Airbase in Northern Italy saves Italian fleet in Sz 97

• Question: To aid in the Italian fleet survival in Sz 97 should Northern Italy start with an airbase?

Feedback wanted>

• I don’t believe so.  The axis have been given enough advantages in Alpha 2 vs OBB that they can afford to have one of their starting fleet sunk.

• @Frank:

I don’t believe so.  The axis have been given enough advantages in Alpha 2 vs OBB that they can afford to have one of their starting fleet sunk.

Were not talking Axis in this post, were talking Italy. You can’t build much of a replacement fleet with Italy’s income.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Well here’s the thing Idi, if germany builds transports G1, and lands fgt support in southern italy G1.  The U.K. has a barely 50% chance of sinking anything.

And the U.K. also has to skimp out in london, making sealion completely viable.

The sooner the U.K. navy sinks itself, the sooner italy can make gains in the middle east and africa.

The axis is fine without the AB, infact it’s TOO powerful if they have it.  Best exactly the way it is.

• @Gargantua:

Well here’s the thing Idi, if germany builds transports G1, and lands fgt support in southern italy G1.  The U.K. has a barely 50% chance of sinking anything.

And the U.K. also has to skimp out in london, making sealion completely viable.

The sooner the U.K. navy sinks itself, the sooner italy can make gains in the middle east and africa.

The axis is fine without the AB, infact it’s TOO powerful if they have it.  Best exactly the way it is.

Exactly which German fighter planes are you talking about?

Germany starts with 5 Fighters, 5 Tactical Bombers, and 1 Bomber.

All you need to do is align your attacks on the royal navy, is such a way, that it allows you enough movement points, to land 1 fgt 1 tac, or 2 tac, or 2 fgt, in Southern Italy by the rounds end.  For the Defence of the Italian fleet.  I’m not going to pick and choose which fighters for you, because it’s dependant on how you wish to attack the british fleet, but you should consider mapping it out.

If the british choose to throw EVERYTHING at the attack, then Don’t srcamble those aircraft, and Britian will be left relatively weakly defended.  You can then build transports G2, realign your army and airforce,  and force yourself into britian G3.

• @Gargantua:

Germany starts with 5 Fighters, 5 Tactical Bombers, and 1 Bomber.

I’m not going to pick and choose which fighters for you, because it’s dependant on how you wish to attack the british fleet, but you should consider mapping it out.

How would a veteran player as yourself Gargantua attack the Royal Navy and support the Italian Navy? Please do map it out for all us rookies>

Your a vetern IDI, map it out yourself, why should I have to do the work for you? and show my next G1 moves for the game we play on the 29th? That’s Bullsht! :P

What I’ll do, is just the basic, to show you what “can” attack, and then land in Rome.

• @Gargantua:

Your a vetern IDI, map it out yourself, why should I have to do the work for you? and show my next G1 moves for the game we play on the 29th? That’s Bullsht! :P

What I’ll do, is just the basic, to show you what “can” attack, and then land in Rome.

I didn’t know that you were claiming Germany on the 29th, I was under the impression the selection was going to be random lottery.

One needs to be prepared for every outcome.  That’s all I am saying.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m