• @M7574:

mediafire is garbage dump of spyware.  I don’t know how you guys tolerate it.  Every time I’ve tried to one of your links there my PC has been violated.

How do you know your PC is being violated?  Your security software telling you?  Which security software are you using?  What browser are you using?  Do you have the latest version of your browser?

Mediafire has popups, but I’ve never noticed any problem with anything else… but I do use NIS and Chrome.  Idk where else you’d want us to upload files?

• Obviously, I have not problems with Mediafire

BTW, AAE40 module is released

http://www.mediafire.com/?zsalcaarsvuqvkd

Check the link in E40 subforum

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=22448.msg753447#new

• TripleA

I see the module is developed for alpha2. :D

Now we just need a beta version haha.

• @Stoney229:

@Funcioneta:

@Stoney229:

I highly recommend using Paint.NET.  Using the magic wand tool, you can hold SHIFT and click on your 2,5,0 color (tolerance = 0%) to select all 020500 pixels in the layer.  Ctrl+Shift+Click on a 000000 pixel will add all the black to the selection as well.  Read Section C of my tutorial for more tips/hotkeys.

Paint.NET is a great weapon to create the map.bmp file (the map that the human sees), but it can potentially corrupt your sektorinfo.bmp file (the map that AABattlemap reads). I had this problem creating E40 module (and I had a hard time guessing what was happening  :lol: ), so I suggest using good old basic paint to make sektorinfo.bmp. Just my 2 cents

E40 module coming soon …

Interesting - I was having some problems with my new module that I couldn’t figure out for the life of me, perhaps you’ve found the solution.  I’ll check it out, but I’m pretty sure I haven’t noticed any .bmps getting corrupted.  how did you discover this, and are you still able to view you “corrupted” images in an image viewer?

I’m making a Global module myself… the problem you are having… might be the same one I had… what happened to me is I made a layer for the SektorInfo in my .PDN file… I began and filled all the sektors in that layer while it was still in the .PDN file… I then saved it as SektorInfo.bmp when I was done filling in the Sektors… I tried it out in abattlemap and it didn’t work right… it seemed to recolor some area’s the same as others… even when i know I didn’t make a mistake and fill those other area’s with the same color as another… what I figured out was that once I made the sektorinfo.bmp from from the filled layer in the PDN file it messes it up some how… not sure if you did it this way… I then did was just save the unfilled sektors layer as sektorinfo.bmp first… before filling in the sektors… worked fine for me.

• Looking forward to the finished product, TMTM!!  You’re going to do an Alpha2 version, right?  Which can be modified or tweaked for the final version of 1940 when it comes out?

• @gamerman01:

Looking forward to the finished product, TMTM!!  You’re going to do an Alpha2 version, right?  Which can be modified or tweaked for the final version of 1940 when it comes out?

Its made to work with alpha2… whats this final version? Alpha2 fix needed fixed? Well if Larry redoes alpha2 to a final version im sure I’ll be able update my module. My module is different from Funcioneta’s and are not compatible if thats what you mean.

• @TMTM:

@gamerman01:

Looking forward to the finished product, TMTM!!  You’re going to do an Alpha2 version, right?  Which can be modified or tweaked for the final version of 1940 when it comes out?

Its made to work with alpha2… whats this final version? Alpha2 fix needed fixed? Well if Larry redoes alpha2 to a final version im sure I’ll be able update my module. My module is different from Funcioneta’s and are not compatible if thats what you mean.

Yeah, you answered my question.  Yes, I think it’s highly likely the final version will not be exactly the same as Alpha2, so it’s great that you can make the update to your module.

Your module is for ABattlemap, though?
    Looking forward to seeing it.

• 2007 AAR League

@TMTM:

My module is different from Funcioneta’s and are not compatible if thats what you mean.

Does that mean if we are using your module we won’t be able to open maps from other’s using a different module, can we use both?

• @Emperor:

@TMTM:

My module is different from Funcioneta’s and are not compatible if thats what you mean.

Does that mean if we are using your module we won’t be able to open maps from other’s using a different module, can we use both?

Any game map you’ve saved can only be opened in the module it was created… example if you have a map file saved from the module G40.gim… when you open that file it wants to open in the module that is placed in G40.gim of your Abattlemap folder… plus my module is of different size and design and the file won’t be able to be put into the G40.gim for example if you know anything about how the module are made. If you are interested in how they are made Stoney has made an awesome pdf on the subject.

• Here’s a version of Func’s latest G40 map with all of the territories and seazones named. I like being able to look at the map and see the names easily. The writing is small and a bit faint but I didn’t want it to be too obtrusive.

Just download the map.bmp file and paste it into the G4F folder. I would move the existing map.bmp folder so that you can switch back if you want.

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?8uakf8gm9vyx99l

And nice work Func! The new map looks sleek and clean.

MapNames.JPG

• @gamerman01:

Sweet, thanks Wonko.  Do you not have “Bigpieces” installed?  They look a lot better than the default icons…

No problem  :-D  I just use the regular sized units, do Bigpieces work with G40? And where do you get them?

• Hmm…I have the bigpieces image file in Funcs G4F folder but it won’t activate. I toggled it a couple of times with no luck. Ah well, I don’t mind using the small pieces, I’m used to them now.

• @Sgt.:

Hmm…I have the bigpieces image file in Funcs G4F folder but it won’t activate. I toggled it a couple of times with no luck. Ah well, I don’t mind using the small pieces, I’m used to them now.

Right.  Well, when someone with more knowledge than I have about ABattlemap reads this, they will enlighten you.

Meanwhile, I have managed to install your labeled map, and it appears to be working for the games I already have in progress.  It is a HUGE improvement, and I will really enjoy the labels, so thank you VERY MUCH!  :-)

• One more thing - did you try closing out of the program and re-opening?  I just remembered you might have to do that to make it work.  Then try toggling again if it doesn’t immediately look different.  If that doesn’t work, that’s all I know to try.  I think it will work.

• @gamerman01:

One more thing - did you try closing out of the program and re-opening?  I just remembered you might have to do that to make it work.  Then try toggling again if it doesn’t immediately look different.  If that doesn’t work, that’s all I know to try.  I think it will work.

That did it. I had to activate big pieces and then restart.

@gamerman01:

Meanwhile, I have managed to install your labeled map, and it appears to be working for the games I already have in progress.  It is a HUGE improvement, and I will really enjoy the labels, so thank you VERY MUCH!  :-)

Thanks! I’m glad you find it useful. The first one I did for the last version of G40 had bigger fonts and more contrast between the territories and letters. It was pretty distracting. I’m a lot happier with the way this one turned out.

• I’ve finished the first version of my module. Its based on the modules of Funcioneta and Stoney229… what I did was make the map bigger and put all the NO’s on their own chart and the artwork is different as well. Give it a try and let me know of any improvements or fixes it needs… I’m also providing a link to the Paint.net source files… you just need Paint.net which can be found at www.getpaint.net

You will notice a few differences… like damage… you’ll need to use the damage icon toolpeice to do damage… this is done to prevent overdamaging. Anyway feel free to use the source files and make the artwork/module better or let me know what you’d like changed.

TMTM’s G40 Alpha2 module http://www.axisandallies.us/T40beta1.zip

The source files http://www.axisandallies.us/T40gimsourcefiles.zip

• @TMTM:

I’ve finished the first version of my module. Its based on the modules of Funcioneta and Stoney229… what I did was make the map bigger and put all the NO’s on their own chart and the artwork is different as well. Give it a try and let me know of any improvements or fixes it needs… I’m also providing a link to the Paint.net source files… you just need Paint.net which can be found at www.getpaint.net

You will notice a few differences… like damage… you’ll need to use the damage icon toolpeice to do damage… this is done to prevent overdamaging. Anyway feel free to use the source files and make the artwork/module better or let me know what you’d like changed.

how would there be overdamaging?

• India starts with 17 instead of 16 in Alpha2

• No need to copy “using US artillery pieces” to the China NO, since we have Chinese artillery pieces with Battlemap.  :-)

Nice work!  At last we have working Alpha 2 NO boxes!

• @Stoney229:

@TMTM:

I’ve finished the first version of my module. Its based on the modules of Funcioneta and Stoney229… what I did was make the map bigger and put all the NO’s on their own chart and the artwork is different as well. Give it a try and let me know of any improvements or fixes it needs… I’m also providing a link to the Paint.net source files… you just need Paint.net which can be found at www.getpaint.net

how would there be overdamaging?

Hey Stoney! A player at AAMC.net who asked me to build this module told me that you can over damage the UK/Scotland with zones 119 and 109. If you put 8 damage in z109 it will do the max damage allowed to the 2 combined but if you also add 2 damage to z119 it ends up damaging you 10 when the limit is 8… thats what I was told

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m