• What are the new Techs?  I’m not seeing anything about it. :?

• The complete details about the tech system has not yet been released.  We do know however, that they will all have the same names as the techs in AA50, as well as the same development method; however, due to some of the changes to the game some of the techs will be slightly different.

The Mechanized Infantry tech will now be Improved Mechanized Infantry since we now have a dedicated mech unit.  We don’t know yet what Improved Mechanized Infantry will do; guesses are they can blitz without tanks, they hit on 2 or less, or they hit on 2 or less when paired with a tank (like infantry/artillery).  We’ll have to see what they ends up being.

We also do know that the Paratroopers tech will be completely different.  It will allow for up to 2 infantry in a territory with an airbase to attack a territory up to 3 spaces away provided that non-paratrooping land units are also attacking that territory.

Also, there is speculation that the Long Range Aircraft tech will only increase range by 1 space rather than 2 due to the addition of airbases.  Improved Industries will allow minor ICs to produce 4 units instead of 3 and major ICs to produce 12 instead of 10.  Other than that, most of the rest are exactly the same.

Try searching “global tech” or “1940 tech” and see what comes up because there has been a lot of discussion about this so far.

• What was the development method for techs in AA50? I never had it and I’ve never played it, so I honestly don’t know.

• you buy the tech token on that phase of your turn
    than you roll the amount of dice that you have tokens
    if you roll a six or more on one dice  than one you get a reasearch
    choose chart one or two and roll another dice
    what ever number you get is the tech you get
    exemple: roll 6 select chart 2 roll 2 you get jet fighters

you keep tokens untill you get a six than you lose all of them

• I am so glad they FINALLY reduced LRA to +1.  I played several games of AA50 that way, and it was much better.  Finally switched back, since everyone else plays +2.  Now everyone will play +1 like me  8-)

• @gamerman01:

I am so glad they FINALLY reduced LRA to +1.  I played several games of AA50 that way, and it was much better.  Finally switched back, since everyone else plays +2.  Now everyone will play +1 like me  8-)

It’s probably because airbases make it +1, but that’s compensated for by the fact that there are more sea zones

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@gamerman01:

I am so glad they FINALLY reduced LRA to +1.  I played several games of AA50 that way, and it was much better.  Finally switched back, since everyone else plays +2.  Now everyone will play +1 like me  8-)

It’s probably because airbases make it +1, but that’s compensated for by the fact that there are more sea zones

I don’t think so.  Even with the +1 of airbases, aircraft couldn’t go nearly as far as in previous versions of the game.  +2 just plain sucked for all previous versions of the game.  It broke more than a couple of the games I played.  LRA is more powerful in most cases than even the old 2-hit heavies.  +1 and it’s still one of the best techs.

• @gamerman01:

Hey your not alone gamerman01. In AA50 we also changed LRA. We call it improved air, and made it +1 for movement, -1 for cost. The -1 for cost was a compromise that turned out to be pretty good. We just hated all the possibilities you had to account for w/ +2, especially bmrs.

• @WILD:

Hey your not alone gamerman01. In AA50 we also changed LRA. We call it improved air, and made it +1 for movement, -1 for cost. The -1 for cost was a compromise that turned out to be pretty good. We just hated all the possibilities you had to account for w/ +2, especially bmrs.

No doubt!  Glad me and my gaming buddy aren’t the only ones.

• @Fighter212:

you buy the tech token on that phase of your turn

6 or more? I wish I could roll a d20 for tech.

• @xzorn:

@Fighter212:

you buy the tech token on that phase of your turn

6 or more? I wish I could roll a d20 for tech.

well you cant really you have to roll a six

• Sorry if this is in the wrong thread, but I was wondering about Infantry Commanders. How do they work? What game introduced them? Where can I find the rules on them? Also, with the release of FMG’s Italian force what are some of the rules for the other pieces such as jeeps and trucks? Thank you.

• TripleA

the average cost to acquire a technology is 20ipc

no one will buy tech as it is too expensive compared to its benefits.

now that long range air has been halved, and heavy bomber has been neutered, there is no tech that is worth 20ipc. buying more units would be a better choice.

• @allweneedislove:

now that long range air has been halved, and heavy bomber has been neutered, there is no tech that is worth 20ipc. buying more units would be a better choice.

How do you get 20 ipcs?

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@allweneedislove:

How do you get 20 ipcs?

Yeah I don’t get that either. If you want to go with statistics, you need to buy 6 tech dice which would be 30 IPCs (assuming it’s still 5 to buy a token). But if youhave an extra 5 IPCs on a turn, why not buy one so you can roll for it each turn?

• @Mino1124:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@allweneedislove:

How do you get 20 ipcs?

Yeah I don’t get that either. If you want to go with statistics, you need to buy 6 tech dice which would be 30 IPCs (assuming it’s still 5 to buy a token). But if youhave an extra 5 IPCs on a turn, why not buy one so you can roll for it each turn?

If you miss, you get to keep the dice until you suceed. So you can but 1 dice and roll once a turn until you get a 6

• It actually should be 30 IPCs, 1 in 6 chance at 5 IPCs per chance=30.

• TripleA

@calvinhobbesliker:

@allweneedislove:

How do you get 20 ipcs?

im embarrassed. i messed up, i was thinking of AARe which had a great metheod for technology.

however, i still think that investing in tech is a waste of ipc.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Mino1124:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@allweneedislove:

How do you get 20 ipcs?

If you miss, you get to keep the dice until you suceed. So you can but 1 dice and roll once a turn until you get a 6

That’s what I meant with my last bit about using 5 IPC to be able to roll each turn. I should’ve added “until a roll succeeds” :)

• I just do it so everyone gets a tech die and can buy numbers on it for 5 apiece. This eliminates diminishing returns for spending more than 5 IPCs on tech and makes 30 IPCs a guaranteed tech.

For instance, spending 15 nets you a 50% chance per turn, as opposed to 42%.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m