• Hi form ppl…

Can a single AA gun moving through land all by itself with no support owned by a power claim new territory…?

Sala

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

No, because it can only move in the NON COMBAT MOVEMENT PHASE.

• hmm, what about nuetrals?

• @Wilson2:

hmm, what about nuetrals?

Hmm, good question.

When you want to make an alliance with a neutral, you dont move a panzer division with big guns and ugly looking frontline soldiers into their capital as an act of friendship. You send some military advisors and diplomats. I think the non-combat move of an AA-gun is good enough

• As previously stated it can only move in the non-combat phase. As for taking a neutral I would say yes because you bring friendly neutrals under your control in the non-combat movement phase.

• TripleA

it will be interesting to see krieghunds ruling

Well an AA gun is considered a unit, and all the book says is that it must be a ground unit.

Might not be considered a unit though, because it can’t be taken as a hit?

Really want to see this ruling too…

• @Gargantua:

Well an AA gun is considered a unit, and all the book says is that it must be a ground unit.

Might not be considered a unit though, because it can’t be taken as a hit?

Really want to see this ruling too…

Transports are units and they can’t take hits. I think an AA should be able to activate a friendly neutral.

• Why I was asking to my post, is because I had an AA gun transported from US West Coast with troops and 2 tanks to Soviet Far East only in that territory.
    The Jap’s on there next turn commenced a battle with air units only on the US in SFE. The AA gun failed surprise hits on Jap’s planes and the Jap’s won the attack with poor dice rolling from myself with the US.
    I planned to get Korea with the US troops, and the tank would of been ideal, BUT with the US AA gun remaining, going back to my question, can you claime a territory with an AA gun.

As China units can’t enter Korea, it has to be the other allies to do so, US to me would be the best option.

It would be interesting if krieghund could see in this question ( AA GUN ), and to the answers about neutrals too.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Sala

• Official Q&A

As Gargantua said, you can’t capture an enemy territory with an AA gun.  As to claiming friendly neutral territories, the rules say that they can.  However, this may be changed in the FAQ.

• Okay, cool K. thanks!

Wooo! Boys! start loading your American AA Guns into trns and taking friendly nuetrals!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m