:

that will have to be an idea for a future version of Abattlemap

Yea, it’s not the biggest issue. But it would still be a nice touch.

@gamerman01:

Pretty cool how you guys have been able to work together using each other’s work.  We’re all winners.

I was actually going to create my own mod with the Alpha 2 adjustments and then I noticed that TMTM was building one so I figured there wasn’t any point in duplicating the work. It was fun working on the map though.

• I’ve updated the file to have some better contrast for territory names. I also deleted the French navy on the 5th row, and the convoy damage marker on the 8th row since those aren’t used anymore.

• Downloaded your latest -
    Um, there are some unsightly squiggle marks on the territory of Russia.  Didn’t notice any other issues, but I didn’t do a full-scale check of every territory and starting units, either.

• Whoops, corrected now. There was also an additional seazone border in sz113.

• Just noticed that West India was a UKE territory and Yukon/British Columbia were UKP territories. Fixed it in Sektor editor.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nux5db42xbnh827

• Having some trouble.  Got the 8.0 edition with TMTM’s AA50 colored map.  My partner can download my maps, but I can’t load up his.  Does the map have to be in the T40 folder or something.  Help. :-(

• You shouldn’t have to move your partner’s AAM map file into the T40 folder (if that’s what you mean). Does he have the same version of Battlemap and TMTM mod as you? If you put a link up to where your partner is posting his maps I can check if I can view them.

• @questioneer:

Having some trouble.  Got the 8.0 edition with TMTM’s AA50 colored map.  My partner can download my maps, but I can’t load up his.  Does the map have to be in the T40 folder or something.  Help. :-(

they have to have been created with the same module… meaning that each of your module are in the same folder such as “T40.gim” the map file tells abattlemap to open the save map using a specific module found in a specific folder. Also try closing abattlemap and reopening it or rebooting.

• @Stoney229:

@TMTM:

@Stoney229:

@TMTM:

I’ve finished the first version of my module. Its based on the modules of Funcioneta and Stoney229… what I did was make the map bigger and put all the NO’s on their own chart and the artwork is different as well. Give it a try and let me know of any improvements or fixes it needs… I’m also providing a link to the Paint.net source files… you just need Paint.net which can be found at www.getpaint.net

You will notice a few differences… like damage… you’ll need to use the damage icon toolpeice to do damage… this is done to prevent overdamaging. Anyway feel free to use the source files and make the artwork/module better or let me know what you’d like changed.

TMTM’s G40 Alpha2 module http://www.axisandallies.us/T40beta1.zip

The source files http://www.axisandallies.us/T40gimsourcefiles.zip

how would there be overdamaging?

Hey Stoney! A player at AAMC.net who asked me to build this module told me that you can over damage the UK/Scotland with zones 119 and 109. If you put 8 damage in z109 it will do the max damage allowed to the 2 combined but if you also add 2 damage to z119 it ends up damaging you 10 when the limit is 8… thats what I was told

Hmm I see never noticed that before since Pacific does not have anywhere with 2 convoy zones touching the same territory.  That needs to be fixed, b/c it can happen a few places on the europe map.

Someone asked me about this again… so I went search for the official answer… and I guess my source is wrong. Read here: http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=4964

• @TMTM:

@Stoney229:

@TMTM:

@Stoney229:

@TMTM:

I’ve finished the first version of my module. Its based on the modules of Funcioneta and Stoney229… what I did was make the map bigger and put all the NO’s on their own chart and the artwork is different as well. Give it a try and let me know of any improvements or fixes it needs… I’m also providing a link to the Paint.net source files… you just need Paint.net which can be found at www.getpaint.net

You will notice a few differences… like damage… you’ll need to use the damage icon toolpeice to do damage… this is done to prevent overdamaging. Anyway feel free to use the source files and make the artwork/module better or let me know what you’d like changed.

TMTM’s G40 Alpha2 module http://www.axisandallies.us/T40beta1.zip

The source files http://www.axisandallies.us/T40gimsourcefiles.zip

how would there be overdamaging?

Hey Stoney! A player at AAMC.net who asked me to build this module told me that you can over damage the UK/Scotland with zones 119 and 109. If you put 8 damage in z109 it will do the max damage allowed to the 2 combined but if you also add 2 damage to z119 it ends up damaging you 10 when the limit is 8… thats what I was told

Hmm I see never noticed that before since Pacific does not have anywhere with 2 convoy zones touching the same territory.  That needs to be fixed, b/c it can happen a few places on the europe map.

Someone asked me about this again… so I went search for the official answer… and I guess my source is wrong. Read here: http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=4964

Wow  :-o !  That is counter-intuitive - but I guess it means the auto-convoy system isn’t broken after all.  You could re-introduce autoconvoys in your module then by re-releasing a replacement UnitStats.txt and instructing people to remove damage counter ships from their games before installing it.

• Yea, I was pretty sure it was possible to raid more than the total IPC value of the territories but it is a bit confusing. So I guess auto-convoy can work after all.

• @Sgt.:

Yea, I was pretty sure it was possible to raid more than the total IPC value of the territories but it is a bit confusing. So I guess auto-convoy can work after all.

You guys will be…… translating this to layman’s terms when the time comes, hopefully?

• @gamerman01:

@Sgt.:

Yea, I was pretty sure it was possible to raid more than the total IPC value of the territories but it is a bit confusing. So I guess auto-convoy can work after all.

You guys will be…… translating this to layman’s terms when the time comes, hopefully?

Currently my module doesn’t do auto convoy… meaning that just by placing navy into a convoy zone won’t do damage on the chart… I set it this way because I thought damage was limited and that auto convoy can over damage but after getting an official answer… the auto convoy should be fine and no need to use the damage markers icon. However some people might like this method to do damage… and I’m considering adding a 2nd twin module… so we’ll have auto convoy or manual convoy to choose from… all players would have to agree on which type to use. Do you like this idea or just have one module and force everyone to use  auto convoy?

• I think you should go with the one module auto-convoy so we don’t have compatibility issues with this in the future.  I’m confident the vast majority of players would agree with me.  (Although I do have one lingering doubt.  For those who think they should be able to get away with convoy damage that the opponent doesn’t see - a la Monopoly)

Wow, all this at no charge.  All we can do is thank you for improving the gaming experience for dozens of avid gamers.

• @gamerman01:

I think you should go with the one module auto-convoy so we don’t have compatibility issues with this in the future.  I’m confident the vast majority of players would agree with me.  (Although I do have one lingering doubt.  For those who think they should be able to get away with convoy damage that the opponent doesn’t see - a la Monopoly)

Wow, all this at no charge.  All we can do is thank you for improving the gaming experience for dozens of avid gamers.

Oh I just haven’t sent you the bill yet hehe

• @gamerman01:

Oh there will be a charge…a heavy price to be paid for sure  :evil:  I can’t think of what it would possibly be though  :-P

• @gamerman01:

I think you should go with the one module auto-convoy so we don’t have compatibility issues with this in the future.  I’m confident the vast majority of players would agree with me.  (Although I do have one lingering doubt.  For those who think they should be able to get away with convoy damage that the opponent doesn’t see - a la Monopoly)

Wow, all this at no charge.  All we can do is thank you for improving the gaming experience for dozens of avid gamers.

@TMTM:

@gamerman01:

@Sgt.:

Currently my module doesn’t do auto convoy… meaning that just by placing navy into a convoy zone won’t do damage on the chart… I set it this way because I thought damage was limited and that auto convoy can over damage but after getting an official answer… the auto convoy should be fine and no need to use the damage markers icon. However some people might like this method to do damage… and I’m considering adding a 2nd twin module… so we’ll have auto convoy or manual convoy to choose from… all players would have to agree on which type to use. Do you like this idea or just have one module and force everyone to use  auto convoy?

The two different “versions” can be completely compatible so long as both players remember to use the markers.  I’d say make auto-convoy the default, and then you can release an optional replacement UnitStats.txt for people who only want the markers to count in their games.  Then these people will be able to play with others without the other person needing to install anything new or change anything - they just have to remember to use the markers.

• That sounds good!

• I’m new to abattlemap.  I downloaded the 1940 global module and it looks great.  the only problem i have is that the program always crashes when i’m moving items on the map.  is there a resolution to this?

Thanks

• First of all, it looks great, so thumbs up for good work…
    however, when i try to dl it, mediafire just says invalid or missing file…

is possible you could put it up again?

many thx

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m