• what crazy thing did the italins do in your game?

• Mostly through a combination of very poor US rolls and incredible Italy rolls, Italy took over all of Africa and took the US Midwest. 
    Italy dice attacks were on fire, even when they were helping the Germans attack USSR, Italy bowled through Russian lines like nothing.

Normally we’d both think the dice were loaded, but they came with the game!

• My Italians always know how to spell ITALIAN. CRAZY I KNOW!!

• :mrgreen:@cminke:

what crazy thing did the italins do in your game?

I’m a real crazy italian… ahhaha… i build 3 aircarriers… and i sunk the US fleet… is it enough? :-)

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I1, with German support, IE no british attacks,  securing all 3 Italian NO’s.  Securing Egypt, Gibraltar, and all North Africa.  Securing 35 IPC’s,  and then growing forwards through expansion to roughly 50 IPC’s a turn.  Quite the powerhouse.

• @Gargantua:

I1, with German support, IE no british attacks,  securing all 3 Italian NO’s.  Securing Egypt, Gibraltar, and all North Africa.  Securing 35 IPC’s,  and then growing forwards through expansion to roughly 50 IPC’s a turn.  Quite the powerhouse.

Better than Japan…

• '10

Italian Subs break out into the south Atlantic and beyond, causing the Allies to lose IPCs due to interdiction.

Also having them spend time and resources on chasing them down.

• any one have italy own moscow?

• '10

I have also seen Italian Naval forces dispatched to the Indian Ocean in support of Japan.

• Played right and with alittle luck from the dice fairy, Italy can be pretty impressive. Just wait till they get their FMG reinforcments.

• @Gargantua:

africa free of units? on I1?
    would be very tough, remembering the french in west africa and troops in south africa…

• I built a fairly large Italian Navy and then sent it at US.  It sunk 9 subs and a carrier off the coast of Florida.  Then US counterattacked with about 6 bombers four carriers with only 3 fighters and 4 destroyers.  The Amercians sunk the Italian fleet but only 2 bombers stumbled out of the fight.  At that point with the American fleet dead Germany took a time out from Barborossa and pulled a successful G9 sea lion.

• @cminke:

what crazy thing did the italins do in your game?

you mean crazier than actual Italians loosing against Greece?  :wink:

• yes

• After securing the Med and Africa Italy landed in Central America and the West Indies to keep the US busy.  2 Air Bases, 9 subs, 6 DDs, a bunch of infantry and a half dozen fighters later the US completely forgot Europe was even there.

• Customizer

I’ve never had the Italians take Moscow, but they have often taken Stalingrad in Axis won games.  This usually happens after they take Egypt, Iraq and Turkey.  Then they can float transports through the Dardanelles and attack Caucasas and Rostov directly with air support basing on Turkey.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m